Texans Credit Union

Add Photos

Michael D. Sauer

Nice place to work

Consumer Loan Processing Specialist (Former Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsI worked at Texans Credit Union for 2 years, and had a pleasant experience. They offered a competitive salary and a friendly work environment. I started as a teller and left as a consumer loan processing specialist.

ConsSome departments were staffed inadequately to be able to handle the required workload. I put in a LOT of hours to get my workload completed, and that was a very regular thing.

Great Pay, Horrible experience

Teller (Former Employee)

ProsGood Pay, lots of room for promotion, many small bonuses throughout the year

Consmanagement is a big disappointment, managers pass on too much work below them, information isn't passed throughout company very effectively

Place to get experience both good and bad.

Branch Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsBenefits are good but most credit unions benefits are great!

ConsOutdated systems and policies. High turnover due to lack of leadership and good management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Member Services Communications Specialist

Member Service Representative (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsParking, work hours, training, benefits

ConsManagement is not as supportive.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more diversity in upper management.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good intentions but can't execute simple things correctly

Branch Support (Former Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsMost of the employees are willing to work with each other

ConsConflicts between departments; poor communication from the leaders. Many system issues that are very simple to detect but are often found too late. Lack of organization and no thought to how decisions impact members or employees. Just done without much thought to outcome.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop with the insincerity, it is very obvious what is honest and what sounds good in meetings. Realize that some people in management don't need to be there. Value the employees that actually do work and are willing to put in effort to turn things around.

Disappointing

Staff Support Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsWonderful people work there. They are the hardest working group of people I have ever known! Many of them have worked there for over 20 years.

ConsThe inability of upper management to deal with their business in a legitimate manner. They also had difficulty managing their staff. They were very inept at knowing what was going on in their department and dealing with individuals that were not on the right track.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people fairly and don't play favorites. Deal with problem employees on an individual basis and hold them accountable in a consistent manner.

Great Benefits, Great Training, ability to move up

Customer Support (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsIf you are looking for a new career and you are interested in the financial industry you can get your foot in the door by becoming a Customer Support person. You are required to stay in this position for a year but the knowledge you gain in this position is necessary for most other opportunities that will come up. Texans CU makes job openings available to employees before they make it public.

ConsAs Customer Support you are likely to have a late shift at the beginning. This is hard to manage if you have children. If you can make it through the beginning stage though your hours go to the more normal bankers hours.

A rewarding experience that ended too soon

Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) Rowlett, TX

ProsAt Texans the members come first. Which means you have to be the type of person who is willing to occasionally sacrifice your time for them.

ConsToo many people who have been there for years blocking advancement for many new employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work

Company has its good points

Officer (Former Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsGood teamwork across org; everyone trying their best; competitive products and services can rates; treats employees well; some in senior management are great

ConsDifficult situation; cutting expenses and staff making jobs more difficult; little training for new or existing employees; benefits not that great

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep trying; keep the good branch managers and incent them well; do not make cuts to products and services; good luck

CU Teller

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsGood Benefits, Nice Members, Bank Holidays, Good Hours.

ConsYou get micromanaged a lot by supervisors

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate

Worked for Texans Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!