Text 100 Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014
Updated August 28, 2014
4.4

Aedhmar Hynes

Agency that gets the digital and social world of communications

I have been working at Text 100 full-time

Pros

In general - the skillset of the people that work here around the globe. Having the ability to move forward and stay ahead of our clients in their needs as they look to tackle new challenges in the communications world. Also, the benefits are second to none - vacation, health and 401K match trump other agencies.

Cons

Working with different markets. There can be more synergy between offices.

Stay focused on integrating digital and creative elements in each office. Also, work to bring each office together more frequently.

Great company that needs a serious reality check.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Text 100 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity to work with large clients. Smart people. Amazing vacation allotment and benefits. Opportunities for growth. Management appreciates hard working employees.

Cons

Flawed review process. Cliquishness breeds favoritism and distrust among "outliers." Fake, smarmy people.

You're losing good people because you allow the highly visible and apparent exclusion to continue among your employees. There's a serious morale problem ripping through the office. You can cut the tension with a knife in most meetings. "Fun" activities are often awkward because no one really likes each other. The ones who do look like they are faking it.

Text 100 Response

Aug 7, 2014North America - HR

At Text100, we appreciate any and all feedback with the goal to acknowledge what we’re doing really well, and identify ways to make aspects of our business and culture even better. Should you be ... More

One-of-a-kind

I have been working at Text 100 full-time for more than a year

Pros

great work/life balance, flexible work environment, great group collaboration, cool clients, smart people

Cons

slightly outdated office space and less than desirable equipment to work with.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Love working at Text100

I have been working at Text 100

Pros

amazing benefits and vacation allotment, company culture, quality of clientele and overall work environment

Cons

it can be really challenging and high-pressure at first but I really have no real negatives about working at Text100. I've enjoyed every moment of it and the clientele is so diverse that I'm never bored with my work.

Amazing 1st Company

Current Employee - Account Coordinator  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at Text 100 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Engaged, excited coworkers; excellent benefits; great selection of tech and consumer clients; extremely encouraging of work/life balance

Cons

Sometimes tricky to move from account to account, but persistence with managers makes it a little easier.

Great people, fun challenges

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Text 100 full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Vista and insights over the market
    the size
    the global opportunities
    the work perks
    nice office location
    great people
    challenges

Cons

The size
    the position on the market

Amazing benefits, amazing people, great clients, lotta work

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Text 100

Pros

Seriously amazing benefits. Five weeks PTO outside of vacation, sick days and summer Fridays.
    Amazing clients spanning top tech and top consumer brands
    Culture is perfect
    People are great, passionate and smart
    Couldn't imagine leaving Text 100 for another agency

Cons

Rapidly expanding and sometimes that equals more red tape; losing a little bit of the "boutique" agency feel

Keep the boutique agency feel even with rapid expansion. Keep the open door policy. Keep doing what you're doing.

Great benefits and vacation; people management and account management could be improved.

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Text 100

Pros

Great benefits (medical, dental, vision), 5 weeks vacation, some of the people are great

Cons

50% of the upper management seems to do half the work. Many of them stay for a long time and get lazy.

a good place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Text 100

Pros

fantastic work environment, great benefits. it's a dynamic fun place to work- mutual respect all around. a bit process heavy but you do learn to appreciate that when you go somewhere else and it's lacking. they work very hard at transparency and communication and do a pretty good job. a tight knit group, they still somehow manage to maintain a dot.com vibe- video games in the office, free snacks, refrigerator stocked with food and drinks, company offsites. client work is rough- working for some of the larger tech clients is not easy but that's any pr agency you go to.

Cons

big clients, sometimes too much bureacracy

none

Wonderful company for candidate seeking agency experience.

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at Text 100

Pros

Text 100 employs amazing people that are more interested in the greater good of the business and each other, than for personal gain. Managers seek out opportunities to enable junior-level employee growth and provide support with career advice and strengthening important job skills. Text 100 also provides great benefits, with a ton of vacation time and really encourages employees to keep the balance between career and personal life. Compensation is competitive for the agency world and Text 100 keeps employees well fed with free snacks, sodas and more candy than you'll ever need. I'd recommend this company to anyone looking for a great place to work.

Cons

One of the realities of the agency world is working on multiple accounts. While this can be a good thing, providing a lot of variety for your day-to-day workload, it can also be frustrating to tackle the many demands of multiple clients at once. It would be ideal to work on two accounts or three at the most, however sometimes it can turn into four or five. It's very easy to get burnt out when struggling to meet all of those deadlines and keep clients happy. I think senior management should keep this in mind when considering capacity. However, I don't think that this is a Text 100 specific issue so much as a general agency one.

One of the things I enjoyed most about this company is the genuine team spirit I felt working on various account teams. No one was too important to pitch in on even the most basic tasks that needed to be done as everyone believed in doing what it took to get the job done. While it can be easy to get caught up in titles and hierarchy, the lack of this is what truly differentiates Text 100 from other agencies. I would encourage Text 100 to keep this going in its offices as I've heard it's not always the case in some of the larger locations.

Text 100 Photos

Weekly office staff meeting
Annual Summer Outing
Lunch & Learn

+ Add Photo

Worked for Text 100? Contribute to the Community!