Texas Home Health

Updated Mar 4, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steve Rodgers

I liked working for this company& the people were very nice & courtious.

Home Health Care Provider (Former Employee) Cleveland, TX

ProsOpportunity to move up the ladder and succeed at advancements.

Consstarting pay is minimum wage, which does not help when you have to travel several miles every day to work & back.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to be more understanding to employee needs also & if someone can only have desk work, try to accommidate to that need if at all possible.

Caregiver/ Attendant

Home Health Care Provider (Former Employee) Longview, TX

ProsSorry the experience was overall a very negative one.

Consmany, no support from management, poor pay, minimum wage with no raises, clients feel unsupported and we as caregivers feel unsupported and bear much of the blame from the clients because we are the only representatives from the company that they see. We get moved around too much. Just when you are happy with a client they move you to somewhere else.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix what is wrong in the upper levels and the company will run smoother. Stop blaming your caregivers for problems and start looking at yourselves. Clients are generally very happy with the work on the ground but when they cannot get any support from the company itself they have no one else to blame but us and resentment sets in. That is why you cannot keep any employees on the ground level that and the fact that you won't even pay a dime over minimum wage but every supervisor is paid much more than their position calls for. Clients are not satisfied with the company because their needs are not getting met in all areas except patient care and when it is a question of patient care it is because the character of some of the types of caregivers that the company is drawing is very low because the wages are so low. I quit to go to a company that hired on above minimum wage and gave raises as experience increased. Understanding that pay can only be so high because government contracts for these kinds of jobs is only so much money per year but the company seems to be taking a much larger chunk of that money for it's management instead of paying it out to actually pay the caregiver to take care of the client. I question the integrity of the management company.

Regional RN supervisor for a designated area.

RN Supervisor (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsWorked with great people and decent work life balance.

ConsWhen THH was acquired by AccentCare the wheels fell off. To many structure changes and organizational reporting line. Too many management changes, no consistency.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet payroll fixed! That's if you want to keep good people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great med-surg experience in a slower environment than acute hospital.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHome health: ability to give undivided attention to each patient in their own environment and have the time to resolve barriers to quality health and quality of life issues. Use of HomeCare HomeBase is an improvement.
    Georgetown: great field team.

ConsOffice tension and disorganization effects field scheduling and quality of care delivered to patients. Training for HomeCare HomeBase not thorough enough for smooth transition.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne person in each office rolled out to HomeCare HomeBase needs to have complete training and thorough understanding of system so when corporate support leaves, this person has the knowledge to let the office be self-sustaining.

Only care about the bottom line. . . employees are not important

ProsNone, I can't think of one

ConsThis company wines and dines to get you on board and then they drop you as soon as census falls. A pressure cooker. Management is over populated and the field staff are few and overworked. They do not care about individuals and loyalty does not have a place with Accentcare-Texas Home Health!

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement, you are overpaid and there are too many of you!!!

Everyone in our office is PATIENT- oriented first! Love it!

Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) Brenham, TX

ProsOur office staff are knowledgable and helpful. The different professionals work together to optimize scheduling for both patients and therapists/nurses. Love the flexibility of time! Salary is competitive and management is flexible and their doors are always open.

ConsComputer software is difficult to learn and not organized in a logical manner. But with some dedication, you can learn it and use it effectively.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew computer software, and I understand, tablets are in the works...

un-professional and un- knowledgeable office staff..

Care Partner (Current Employee) Irving, TX

Prosif you are looking for a temporary position where you can obtain hands on experience working with clients this is a perfect opportunity

Consun-professional, and un-knowledgable upper- office management. Job doesn't provide benefits or training to care-partners who work in the field.. They don't take the time to educate you on who the client is that you will be working with or what their true needs may be. They raises unless you have been with the company a year, and are un-helpful when dealing with situations regarding the clients. Its like working in a contact position or independently.. being in business for yourself but being affliated with them.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your employees before you send them out into the field.. Do a better job of educating them on what to expect when walking into someones home for the first time.. and take time to really screen the clients so that you not only know what the client is really like and needs are, but also what care partner would work with them the best. Also provide your care partners with some kind of benefits.

Treated me OK but others didn't fare as well

RN Case Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsI was liked by management andt was left alone but not everyone was so lucky. I was there for ust a few years and they went through multiple owners. Stick around long enough and outlast the others who quit and you will be promoted just through longevity ( 6 mo - 1 year)

ConsVery poor benefits. Cost for health care was high. I'm used to c.ompanies picking up the total or most of the cost of health insurance but that was not the case here. Company was very money oriented and would work you to death. Extremely high turnover which means it causes problems for everyone when nurses quit..

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep an eye on the Austin location. Management only geared to the money.

Texas home health- Run as fast as you can!

Field RN (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat pay, so you can work less and make more.

ConsNo training, poor orientation.
    You travel really far, on short notice. very annoying.
    Cold management.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer proper orientation, proper computer software training.

Authoritarian management style, frequent policy changes

Field Nurse (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsFlexible scheduling, autonomy, they try to keep you in one area (I.e north, south), have per visit with benefits option

ConsInflexible management, high turnover, employee input not valued, on call can be intense at times (especially on weekends), poor computer charting system, difficult to reach case managers/clinical supervisors the majority of the time due to constant meetings they have to attend, very low morale, high employee dissatisfaction currently

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff, stop with the changes, at least for a little while, invest in a better computer charting system (maybe tablets instead of giant laptops?)

Worked for Texas Home Health? Contribute to the Community!