Textron Reviews

109 reviews filtered by

1. Good opportunies

Current Employee - Manager in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Manager in Providence, RI

I have been working at Textron full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have been able to learn a lot. Compensation and benefits are competitive. There are opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Company culture has changed quite a bit, not necessarily for the better.

2. Not the worst and not the best

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Slidell, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Slidell, LA

I worked at Textron full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good Coworkers - The product is great

Cons

outdated tech - rule by fear

the boss should not date each other

Good but could be great

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Textron full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Textron I worked at was a "little big company". By that I mean we were fairly small group in a much larger corporation. This was great because I was able to work on a variety of projects to keep me busy and interested.

Cons

Corporate America is squashing the life out of creativity and innovation and Textron is not immune to this. I offered up many ideas and project proposals, but was told explicitly: "If there is not already an order or potential order in place, the project will not be funded". This type of thinking is exactly why companies are going out of business these days. You need to invest in the future. To become a leader you must innovate, not just build to specifications set forth by others.

Work on keeping your employees. If there are not projects on the horizon, do not hire 50 new employees only to lay them off in a year or so. Use contract labor to fill the gaps. Invest in your long term future.

5. This opportunity with Textron been satisfying despite the current challenges facing the aerospace and defense industry.

I have been working at Textron

Pros

Direct management has offered many opportunities to take on challenges in an attempt to broaden general business acumen and to network within the company. Executive leadership is doing a great job of upgrading out dated facilities and systems in order to align with future needs of the business.

Cons

Employees have been faced with many changes - required to continue competing in the industry - including reduced work forces and resources, changes to health care plans, and retirement plans. These type of changes are synonymous across the aerospace and defense industry.

6. Good company

I have been working at Textron part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good company with friendly people. The administrative assistants are some of the best I've ever worked with. The project we're working on is complex and has many moving parts (literally and figuratively). Everyone is committed to producing top-quality results. Very understanding of life responsibilities. Paid holiday and sick time.

Cons

Some of the employees having a problem with wanting to revisit something they think they already completed. Sometimes very resistant to take ownership of a mistake.

7. No longer has interest of employee's in mind

Current Employee - Senior Information Specialist in Victorville, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Information Specialist in Victorville, CA

I have been working at Textron full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Reasonable pay and good medical benefits.

Cons

Company has taken away all incentives to continue to work for them. Over a 4 year period they have only given pay increases of less than 3%, and decreased benefits and perks. More than 4 class action suits have been filed and awarded to employees over past two years for dishonest practices. When penalized by state for not paying overtime, then responded by canceling all bonuses.

Stop being greedy and remember what made your company strong, which was the moral of your employees.

8. Solid Company

Former Employee - Business Analyst in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Textron full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Textron has areas that are incredible - it's all about the people you work with.

Cons

Textron has some areas that are less than incredible, again, all about the people you work with.

Need some work

9. Good & Bad

Former Employee - Marketing in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Marketing in Providence, RI

I worked at Textron full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Large company with a lot of strong brands that are fun and challenging to work for. They will move you and give you the opportunity to grow.

Cons

It is very corporate and so there are senior officials that will step all over people to make their next step. Very little care given to people being misstreated.

Take a closer look at the executives. You are losing top talent becuase they are blinded by their own aspirations.

10. opportunities for growth

Former Intern - Contracts in Wilmington, MA
    Former Intern - Contracts in Wilmington, MA

I worked at Textron as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

plenty of room for younger professionals since most employees have been working there for over 20-30 years

Cons

the building and office space could be renovated. looks a tad old

advertise your internship positions more so that students can know what you do.

11. Do Not Assume

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Textron full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Close to my home, no long drive fighting traffic and no long hours. This is a very quiet place to work.

Cons

You never know were you stand with your direct supervisor, as management does not allow for open door policy. Now I know why everyone is so quiet, if you ask a question you may or may not get an answer,

Do Not Assume