Textron

Be The First To
Add Photos

Textron Chairman, President and CEO Scott C. Donnelly

Scott C. Donnelly

Pros
  • The pay is decent, and the work-life balance is very good(in 3 reviews)

• Good career growth if willing to move between companies, which could require relocation(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The business units seem preoccupied with narrow markets(in 3 reviews)

• Textron is a very process oriented and slow moving company(in 3 reviews)

Awesome Experience

Accounting Intern (Current Employee) Providence, RI

ProsThe company is one of the best I've worked for. A multi-billion dollar company where you see the CEO around the office is unheard of. The people here are great too.

ConsAs an intern they are a little more easy going. I am not sure how it is for "actual" employees.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Textron

Operations Leader (Former Employee) Lavonia, GA

ProsThis is a great company to work for. Lots of opportunity and world wide organization. I would recommend this company.

ConsThis is a great company to work for. Lots of opportunity and world wide organization. I would recommend this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a great company to work for. Lots of opportunity and world wide organization. I would recommend this company.

Fairly positive company in benefits and philosophy, but in reality they fail to value the individual employees.

Supply Chain (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsThe company culture is positive and includes benefits, and a focus on returning to the community via service projects. Many promotions are from within, but when it is time for budgetary reductions, the individual employees move to the top of the list of expendable items.

ConsThe personality of the CIO was a key factor in issues like the flexibility to work from home. It was unfortunate that in an area that has a goal of improving electronic communication and processes, the folks at the top expect to see "a butt in the chair" as a way of determining a productive employee.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok, not great, Old Boy Network Management Style

Engineer (Current Employee) Providence, RI

ProsHuge, multi billion dollar company, advancement opportunities, nice location in RI and exciting and challenging work.

ConsManagement runs the place blind. No concept of weeding out inefficient, and dare I say moronic employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop with the old boy network mentality and focus on retaining great employees. In the long run, the morons you seem to like and often promote will ruin this company. Stop focusing on the end game and start focusing on the process. CEO and management all need to calm down and really look at who is responsible for the past success of the company and who has the brains, loyalty and work ethic going forward for future success. And reward them!

Textron helped me expand my expand my accounting and managerial experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTextron adheres to good company values and ethics. The executives encourage leadership and personal growth for each individual employee.

ConsExpect little support when prioritizing projects and managing a team. The expectations executives have of management sometimes do not apply to them. The work gets so busy it take on a 'chaotic' tempo.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat others as you would want to be treated

Mixed review on Textron

Department Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe opportunity to work on really cool products. The size of Textron allows good mobility between business operating units.

ConsUnstable work environment, decisions are all centralized at the top giving lower level employees little opportunity to feel empowered and grow beyond their jobs. With reduced defense budgets, Textron may continue to suffer.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit micromanaging. You hire great people who will not stay if they are constantly under someone's thumb.There are hard working good people at Textron who are limited by the environment

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great

Engineering Intern (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFlexible work opportunities with big company

ConsMarket dependent and subject to government layoffs

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

A very satisfying company to work for.

Manufacturing Tech II (Former Employee) Columbus, GA

ProsI worked for Cessna Columbus for almost 14 years. I seen lots of changes throughout my years there. (Some good,Some not so good) Overall, I felt that the company made constant improvements to compete in the aerospace industry. We were payed well and the benefits were good. Management had its directives in place. Our plant closed in 2012 and moved to Mexico. Even though, I lost my job, I don't harbor any hard feelings toward the company. They gave me 14 good years. Now that I am employed with another company, The programs Cessna had in place, Far exceeds what I'm use to working with now. If, Cessna called me tomorrow and asked me to come back to work. I would be the first one at the door.

ConsBenefits changed throughout the years, Going from great to good.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you ever come across a former employee's resume from this plant, Hire them.

Good opportunies

Manager (Current Employee) Providence, RI

ProsI have been able to learn a lot. Compensation and benefits are competitive. There are opportunities for advancement.

ConsCompany culture has changed quite a bit, not necessarily for the better.

Advice to Senior Management.

Not the worst and not the best

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Slidell, LA

ProsGood Coworkers - The product is great

Consoutdated tech - rule by fear

Advice to Senior Managementthe boss should not date each other

Worked for Textron? Contribute to the Community!