Text 100

Updated Jan 19, 2014

Aedhmar Hynes

Love working at Text100

I have been working at Text 100

Prosamazing benefits and vacation allotment, company culture, quality of clientele and overall work environment

Consit can be really challenging and high-pressure at first but I really have no real negatives about working at Text100. I've enjoyed every moment of it and the clientele is so diverse that I'm never bored with my work.

Amazing 1st Company

Account Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Text 100 full-time for more than a year

ProsEngaged, excited coworkers; excellent benefits; great selection of tech and consumer clients; extremely encouraging of work/life balance

ConsSometimes tricky to move from account to account, but persistence with managers makes it a little easier.

Great people, fun challenges

Account Manager (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Text 100 full-time for more than 5 years

ProsVista and insights over the market
the size
the global opportunities
the work perks
nice office location
great people
challenges

ConsThe size
the position on the market

Amazing benefits, amazing people, great clients, lotta work

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Text 100

ProsSeriously amazing benefits. Five weeks PTO outside of vacation, sick days and summer Fridays.
Amazing clients spanning top tech and top consumer brands
Culture is perfect
People are great, passionate and smart
Couldn't imagine leaving Text 100 for another agency

ConsRapidly expanding and sometimes that equals more red tape; losing a little bit of the "boutique" agency feel

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the boutique agency feel even with rapid expansion. Keep the open door policy. Keep doing what you're doing.

Great benefits and vacation; people management and account management could be improved.

Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at Text 100

ProsGreat benefits (medical, dental, vision), 5 weeks vacation, some of the people are great

Cons50% of the upper management seems to do half the work. Many of them stay for a long time and get lazy.

a good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Text 100

Prosfantastic work environment, great benefits. it's a dynamic fun place to work- mutual respect all around. a bit process heavy but you do learn to appreciate that when you go somewhere else and it's lacking. they work very hard at transparency and communication and do a pretty good job. a tight knit group, they still somehow manage to maintain a dot.com vibe- video games in the office, free snacks, refrigerator stocked with food and drinks, company offsites. client work is rough- working for some of the larger tech clients is not easy but that's any pr agency you go to.

Consbig clients, sometimes too much bureacracy

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Wonderful company for candidate seeking agency experience.

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

I worked at Text 100

ProsText 100 employs amazing people that are more interested in the greater good of the business and each other, than for personal gain. Managers seek out opportunities to enable junior-level employee growth and provide support with career advice and strengthening important job skills. Text 100 also provides great benefits, with a ton of vacation time and really encourages employees to keep the balance between career and personal life. Compensation is competitive for the agency world and Text 100 keeps employees well fed with free snacks, sodas and more candy than you'll ever need. I'd recommend this company to anyone looking for a great place to work.

ConsOne of the realities of the agency world is working on multiple accounts. While this can be a good thing, providing a lot of variety for your day-to-day workload, it can also be frustrating to tackle the many demands of multiple clients at once. It would be ideal to work on two accounts or three at the most, however sometimes it can turn into four or five. It's very easy to get burnt out when struggling to meet all of those deadlines and keep clients happy. I think senior management should keep this in mind when considering capacity. However, I don't think that this is a Text 100 specific issue so much as a general agency one.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne of the things I enjoyed most about this company is the genuine team spirit I felt working on various account teams. No one was too important to pitch in on even the most basic tasks that needed to be done as everyone believed in doing what it took to get the job done. While it can be easy to get caught up in titles and hierarchy, the lack of this is what truly differentiates Text 100 from other agencies. I would encourage Text 100 to keep this going in its offices as I've heard it's not always the case in some of the larger locations.

Great company to work for those looking for advancement opportunities with work/life balance.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

I worked at Text 100

ProsOutstanding benefits, high focus on work/life balance, positive atmosphere, quality management. Heavy focus on individual development and growth, utilizes existing talent for new projects. Well known & award winning in industry, leader in technology communications. Flexible work environment.

ConsPay scale may not be as competitive as in other companies - tends to rely extensively on benefits to lure prospective employees. Nature of business is high pressure and highly competitive.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Textastic

Account Executive (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Text 100

ProsText 100 represents a solid PR agency, handling big-name clients with exposure across the tech industry. It has a work-hard, play hard mentality with strong management. Pay is reasonable, benefits standard, and on the whole employee feedback is listened to.

ConsAs Text continues to grow and work alongside corporate giants it has lost its 'small agency' feel. Like many agencies, Text suffers from high-turnover across the board. The office pool table is largely unused and I have heard of manager's complaining about its use. Employees prefer to take their breaks sitting at their desks, surfing the net rather than being seen as "not working".

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

one of the best places to work for!

I have been working at Text 100 full-time for more than a year

ProsAmazing work culture, work life balance

Conscouldnt think of any cons!!

Worked for Text 100? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Text 100 reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Text 100 CEO Aedhmar Hynes. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by Text 100 employees.