Textbroker International Reviews

Textbroker International CEO Phillip Thune
Phillip Thune

1. Pretty good way to make a few extra bucks

I have been working at Textbroker International

Pros

Can be done at any time with varying degrees of difficulty.

Cons

Sometimes reliability of jobs is a problem. Rating system is arbitrary. If the client enjoyed the work, why should you be rated lower? If ratings were purely aesthetic it wouldn't be an issue, but they directly affect availability of jobs and the pay rate of them.

2. Good company

I have been working at Textbroker International full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunities to take on a variety of responsibilities, good environment

Cons

Pay isn't great and limited opportunity to increase your salary

Advice to Management

Nothing to add here at this time

3. ok

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Turlock, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Turlock, CA

I worked at Textbroker International

Pros

just doing this so i can read about an interview different interview process I am interestedin.

Cons

Again read my above answer! This is lame.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for management at this time at all

5. Textbroker 5* writer

Current Employee - Writer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Writer in New York, NY

I have been working at Textbroker International

Pros

Flexible, well paid work with a variety of topics. Managers usually make sure that article descriptions are helpful and comprehensive.

Cons

Work can be inconsistent and salaries are only competitive once you achieve a 5* rating, which can take some time.

Advice to Management

Standardizing assignment release times would be really helpful, as getting work can be very hit or miss. Advertising top writers to clients would also be a bonus.

6. Has a lot of plusses for freelancers

Current Employee - Freelance Writer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Freelance Writer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Textbroker International

Pros

The editors are extremely helpful and fair. They are always willing to listen and give advice so you can improve. The staff is always looking for better opportunities for us to make more money by actively pursuing managed teams. You can get direct orders which pay a lot more than the standard rate. The work is varied and the clients are mostly professional and appreciative, with a few exceptions. The more experienced writers are helpful on the forums.

Cons

The pay is the worst con. It's a great place for beginners to cut their teeth, but you can't really make a living there unless you get a lot of well-paying direct orders or are on the better paying teams and can write quickly. It's easy to burn out pushing yourself to write as much as possible to make decent money. The managed teams sometimes have insanely complex instructions and requirements that slow you down so the pay isn't really as good as it looks. Once you get used to them, though, you can make decent money. COMMAS!!! Staff reviews your work and if they find even one comma error, you can be held back from advancing to the next level of pay. They don't use normal AP style comma rules, either; they have their own rules. If you can learn those rules and avoid the comma police, you can do pretty well there.

Advice to Management

Raise the pay for 4-star writers and casting call teams. Try to find clients that pay well for 4-star teams without all the insane instructions. Give up the nitpicky comma rules that are keeping good writers at lower levels, where they eventually stop working at all. Try to find more clients for level 2 and 3 writers so they can move up more quickly. I feel like at least 50% of those who come in at levels 2 and 3 give up because of there never being any work available for them to move up. Get rid of the rule for 300 words for the review to count towards leveling up, because most of what is available at the lower levels also have fewer words.

7. Good for entry level

I worked at Textbroker International

Pros

Fellow employees and experience

Cons

Low pay and limited room for advancement

8. Legitimate work at home writing jobs

Current Employee - Freelance Writer in Beacon, NY
    Current Employee - Freelance Writer in Beacon, NY

I have been working at Textbroker International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy application/hiring process No fee to apply or be hired Relatively consistent work is available Review of work for ratings increase = salary increase

Cons

low wages, instructions can be vague, did I mention low wages? There are really no other downsides to my position with this company

9. When you write for Textbroker International, you're writing for peanuts.

Current Employee - Writer At Textbroker
    Current Employee - Writer At Textbroker

I have been working at Textbroker International

Pros

As a writer, you get paid within a week or so. Very convenient, and it's deposited right into your PayPal account. You can work as much or as little as you choose.

Cons

As a Textbroker writer, you're writing for pennies. I found a different job at a site that pays six cents a word and thought I'd hit the jackpot! Now I'm finding gigs that pay even more. This is an OK place to get started, but I would advise all would-be writers to use it only as a springboard. Don't get stuck in a rut at this low-paying place.

Advice to Management

I wish you would raise your rates. By paying writers a dirt-level wage, you give the world the idea that writers can and should whip out stuff almost for free. It doesn't work like that. People who are willing to put in the time deserve a living wage.

10. This is an awesome company if you can write fast and well.

Current Employee - Writer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Writer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Textbroker International

Pros

You can work however little or much you want.

Cons

You have to start at the bottom.

Advice to Management

Management is awesome.

Pauper's Wages!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Textbroker International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Talented and smart individuals. Good training.

Cons

The company doesn't know how to grow a business. They do not pay their employees a living wage. Offices are smelly.

RSS Feed </> Embed