Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Texas Roadhouse CEO W. Kent Taylor

W. Kent Taylor

Pros
  • The work environment is very relaxed (in 15 reviews)

• Cash, flexible schedule, company who cares about employees, independence (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Average or below pay & long hours (in 11 reviews)

• Working for tips on a server wage while paying other employees wages through tip share (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Texas Roadhouse is a company with great integrity and sense of fun.

Service Manager (Current Employee) Joliet, IL

ProsThere is great opportunity for growth within the company.

ConsTime management between operational hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways make time for your people.

Jun 3, 2014Field HR Support Manager

10 year roadie----L-E-G-E-N-D-A-R-Y! Thank you for your hard work and loyalty!

Rewarding!

Server (Current Employee) Pensacola, FL

ProsEnjoy making people feel welcomed and have a great dining experience.

ConsWish they were open for lunch during the week and close earlier on Sundays.

I'm with you I could eat TXRH food all day everyday! Yee Haw

I actually do love my job.

ProsGreat family atmosphere. All of the employees really do love each other.

ConsManagement can be a little rough.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire internally.

Jun 3, 2014Field HR Support Manager

I'm so glad to hear that you love your job! Please let us know if there is anything we can help you out with in your store!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to Work

Bar Manager (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsSupportive Leadership, rewards good behavior, good culture.

Constoo many internal manager hires (hourlies) makes life tough. pay for managers is way too low. too much bonus vs base so some managers at the same level make way more than others.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a better pay system. The asm and akm pay only works for 5 management teams where the work is divided. all managers (less than 5 at a store) should be at least $40k kms should be $50k plus and Some partners should not make over 2x as much as others.

Jun 3, 2014Field HR Support Manager

Thank you for your great and honest feedback! This will certainly be passed along.

Growth

Server Trainer/Bartender (Current Employee)

ProsFamily-like atmosphere amongst all employees. Managers actually care about not only performance, but personal life (school, family, pets, etc). Everyday I walk in the door and hear, "Hi, ______, how are you today?" You're allowed the opportunity to grow from experience, learning how to set goals, and the relationships you make with fellow Roadies. Getting to meet new people everyday and create bonds with guests is like having a second family.

ConsShoppers, I like having secret shoppers to make sure we're always on point, but I disagree with some of the parts. I feel managers feel like they're locked in on visiting every single table vs. having the opportunity to always watch how the shift is flowing, and maybe missing a coach-able moment with an employee.. Or maybe missing out on getting a new regular because they can't stay and chat for 5 minutes because they're behind on table visits.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know not all stores are blessed to have the same amazing management crew that my store has, and some oopsies slip through the cracks.. But keep up the good hiring/promoting. I couldn't imagine working for a better company with better mentors.

Jun 3, 2014Field HR Support Manager

This is great feedback from both sides! Thank you for taking the time to do this! We truly appreciate your 5 years so far with us!

Worst work experience, ever.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seaford, DE

ProsThere are none at all.

ConsOver worked, under paid, bully managers.

Advice to Senior Managementits not my fault you're 40 working at a restaurant.

Stressful. Not worth the pay. Terrible management at my location.

Door Coordinator (Current Employee) College Station, TX

ProsCan't think of one, unless you count getting to walk yourself to a table when you want to dine in, and only getting 30 percent off food compared to other restaurants employee discounts.

ConsGot "promoted" and still wasn't treated with respect. Management. Perks. Pay. I was in a position that did not require a degree, I was working with high schoolers, and we were not allowed to request off for family or personal events if management thought the restaurant would be busy even though there were over 60 employees at my store.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to treat your employees like people rather than slaves. I was a senior in college, living in a college town, and not allowed to request off for a football game even though I had been working there for 3 years, and there were plenty of HIGH SCHOOL students who could have worked my position on a Saturday..

Consistency and hard work are rewarded.

Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsGood culture: It varies by location, but people tend to enjoy work.
    Opportunity for advancement: The potential for moving up in the company is there.
    Consistent training practices: Systematic training leaves little room for questioning how things are done.

ConsYou have the underachievers of any restaurant to deal with as coworkers sometimes.
    Occasional poor decision-making from low level management.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue hiring management from within.

Server

Server (Former Employee) Shiloh, IL

ProsBusy place and a good section will make you a lot of money. the harder you work the better tips you get

ConsDrama mostly with teenage girls but you can chose to be in or out of drama.

Best $ incentives in the Industry

Managing Partner (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsYou can make as much money as you want. Its YOUR business to grow in your community. How motivated are you??

ConsGreat younger folks, bench talent, who dont see that big picture can get lured away for just a little more money & bogus short term promises not seeing the possibilities at TXRH. Good news is the usually only leave for a bit and come back realizing the mistakes

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need to find a way to explain the "End of the Rainbow" and not lose some of the younger talent.

Worked for Texas Roadhouse? Contribute to the Community!