Texas Oncology Reviews

Steven R. Paulson

1. Reliable, Educational; A Good Job overall

Former Employee - Several During My Tenure in Rowlett, TX
    Former Employee - Several During My Tenure in Rowlett, TX

I worked at Texas Oncology (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good, solid employment with progression if desired. Always learning; payer rules change frequently, our internal policies changed if needed. You got out of this job what you truly put in it. You could advance if you had the ability and motivation and desire. The home grown later-mngt and execs were good due to their experience and background.

Cons

Too much paperwork and conflicting processes might confuse and frustrate the external customer, as well as create an issue of trust. You always want the patient to trust and believe the heathcare staff and support staff. Important to remember all-as-a-team, not competing departments.

2. patient financial counselor

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, TX

I worked at Texas Oncology full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

none, that's why I left after 14 years!

Cons

They were bought out by Mckesson and everything about the company went bad. Harder and borderline harrassment of patients for money. They cut pay raises down to 2% max. it's a"suck up" mentality if you suck up to your manager you will be fine. uggh.... thankful to be out of there!

Advice to Management

Spend more money on keeping your employees happy and develope less stringent business practices.

Horrible management

Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Texas Oncology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mon-Fri no weekends or holidays. Coworkers become family. Learned a lot from very experienced coworkers.

Cons

Management forms clicks. Get promoted by kissing up not qualifications or experience. Jobs are posted but they already know who they want.

Advice to Management

Be aware who you put in positions of authority. Watch how many people leaves from a department for signs of bad management.

Needs Work!

Pros

Physicians, patients are exceptional; sound medicine is practiced. Employees really care and make a difference in the patient's experience.

Cons

Management doesn't recognize the employees contribution to the bottomline. Too much focus on the dollar without expression of gratitude creates apathy.

Advice to Management

Double standards need to stop, lead by example. Mandatory customer training with a 5 10 rule and management and upper administration walks by employees without even a recognition. What kind of a leader and respect does that build?

6. Cash App Specialist

Current Employee - Cash Applications Spec, in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Cash Applications Spec, in Richardson, TX

Pros

Love the employees I work with. Personal time off. Medical Insurance..

Cons

Low raises. Horrible Mgmt. Micro Manager. High Stress atmosphere. Mandatory overtime. They don't care about family life. Managers have favorites. Alot of brown nosing...

Advice to Management

Need College Degreed Management. Need to be specialized in Interpersonal skills.

7. Great for Patients, and Employees

Former Employee - New Accounts Representative in Wichita Falls, TX
    Former Employee - New Accounts Representative in Wichita Falls, TX

Pros

Great place to work.. Such a caring and loving place. You are a family.. Patients are called by Mr or Mrs, or by their first names.. Great care and love given to each patient. Never turned away if you truly need oncology care

Cons

They are only in Texas, so hard to stay with the company if you have to move

Advice to Management

Doing a great job!

8. Patient Accouts auditig furthered my knowledge in medical field

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Bedford, TX
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Bedford, TX

I have been working at Texas Oncology full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Access to any resource required, including those that performed the services. This allowed a much better understanding of how to properly appeal claims so that they are paid quickly and properly. I am now able to explain to insurances and patients the process o a level they can understand in a compassionately, or knowledgeable way.

Cons

Last few years the patient focused atmosphere has changed to a number goal oriented one to the point that patients are forced to do their own appeals and assistance financially is much more limited.

Advice to Management

Allow more time to research further if a patient feels something was done wrong, so an explanation can be provided or a true error corrected, Numbers and goals are great, but forgetting the real reason we are there is the patient hurts our desired image.

9. RCPhT

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Texas Oncology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work Schedule is great. M-F 8-5pm. I work in a very clean and steady paced enviornment. This is a low stress job.

Cons

I feel like I don't get paid well enough. I have 3 years pharmacy experience and my current pay is $12.39 I feel like I should be getting paid at least $13 or $14 especially since you have to do so much training to get certified.

10. Good place to work

Former Employee - Clinical Research Coordinator
    Former Employee - Clinical Research Coordinator

Pros

Great people, fantastic mission, tremendous learning and growth environment

Cons

Low salary, not a lot of opportunity for advancement

Advice to Management

None

11. I have 11 1/2 years experience in insurance and patient account auditing, appeals and collections.

Current Employee - Auditing to Locat Errors for Corrections in Bedford, TX
    Current Employee - Auditing to Locat Errors for Corrections in Bedford, TX

Pros

I have the ability to audit insurance payments and fight to obtain all monies due to either the doctors or the patients. I have access to numerous resources and people to further my understand of the workings of the business I am responsible for so that my appeals are more accurate and paid in a timely fashion.

Cons

Due to restructuring of the company our department is being relocated to a further location, that would add cost and time to my commute.

Advice to Management

I am a quick learner, but full of questions so I better understand the total function of the field I am working in. I am open to useful critique, and learning opportunities.

RSS Feed </> Embed