Texas Health Resources

Updated February 1, 2015
Updated February 1, 2015
3.6

Barclay Berdan

Pros
  • The work-life balance was good for non-clinical employees and salaries seemed competitive (in 10 reviews)

• great benefits and many locations in the Dallas area (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to no on the job training (in 4 reviews)

• The Senior management treats you very poorly and the company is extremely strict with dress code and other celebratory functions (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Super supportive Management, flexible scheduling, good 401 contribution match, tuition reimbursement, reasonable insuran

Current Employee - RN-II in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - RN-II in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Texas Health Resources full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My salary maxed out a few years ago so every year I get a bonus for my raise. There are lots of opportunities to be a part of and lead committees. Great people to work with.

Cons

Still has 12 hour shifts... I'm getting too old for that. No place to sit and work. Must stand 90% of the time. Computers on the walls in the halls, and only a few very high stools.

Work on 8 hour shifts for nurses. Advertise among the staff the opportunities for advanced degrees. The only thing we hear about is the CNL.... aren;t there other needs for a masters prepared nurse?

Great Experience Working at Texas Health Resources

I have been working at Texas Health Resources full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great compensation, personal growth, educational opportunities

Cons

Leadership sometimes an issue, THR culture not balanced throughout all facilities.

Unfortunate and poorly designed compensation and benefits!

I worked at Texas Health Resources full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Financially secure and well -recognized leader in the mid-western market. Emphasis on quality measures and markers. Company leadership appears to be well-meaning.

Cons

Production-based compensation model for advanced practice providers working in SNF's/LTACs very poor. Reimbursement has continued to decrease over the course of of the preceding 3-4 years resulting in repeated salary reductions, as many as three per year. No benefits whatsoever provided.

Eliminate the production based compensation package entirely. Salary with benefits model, traditional, is far superior.

Wonderful place to work where they listen to you if you speak to the right people.

Former Employee - Admissions Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Admissions Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Texas Health Resources full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They pay well and have cheap but very good benefits! HR is very helpful and listen to you even over the most tiniest issues.

Cons

The clinical staff worked a lot better together than the clerical staff did. Additudes run higher among the clearical staff.

I know it's hard but I think that inner office compatability is something that needed to be worked on much more than it is. Also lower the pressures on your staff to get certain things done in a certain number of minutes. Some patients and some situations take a little more time than others. Think about the needs of the individual patients rather than their weight time and shoving them through the office as fast as you can. Just my opinion.

The worst boss

Former Employee - Histotech in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Histotech in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Texas Health Resources as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Perfect example of a bad boss

Cons

Yells for her mistake, discriminate .She is psychopath who came to management by a bad chance.

Put some ethics in your profession.

Getting to where I Hate to go to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Texas Health Resources full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Love what I do, have been in the profession for over 40 years. Adore the people I work with, and the contact with the patients.

Cons

If you don't have the right degree or certification you are not even considered for advancement, and you are not told this when your hired. You can get the credentials to move up but the test are not reimbursed you foot the bill for books and test. Also, you can not even apply for supervisor positions without a degree, and the degreed people don't have a clue how to run the department, someone with experience instead of book learning are sometimes better for this job. PRN should be for when the department needs them, not for when they want to work (PRN= as needed). This company could care less about an employees family, only cares about shift coverage (except for certain employees they get whatever they want, the teachers pets so to speak). Worst of all if you are not an RN or important department you are automatically in the wrong when an incident happens the "lower employee" is reprimanded and written up regardless,

Start treating all employees equally regardless of position, it takes all employees to make a hopital work and keep patients happy, and well cared for. Not just one or two groups (RN's and management). Start opening hospitals out of the metroplex, these people need good hospitals also, and some of us wouldn't have to drive so far ever day to get to work. And last why is there no employer response to any of the post on here, just shows us upper management could care less what it's employees have to say. If you start car7ng about all employees surprise you will have less turnover and happier employees that love and want to come to work.

THR is a Great Place to work for.

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Texas Health Resources full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I'm okay with the company. I like that they stand on the faith of Jesus Christ or at least it's promoted. However THR don't discriminate against other beliefs.

Cons

Well as an faithful employee I have been treated as if PCT's, Housekeeping, Dietary is not important jobs. We are not treated with the same respect as other fields when we are all here to get our patients back to health.

Please help promote the moral with the personal that don't necessary have an "acceptable" degree.

Two enthusiastic thumbs up!

Current Employee - Speech Therapy in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Speech Therapy in Plano, TX

I have been working at Texas Health Resources as an intern

Pros

Supportive supervisors, top notch facilities, core values.

Cons

I was an unpaid intern. :(

More funding to rehab for therapy materials.

Nepotism Abounds in THR Corporate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Texas Health Resources full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Many departments, groups and individuals to work with. Time off is limited. THR Corporate is constantly growing and changing.

Cons

Silos are large and tough to break through. The left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing in this corporation. Amazing behavior by certain employees and departments which becomes "status quo" for years. (i.e. Taking over a week to grant system access to RNs. Think about it..... if you are an RN who can't chart, you are an RN who can't work. And that's ok with you?) A ITS Help Desk who tries to help, but they are just another cog in the wheel. And worst of all, leaders who don't lead. Some managers have few to no people skills. Many were promoted since they knew or are related to someone.

So many of the directors bark orders, given to them, but don't understand what their orders actually mean. Get out of the meeting rooms and work with your people. You'll learn a lot and actually let people know who you are.

Overworked and underpaid

Current Employee - Front Office - Medical in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Front Office - Medical in Allen, TX

I have been working at Texas Health Resources full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Hospital staff is quite friendly (though it seems we share the misery). A very big team environment. Great benefits. Family first mentality.

Cons

Administrative and admission staff are absolutely overworked with high expectations to meet and we are incredibly UNDER STAFFED and under paid! I most often do my own job as well as a handful of other people's jobs. Management are mostly ineffective (mine in particular is on vacation or on PTO than in the office working) as far as facilitating an environment for us to succeed in. The way this is going, they are going to have a hard time maintaining the current talent that they have.

Be conscious with overloading your administrative staff! It is so easy to do but it is a quick way to lose solid talent.

Texas Health Resources Photos