Texas A&M

Texas A&M Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Texas A&M President Mark A. Hussey

Mark A. Hussey

Pros
  • Good work/life balance; opportunities for training; great coworkers (in 11 reviews)

• Excellent living area, low cost of living, knowledgeable employers (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Quality of life - College Station is a pretty small town, not much to do outsise (in 17 reviews)

• I worked there for several years but my pay always stayed at minimum wage (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Post doc

Post Doctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) College Station, TX

ProsGood learning opportunity. Good co-workers.

Constoo much pressure. too little money,

Advice to Senior Managementreduce pressure

High accredited university, profound research resources, high quality engineering school

Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) College Station, TX

ProsGood learning environment, excellent faculty members, top academic reputation

Consfair salary, high loading of teaching

Advice to Senior ManagementCan improve on remote class and on campus transportation

Great!

ProsWork-life balance, compensation, culture, benefits, paid tuition and fees

ConsNot much downside information at this position

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A well communicating team

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) College Station, TX

ProsEmployees help and enjoy working with each other, Communication with former students, hands on experience in online outreach to different demographics, parking perks, long term projects balanced with daily tasks, a lot of autonomy

ConsNot a lot of interdeparment mixing, basement offices, stuffy board of directors, sometimes office politics limit what a person can do

Good work environment, great people

Lead Systems Administrator (Current Employee)

ProsLargest employer in the area. Good benefits. Excellent retirement. Great people to work with.

ConsSome uncertainty regarding future of IT opportunities. Base salaries could be higher.

An organization more than a company

Facilities Staff (Former Employee) College Station, TX

ProsYour peers are fellow students who become some of your best friends. You work day in and day out with each other and really get to know each other and best close, the best time to work is over the summer when the employee staff is smaller so that you get to know each other a lot faster and its easier to get promoted.

ConsThe promotion process is a little political and you kind of have to suck up to get promoted. The pay is not very well either, but it is a part time college job so you go into it knowing you won't get paid a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo pick less favorites and have people be promoted on merit and not based on favoritism, or nepotism.

Assistant

ProsNone of it is bad

ConsGood for a temporarily job

Advice to Senior Managementgood

Great place to work

Student Technician (Current Employee) College Station, TX

ProsGood work/life balance. Working with nice and friendly people.

ConsDepending on the department, but mostly low payment.

Amazing benefits, lots of politics

Lead Office Assistant (Current Employee) College Station, TX

ProsThe campus is wonderful, benefits are great.

ConsRaises are small, lots of politics involved.

A great place for Student Workers

Student Worker (Former Employee) College Station, TX

ProsAs a student, they made sure to work around my class schedule and stressed that my academics were priority over work. Awesome supervisors that were very supportive and ended up being great mentors to me.

ConsWorked there for almost two years and still made minimum wage when I left.

Worked for Texas A&M? Contribute to the Community!