Texas Instruments

Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.6 1,112 reviews

Texas Instruments Chairman, President, and CEO Rich Templeton

Rich Templeton

Pros
  • Work life balance is really good, it values the importance of sports in life (in 116 reviews)

• Great people, benefits, work environment -- when far from corporate headquarters in Dallas (in 66 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance rarely seems to be in favor of life (in 36 reviews)

• Upper management seems to be reserved for Marketing/Sales folks (in 25 reviews)

More Highlights
1,112 Employee Reviews

Great place for internship

ProsFast learning curve. Easy job task

ConsDallas is not a good place for life

Texas Instruments

Engineering Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsVery good work life balance with flexible hours

ConsNot run like a technology company.

Stable company

Associate (Current Employee) Stafford, TX

ProsJob security is high. Benefits for those that have been here for some time are great. Profit sharing is attractive.
    Great company to work for if you are fine with limited growth opportunities.

ConsPay is lower than industry standards. If you are a newer employee you are now subject to the lower benefit trends that other companies are using. Talent is wasted or not fully utilized. The environment is the same as it was in the 70's. Creative energies are not promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote those with experience and not just by academic credentials. Very limited resources used to grow employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

diverse environment and challenging work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible-as long as you get your work done, good working environment

ConsLack of opportunity for advancement

Great company to work for!

Applications Engineer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsTalented, motivated and very helpful co-workers. Great values and supervisors are understanding. A place to build good relationships.

ConsToo many loops to go through to get basic work done.

satisfied

ProsVery diverse environment and challenging work

ConsLack of opportunity for advancement

Big, Friendly company with many opportunities and strong future if they focus more on the real people that add value

Field Applications Engineer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFlexible-as long as you get your work done, people don't hound you about when you come in or when you leave.
    Intelligent co-workers.
    Family Friendly
    Profit sharing
    opportunity to learn many new things
    many groups within company-can work for TI for a whole career and it would still be like working for multiple companies
    Very dynamic company-changed over time to find growth

ConsSlow advancement if you're not in sales.
    slightly below average compensation for electronics.
    Don't value the applications engineers that make all the difference at this company.
    changing priorities quickly.
    dissolving whole groups without clear, straight talk reasoning from managment
    not a lot of new technology coming out internally-just buy other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower your team, don't hold them to impossible administrative checkboxes. Evaluate businesses on a case-by-case basis. Don't try to compare every business to same set of expectations. Be careful of who you move into managment. Great individual contributers don't always make good managers. Value your talent and show them that they are valued so our best people don't keep leaving. Stop hiring designers and marketing "engineers" when your test teams and applications engineers are buried. Stop hiring armies of young sales people that leave in 2 years- incentivize keeping the experienced folks.

Good place to work, lots of talented people

ProsVery good benefits & compensation, with opportunities for profit sharing. Most all of the people you work with are extremely talented. Good opportunities to work on new technologies and products. Cool to know that things you work on show up in recognizable consumer products.

ConsBig company
    Stress level at times can be high to deliver
    Company will make tough decisions to get out of a business if it isn't hitting the performance goals they want - result is entire BUs can be hit resulting in RIFs.

Great place to grow

IT Support (Former Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsI started as an entry level IT. They really help you grow as a team member as well as a person.

ConsI can't think of any. This place is great place to work. I would love to go back if I ever enter the working world again.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing!

design engineer

Test Engineer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosgreat place to work, good benefits

Conspolitical issues that you need overcome

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!