Tetra Tech

Tetra Tech Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Tetra Tech Chairman, CEO, and COO Dan L. Batrack

Dan L. Batrack

Pros
  • If you work for a good company with good people, you will enjoy your job(in 7 reviews)

• Amazing staff, helpful colleagues, and nice work/life balance(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • It has also too many senior management and project managers who don't do anything(in 5 reviews)

• Tetra Tech is a big company comprised of many acquisitions and each company operates separately(in 4 reviews)

Great Company to work for

Project Administrator (Current Employee)

ProsBig company with small and personal office feel at regional level

ConsExpect to do more with less

Advice to Senior ManagementSome regional office leaders are micro manager and tend not to empower their employees

Good place to work

Research Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsIf you like environmental topics, there is interesting work. There are pretty good opportunities for recent college graduates. There are also opportunities for mentorship.

ConsThe corporate culture depends on the area you are working in. Because there are so many offices around the country, things can get siloed.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are lots of contractors, but at the moment certain parts of the company are having more work than others. I was hired for a specific assignment, but my contract was extended due to my work.

Meh

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTook a chance on a relatively inexperienced employee

ConsPay is poor and does not reflect COL.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Do not recommend- has lost its way

ProsPeople in the trenches are good and great to work with.

ConsLack of clear direction and where company is going. Little to no communication from leadership and when it does come very vague.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to value people more

Not rewarding, under appreciated and work in an extremely stressful environment.

ProsThe salary is good and the people I work with are wonderful.

ConsPoor management in my department. Overworked and under appreciated. The company does not care if you have been there 20 plus years, they will lay you off and hire someone for less money. We aren't expected to have a life other than Tetra Tech. Since this is a consulting firm, we have to be billable and if we aren't we are threatened that we could be "let go" and this causes a lot of stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider getting help in certain departments that are struggling to keep up with the workload. Certain departments should not be strictly billable.

It's a job....

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)

ProsWhen times are good you get paid...

ConsWhen times are bad you get sent home...

Advice to Senior ManagementWork harder to help PMs have tools they need to bring business in when their clients suddenly quit spending.

Seemed to be growing faster than management adjusted.

Environmental Scientist (Former Employee) Golden, CO

ProsI worked with some very great people and got involved with some projects which took me to interesting locations. Had a couple great mentors.

ConsThere was a fair amount of discord between project managers. This was true both within our office and between sister offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't have senior personnel tell junior staff that then need to leave the field before their soul is destroyed. This is very bad for moral.

Summer Internship

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI had an internship with them in the summer. They were really easy going people to work with; Great environment.

ConsNot much to complain about. Now trying to get a full-time job as an entry civil engineer with them.

Overall a great and unique company

(Current Employee)

ProsThe company has a great history/foundation in science and cutting edge services. A company focus on building on that reputation while also growing in more traditional areas is appreciated. Good (and improving) branding. A large and diverse set of services to both private and government sectors. Great amount of talent.

ConsSome of the business units don't work well together, though this is improving.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to pay more attention to and invest in its employees. Provide adequate ladders for growth. Define the Tt way to enhance culture across the company.

Overall, a disappointing experience.

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGenerally a good reputation in the industry translates to interesting projects. There were some good opportunities to make meaningful contributions to significant projects.

ConsCompany organization and management does not facilitate effective use of the impressive resources available across the corporation. Does not do a good job of leveling resources where they are needed and avoiding cut-backs where they are under-used.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevise a more effective system for sharing resources/staff across business units and equitably assigning credit for project profit where it is justified. Reward team players and facilitators, and weed out the hoarders, especially at upper levels.

Worked for Tetra Tech? Contribute to the Community!