Texas Roadhouse Reviews

Reset
2.0
Texas Roadhouse CEO W. Kent Taylor
W. Kent Taylor

Pros
  • The culture is great, the food is great (in 14 reviews)

• They have good flexible hours, reasonable managers, caring people (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, cannot get out of your shift even for an emergency unless you get someone to cover for you, some people do not pull their slack (in 13 reviews)

• Working for tips on a server wage while paying other employees wages through tip share (in 7 reviews)

1. bust boy

Current Employee - Texas Roadhouse in Spring, TX
    Current Employee - Texas Roadhouse in Spring, TX

I have been working at Texas Roadhouse part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the best thing about texas road house is that its pretty flexible with your schedule and if you ask for a day off you pretty much get it and you can pick up shifts pretty easy and get allot of hours

Cons

bust boys arent really respected and its gross and you sweat and the managers there are all piece of bad who don't listen to you and they make bust boys do every thing and I'm 17 and I see grown asss adults leave to go home before I do and I wanna get home early cause I have school !!!!!

Advice to Management

stop making all the bust boys doing everything

2. NIce

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Texas Roadhouse part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good energy and teamwork amongst employees

Cons

nice management and encouraging role

3. Poor Pay and Negative Environment

Former Employee - Hostess in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Hostess in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Texas Roadhouse (Less than a year)

Pros

Initial sense of community and hard work atmosphere. Supposed to be a fun and welcoming experience for guests and should be the same for employees.

Cons

As a hostess you are making the same as a server, which was $5 an hour plus tips on the occasional take out order. The management at my particular restaurant was initially welcoming, however, took everything too seriously. Made it stressful for the staff.

5. Just okay

Former Employee - Server in Waco, TX
    Former Employee - Server in Waco, TX

I worked at Texas Roadhouse part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere was positive and the turnover wasn't bad.

Cons

The sections were small and the tips did not compensate for the small sections. This made it difficult to make good money.

6. Server

I have been working at Texas Roadhouse full-time

Pros

It is a fun place to work in. Fun people and your regulars be come your friends. Your schedule is flexible and the hours are not that bad

Cons

Horrible management. Managers care more about their guests than their employees.

7. Poor Management

Former Employee - Hostess in Concord, NC
    Former Employee - Hostess in Concord, NC

I worked at Texas Roadhouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The interview process was painless and easy. I asked for an application, filled it out right then, handed it back to the manager and had my first of two interviews right there.

Cons

Co-workers would come to work hungover and so would management. People who worked the longest were picked as "favorites" and the rules didn't apply to them. When requesting days off, they were not very flexible. Worst job I've ever had.

Advice to Management

not picking favorite employees and ignoring the rest

8. Server

Former Employee - Server in Crystal Lake, IL
    Former Employee - Server in Crystal Lake, IL

I worked at Texas Roadhouse part-time (More than a year)

Pros

potential to make decent money on busy nights, fairly consistent crowd

Cons

No confidentiality if you go to a manager about something, management is always changing, very high turnover rate which is why your managers and coworkers may not be the best- they are always very desperate to hire and don't always hire the best or most qualified people

Advice to Management

If an employee comes to you with information and emphasis multiple times on the confidentiality part of it- you as a manager should keep that info confidential. As managers its your job to maintain professional-there are managers that lost their cool and threw tantrums on a daily basis sometimes, maybe send those people to anger management!

9. Went downhill fast

Former Employee - Hostess in Thornton, CO
    Former Employee - Hostess in Thornton, CO

I worked at Texas Roadhouse full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management started out great, great to get your foot in the door, somewhat flexible hours

Cons

Only open during dinner, management changed every two months or so, managers picked favorites and only those favorites got to move up. Eventually the only people that were managers were all of the best friends in the company, very much like a clique. Management made at least one person per night feel so bad that they cried. No one covers shifts, and even if you're in the hospital, you're expected to show (happened a few times with co-workers). Moving up will never happen unless you wait about 3-5 years

Advice to Management

"Teamwork" involves management too

10. Not A Good First Job

Former Employee - Hostess in Bowie, MD
    Former Employee - Hostess in Bowie, MD

I worked at Texas Roadhouse part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tips Flexible on availability / request offs Lively atmosphere Fast-paced

Cons

Small pay Unprofessional management Short hours Can attract a rowdy / rude clientele

Advice to Management

I worked here as my first job when I was 16. Hopefully the management has drastically improved since I've been there. People can be very demanding of you as a hostess, and take advantage of your kindness, naïveté and youth. Management did nothing to improve this, instead they (along with servers) seemed to perpetuate this stigma of hostesses being "stupid" based on how they talked to you. I just thought that this was how a job was, that they "don't have to be nice to you" (these are actual words from a front-of-house manager). I wish I had worked somewhere else as a first job so I could have earlier developed a sense of self-respect in the work field.

11. Better places

Former Employee - Server in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Server in Orem, UT

I worked at Texas Roadhouse part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to work with fun people and learn customer service

Cons

Management sucks, pay sucks, the back is disgusting!! I worked for another location and never had a problem, I actually loved it. This place made me hate Texas Roadhouse and not want to serve anymore!

Advice to Management

Get managers that care!

RSS Feed </> Embed