Texas Roadhouse Reviews

Reset
3.9
Texas Roadhouse CEO W. Kent Taylor
W. Kent Taylor

Pros
  • The culture is great, the food is great (in 14 reviews)

• They have good flexible hours, reasonable managers, caring people (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, cannot get out of your shift even for an emergency unless you get someone to cover for you, some people do not pull their slack (in 13 reviews)

• Working for tips on a server wage while paying other employees wages through tip share (in 7 reviews)

1. Waitress

Former Employee - Waitress in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Waitress in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Texas Roadhouse part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Side work is really easy, the coworkers are easy to get along with, and the training is fast and has you out on the floor making money quickly. The restaurant closes pretty early so there aren't many nights that you're working too late to get out and do something.

Cons

Since this restaurant is not fine dining it sometimes attracts customers that aren't the greatest which means sometimes the tips are bad.

2. bust boy

Current Employee - Texas Roadhouse in Spring, TX
    Current Employee - Texas Roadhouse in Spring, TX

I have been working at Texas Roadhouse part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the best thing about texas road house is that its pretty flexible with your schedule and if you ask for a day off you pretty much get it and you can pick up shifts pretty easy and get allot of hours

Cons

bust boys arent really respected and its gross and you sweat and the managers there are all piece of bad who don't listen to you and they make bust boys do every thing and I'm 17 and I see grown asss adults leave to go home before I do and I wanna get home early cause I have school !!!!!

Advice to Management

stop making all the bust boys doing everything

3. Great First Job

Former Employee - Hostess in Chambersburg, PA
    Former Employee - Hostess in Chambersburg, PA

I worked at Texas Roadhouse part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was my first job, and I really enjoyed it. It is a very casual working environment, as well as a really fun working environment.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that you always have to work evenings, because they do not open until 3pm during the week.

Two Year Employee Experience

Former Employee - Server/Front of House Training Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Server/Front of House Training Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I worked at Texas Roadhouse part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hands down, the best company I have worked for. You can't beat the people you're surrounded with. There is such a huge focus on that family feeling and it's refreshing to have around even in a part time job. Lots of room for growth if you're a hard worker and looking to advance within the company.

Cons

Honestly, can't think of any. I loved my time here and miss it very much!

6. Worse place to work for!!!

Former Employee - Former Dishwasher in Dundalk, MD
    Former Employee - Former Dishwasher in Dundalk, MD

I worked at Texas Roadhouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only good thing about them was the fact that it was close to my house on the bus line which only took about 7 minutes.

Cons

Management were disrespectful to their employees at times.Very little cross training in other areas unless someone shows you. No lunch break at all most of the time which is against the law.If u are late or call out sick don't bothered showing up for work the next day cause they will fired you or your hours get cut.It's a good thing I got out while I did.Next time I'll do a little research before trying another job.

Advice to Management

Better cross training of ALL employees not just the ones that kiss up to management. Treat everyone like your family and don't play favorites.Don't cut hours of good employees or else you will be losing a lot of business.

7. Host

Former Employee - Hostess in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Hostess in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Texas Roadhouse part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Food discount, lenient staff, health insurance

Cons

Never knew when your shift would end

8. I love my job!

Current Employee - Server in Bedford, TX
    Current Employee - Server in Bedford, TX

I have been working at Texas Roadhouse part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment to work with guests that are amazing. Working with the public has its ups and downs, but with a positive attitude and warm heart, you can make any experience pleasant. Management treats you like family. They look out for one another both at work and in personal lives. The hours are great for both students and parents. I am proud to wear a shirt that says "I love my job!"

Cons

Difficult to move up the ladder. Favoritism plays a large role. Only certain positions receive breaks.

Advice to Management

seniority should play a role when promoting employees. Breaks should be mandatory regardless of your position. It is illegal to not give a break.

9. Awesome environment.

Current Employee - Server in Rapid City, SD
    Current Employee - Server in Rapid City, SD

I have been working at Texas Roadhouse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training staff. Awesome tips. Its always busy. Everyone that worked there was really friendly. The managers were very helpful. The hours are flexible and I set my own schedule.

Cons

Their attendance policy is a little strict. I got written up for being 5 minutes late one day. You can only be late twice before disciplinary action is taken. The cooks were a pain.

Advice to Management

I would advise revising the attendance policy and making it more lenient. People aren't perfect and should be expected to occasionally be late. Hire better cooks.

10. Server

Current Employee - Server/Waiter in Grand Prairie, TX
    Current Employee - Server/Waiter in Grand Prairie, TX

I have been working at Texas Roadhouse part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Lots of teamwork amongs the employees

Cons

Customer can be horrible tippers

Advice to Management

N/A

11. Great Company

Current Employee - Server, Cook, Everything
    Current Employee - Server, Cook, Everything

I have been working at Texas Roadhouse full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with Roadhouse for four years. They're a great company, allowing me to hope from store to store when I went off to college, and later graduate school. I have worked almost every position in the store from front of house to kitchen. Every store is different it feels like, but they all have the same core values. Different GMs have different approaches. Some were relax and care free, others were very hands on micro managing everything. There's a reason this place was voted #1 sit in restaurant.

Cons

I'd have to say time off. Although at any restaurant I can imagine fathers, mothers, and valentines day are big days. Most of the stores also try and keep a set number of servers while thats good. Some stores are also open for lunch (11am) during the week, others are not. I personally feel that being open during the morning just isn't worth it as a server.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Hire more servers honestly. Ive been to a few stores with a low number of servers and its impossible to get shifts picked up, and some servers are working 60 hours a week. It was no fun.

RSS Feed </> Embed