Texas State Technical College

Texas State Technical College Reviews

Updated Apr 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Amazing group of colleagues to work with

I have been working at Texas State Technical College full-time for more than 10 years

ProsHands on training for students

ConsNot enough programs to offer students

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate

Organization

I have been working at Texas State Technical College full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat people. Depending on what campus you are on, you are made to feel like you belong.

ConsLack of communication from upper managment. Very political. No continuity from campus to campus.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to put your egos and personal thoughts aside. There are people more important than you there. Make decisions accordingly.

Lack of Pay Raises

Instructor (Current Employee)
Waco, TX

I have been working at Texas State Technical College full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSteady Job. Flexability with your schedule.

ConsBeen here over 6 years with no raise. Lots of extra work load and promotions with no extra compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your people for what they are worth. ADABOYS don't pay for gas or bills!!!!!

Great school to work for...

Sign Language Interpreter, Coordinator of Deaf & Disabled Students (Former Employee)
Waco, TX

I worked at Texas State Technical College full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood benefits, holiday, vacations paid

ConsStaff at Deaf & Disabled Services need better pay

Advice to Senior ManagementStaff. especially interpreters should be paid at the same rate as recommended by Texas Deaf & Hard of Hearing Services

my view

I have been working at Texas State Technical College

Prosgood benefits and good salaries for education

Consvery political and unclear vision for future

A Unique Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Texas State Technical College

ProsIt is great to help students learn new things. The moment when a person grasps a concept is priceless. It is an unimaginable experience for those who have never attended college and is indescribable for those who have never taught or tutored. That moment is priceless. Some instructors can provide guidance to that realization.

ConsToo few instructors are knowledgeable of their subject matters. They have either no experience or too little experience in their professions. The level of education of those who have been tasked with educating others can barely spell properly, do not utilize proper grammar, and have little knowledge of what appropriate punctuation in a composition is supposed to look like. Power struggles between those who have power, those who have no power, and those who desire all of the power are obvious. This provides a hostile atmosphere for staff, faculty, and students. It is not conducive of a proper atmosphere that should be promoting education and personal advancements.

Worked for Texas State Technical College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Texas State Technical College reviews and ratings. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Texas State Technical College employees.