Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Reviews

Updated March 29, 2015
144 reviews filtered by
3.1
Erez Vigodman

Pros
  • Good Benefits, good work envirement if you get your buddy to hire you (in 15 reviews)

• Great benefits, competitive salaries and great team spirit (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • better work life balance for all (in 3 reviews)

• Most of the time poor planning in the home office led to decreased sales in the field (in 3 reviews)

1. I Can't Give Zero Stars :(

Former Employee - Warehouse Group LEad in North Wales, PA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Group LEad in North Wales, PA

I worked at Teva Pharmaceuticals USA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They had heat in the winter, and AC in the summer. Also 4 walls and a roof. That's about it.

Cons

It's truly the worst company in America. Very evil empire mindset. I got great reviews from my boss, but was not hired on the 20 internal positions I interviewed on. If you're not related to anyone there don't bother, your life will be miserable. When you get hired they promise that they only hire from within, and they value employee retention. It couldn't be further from the truth. My department had a mass exodus right before, and after I left. I went from having 30 co-workers to 20 my last day. Also don't bother applying the interview process is a joke.

You can't give advice to people without souls.

2. ok

I have been working at Teva Pharmaceuticals USA

Pros

Great global company, many opportunities worldwide

Cons

too much into savings and cutting some nice perks

3. My long tenure afforded me many opportunities.

I worked at Teva Pharmaceuticals USA full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Overall the company has a great culture, field managers are very supportive

Cons

Middle management lacks the skill set required

Hire highly skilled product managers instead of promoting based on relationships

5. Great coworkers, great diversity, difficult to advance within department

Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Technician in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Technician in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Teva Pharmaceuticals USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers at Cincinnati site, clean and modern facility

Cons

No real opportunities for pay raises as a Manufacturing Technician , even after being there within same position for a few years. You have to learn another manufacturing department/equipment and be signed off to advance to Technician 2 but no real opportunities for cross training since we are always sent to packaging to help out, on slow days. You have to be persistent with some management so you can actually be cross trained within Manufacturing.

don't micromanage as much..esp with the "coach" positions, which are set in place to aid supervisors but at times seems to be a glorified baby sitter position.

6. Beware of Management

Current Employee - If You Dont Totally Love What You Do Dont Come Here! in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Teva Pharmaceuticals USA

Pros

Environment, location, location, location. You are allowed to develop your experience.

Cons

Revolving door (management) They are under paid and over worked. Not given authority but held accountable. Not trained at all.

Get trained!

7. Not a good environment

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Weston, FL

I have been working at Teva Pharmaceuticals USA

Pros

Good benefits. If y I are friends with top management, you should have good career opportunities

Cons

Very bad managers. Company trying to re-arrange,

Great experience, work really hard, waste time due to excess computer security that limits productivity

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Frazer, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Frazer, PA

I have been working at Teva Pharmaceuticals USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Projects are very active so tremendous experience in product development. Also, most managers seem talented and one can learn a lot from them too. Employee stock purchase plan lets employees benefit from company efforts to squeeze every penny out of everything. Bonuses, recognition, and promotions seem reachable

Cons

User unfriendly computer systems and excess computer security interfere with being efficient. Also, expect to work very hard and age quickly with how everything needs to be done right away, and frequently work on evenings, weekends, and while on vacation, though it is great experience. Teva is truly out to make money, so they are often restructuring and eliminating groups. The benefits are good, but are totally outsourced, so if you ever have a problem, good luck with getting answers.

Tell IT to stop hindering our productivity by blocking tools that made us as efficient as why you hired us. Also, really need to get better computer systems. Kind of hypocritical to some of the north star computer related goals of the company and wastes so much time in a job that asks so much of us. Also, hire a better benefit advocate company. Finally, I hope with all this cut, cut, cut, and not integrating across departments, that some major safety, quality, or important detail for a product under development doesn't get overlooked and Teva comes crashing down.

9. stressful work environment

Former Employee - Database Analyst
    Former Employee - Database Analyst

I worked at Teva Pharmaceuticals USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging work, a great human resource

Cons

Sealed management needs of lower levels, a huge work load

Regulatory Affairs Horsham Third Party Regional Management Disturbing

Current Employee - Regulatory Affairs Employee in Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Regulatory Affairs Employee in Horsham, PA

I have been working at Teva Pharmaceuticals USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Not to many pros in Regulatory anymore. The department is on the down slope , the leadership is substandard and humanity non existent. Moneys descent but be prepared to trade it for your self respect because they will attempt to strip you of it, its a battle to keep everyday . People do not feel good about themselves working here and that's just the way Management likes it.

Cons

Third Party Regional Management is angry, bitter, incompetent and openly hostile towards their reports because of their own short comings. Unfortunately it is with the blessing of Senior Management who could care less as long as they get results. Third party Management believes in order to look good they have to make their employees look bad and do it in the most skilled deceitful, and manipulative way. It is sad that the energy they put into being hateful towards staff isn't spent in positive ways but you can't reason with insecure people who just shouldn't be leading people in the first place.

Don't put people without integrity in Management positions that do not have the respect of anyone in the department , its bad for morale.

11. Difficult to get recognition for accomplishments; manager is untrustworthy

I have been working at Teva Pharmaceuticals USA

Pros

Good pay, tuition reimbursement, good medical & dental benefits, annual bonus, 401k with excellent company match, profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan

Cons

The ones who get promoted in Patient Services are the ones who don't do any actual work themselves. Manager makes clear promises to get you to work hard on new projects, but then reneges on those promises. You can go thru entire interview process and wait 3-4 months before getting an offer or hearing the position is now filled.

If your values are respect, integrity, leadership, then treat people with those values throughout the interview/hiring process. If you post a position, then conduct your interviews and make an offer within a month. Don't drag it out and force people to wait in limbo for months. That's rude and how you lose your best candidates. Before promoting someone to Assoc Director, do a 360-degree review to discover ALL sides and verify that the person is actually worthy of the promotion. Quit promoting people who are terrible people managers.

Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Photos