Texas Roadhouse Reviews

Updated March 29, 2015
359 reviews filtered by
These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.
3.9
Texas Roadhouse CEO W. Kent Taylor
W. Kent Taylor

Pros
  • Management is great, the atmosphere is great, the food is great (in 14 reviews)

• They have good flexible hours, reasonable managers, caring people (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Average or below pay & long hours (in 13 reviews)

• Working for tips on a server wage while paying other employees wages through tip share (in 7 reviews)

1. Great atmosphere at Texas Roadhouse.

I worked at Texas Roadhouse

Pros

It has a great atmosphere with fun people. There is line dancing on the hour every hour which is a lot of fun. The food is good and inexpensive.

Cons

It is a corporate restaurant so they can be very strict at times. They don't seem to hire many guys either which could be taken as sexist.

The managers need to watch out with playing favorites and also, be careful with sexual harassment. Maybe it was just the one that I worked at but I did experience these things.

This is a great company who cares for its employees and truly wants to satisfy both customers and employees

Current Employee - Server in Waco, TX
    Current Employee - Server in Waco, TX

I have been working at Texas Roadhouse part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people who work at Texas Roadhouse are some of the most diverse around. You will be surrounded by people from all different backgrounds and you have the opportunity to learn so much from your coworkers well as the people at your tables.

Cons

Some down sides of working here are that you are not allowed to request off. You have a set schedule for your duration of employment there and you are expected to show up to every shift unless another server picks yours up.

The management is great here. They truly care about their servers, hosts, service assistants, and other employees.

3. Great place to work

I worked at Texas Roadhouse

Pros

Love the atmosphere, the fun, and how chill everyone is.. Well at first. I'll get to that in the cons. The experience you get from this job is amazing! The mini competitions between servers for potential gains like not having to do certain closing duties. The fact that you get to pick your hours. Also if you're a people person you meet a lot of great people!

Cons

Management is a little too strong arm. They have their traits you love and there are MANY of them. They just treat Texas Roadhouse like their baby and they should! Just too "overprotective" you could say? They have their reasons and it keeps roadhouse as busy as it is. Just give us a little less stress and things would be even better! Happy employees = happy customers.

Have more events for us to really "love" our job. I mean I like working here but make me LOVE to work here! Events like some of us go to the lake or something along those Libes. And be a little less strong arm so we don't stress out as much.

5. I Love my Job

Former Employee - Server in Portage, MI
    Former Employee - Server in Portage, MI

I worked at Texas Roadhouse

Pros

Easy, good money, great people, Management is understanding, Good benefits, Everyone at Texas Roadhouse works together as a team to provide a great customer service experience.

Cons

Secret Shops, Have to tell the TRH story at every table. there is very limited opportunity to receive paid vacation.

Do not favor one employee over another. Make sure that you listen when people request schedule changes far in advance.

6. It is very hard work and dedicating

Current Employee - Server in Bridgeville, PA
    Current Employee - Server in Bridgeville, PA

I have been working at Texas Roadhouse

Pros

Employee bonuses, good pay, easy job

Cons

Manager meetings, strict about clocking in on time

Be more reasonable

7. Hostess

I have been working at Texas Roadhouse

Pros

Fun environment, great employees, discount on great food

Cons

Pay isn't that good, you get tip share but it doesn't really make a difference. Still is basically minimum wage

8. Such a great place to work!

Current Employee - Waitress, LSM, Administrative Assistant, Management in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Texas Roadhouse

Pros

It's like a family, fun environment, loyal customers, good pay, the food quality is incredible, easy to sell and very delicious.

Cons

Busy! If you're not used to a crazy busy environment this is not for you. We no longer hire someone as a server at our location unless they have at least a year's experience.

The only thing I can say is to keep doing what you already do.Thank you for working with me the last 6 years!

9. Its a serving job

I have been working at Texas Roadhouse

Pros

Laid back atmosphere, pretty good money, easy job good people, very busy, 60 min wait every weekend

Cons

when working with 25 other servers drama is everywhere, rumors start. Lazy coworkers the dont get talked to, hard working ones dont get notice

10. You make great money, but you're working twice as hard.

Current Employee - Server in Mansfield, TX
    Current Employee - Server in Mansfield, TX

I have been working at Texas Roadhouse part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Always busy, garunteed to make a living

Cons

There are no personal breaks, and on your feet 100% of the time

Give back to your servers and bartenders, they are the real laborers

11. eh

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Texas Roadhouse part-time (less than a year)

Pros

friendly co workers. good food

Cons

not a lot, bad management sometimes