Texas Roadhouse Reviews

1. Management was professionally intuitive and caring

Former Employee - Server/Waiter in Springfield, OH
    Former Employee - Server/Waiter in Springfield, OH

I worked at Texas Roadhouse

Pros

Managers are there for you professionally and personally and genuinely care about your career goals and will help you to succeed any way they can and by understanding the chaos in your personal life.

Cons

I have no cons to the Roadhouse environment. I gained lifetime friendships with the team I had the pleasure of working with.

Keep up the good work

2. Owner is not a nice person

Former Employee - Server/Waiter in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Server/Waiter in Lansing, MI

I worked at Texas Roadhouse

Pros

Good food for the price

Cons

Hit or miss on money

Appreciate your staff they are important

3. Amazing Job

Current Employee - Silverware Roller
    Current Employee - Silverware Roller

I have been working at Texas Roadhouse part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Get to meet new people and have awesome managers, plus get to watch netflix

Cons

having to get up to get new silverware

wifi password

5. High energy, high volume

Current Employee - Server in Missouri City, TX
    Current Employee - Server in Missouri City, TX

I have been working at Texas Roadhouse part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The 2 Roadhouses that I have worked at were both high energy and high volume. Unfortunately due to a turn over in management recently it has been a little hectic but the tips pay the bills.

Cons

Clientele can be rough. It's more quantity of tips rather than quality of tips. The faster you turn and burn the better for your wallet.

6. Server

Former Employee - Server in Camp Hill, PA
    Former Employee - Server in Camp Hill, PA

I worked at Texas Roadhouse

Pros

It is a busy place to work. There is always guests to be served and money to be made especially in the winter months. It's a large chain and transferring to different locations is easily done.

Cons

The management is awful. They are unprofessional, unethical, and disrespectful. Servers are expected to be a cleaning crew for the cheap management. Scrubbing the floor underneath the booths on your hands and knees are just one of the many tasks expected of you outside of serving.

You NEED new management. This is an awesome company that, for lack of a better analogy, is being flushed down the toilet by the current managers. The way they treat their staff is despicable. The way they maintain the actual building is disgusting.

7. Overall a good expericence

Current Employee - Server Trainer/Bartender in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Server Trainer/Bartender in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Texas Roadhouse part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is good and the food is something I would eat so it helps me serve it. I like the people i work with all for the drama that sometimes comes with the territory.

Cons

Covering other peoples shift when they flake on work gets frustrating sometimes but only equals more money. Some managers prefer some employees over others.

Compliment workers on when they are doing a good job.

8. Server

Former Employee - Server in Wausau, WI
    Former Employee - Server in Wausau, WI

I worked at Texas Roadhouse part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was very organized as far as the training and the entire set up process. Such a fun atmosphere to work in!

Cons

You only get 3 table sections unless it's late and you are experienced. Who they advance to become trainers is subjective.

9. Come on Down

I have been working at Texas Roadhouse

Pros

The people are fun and you can make good tips.

Cons

They pay 2.83 an hour. If they could, they would get you to pay them to work.

10. Host/Server

Former Employee - Server in Union City, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Union City, CA

I worked at Texas Roadhouse part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I worked here in Union City, CA for a little over a year. It was my second job and I really did like it. I had a few managers that I really enjoyed working with, and for the most part, got along well with my co-workers. There was opportunity to move up in different hosting positions and then to serving.

Cons

I had a couple of managers that were very difficult to work with. You didn't know which side of them you were going to get that day and it could make work very stressful. As with most restaurants, if you got sick, they didn't care. They would be mad if you called in sick. Working in customer service can make one cynical about people after a while.

Treat everyone with respect as people, don't single people out to be mean to them for no reason.

Quality college job, not for a career

Former Employee - Server in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Server in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Texas Roadhouse part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Semi-flexible hours, 30% off food and food is extremely good, friendly environment and staff, busy shifts=big $ (counter is slow shifts are often waste of time), often receive free food or other perks for winning shift competitions within staff positions

Cons

Not the best clientele compared to others in restaurant industry (sometimes reflected in tips,inconsistent pay due to this), questionable management decisions especially regarding scheduling and over scheduling during slower shifts, ineffective marketing which lacks innovation, little chance for advancement unless one can commit for life to Roadhouse.

Follow through with scheduling promises, recognize leadership earlier and more accurately, do not play favorites quite as much.