Thales

Thales Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Thales Chairman and CEO Jean-Bernard Lévy

Jean-Bernard Lévy

Pros
  • Work life balance, Flexi-time, Friendly colleagues(in 9 reviews)

• Training and support, good benefits package, fast-paced dependent on department(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • bonus seeking senior management(in 6 reviews)

• poor communication throughout the cross-functional team, senior management(in 3 reviews)

ok

Prosstable, chance to learn new tecnology

Conshave to work on weekends alot

Very good company w great benefits

Vice President, Business Development (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsLaid back atmosphere, flexibility, great travel

ConsGot very political & cut throat over time

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate & do not play favorites

OK place to work, not exciting

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsBenefits are quality and reasonably priced

ConsPoor management communication to junior staff

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your staff informed and help trust

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent Company

ProsGreat Benefits - Health, Life 401k, Retirement
    great hours, great location, wonderful people

ConsThere are some lack of communication between the business units/companies. Management has changed and it seems for the better!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to the employees and consider their ideas. Compare current salaries with others in the industry and update Thales. Focus on retaining current employees.

Geting Better

Worker (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsRecent management changes have made a huge differences, a good spirit, good people

ConsI can't really think of anything negative. There used to be poor performers around but the company has dealt with those people recently.

Advice to Senior ManagementHopefully management will keep making positive changes

Great innovative culture

ProsVery dynamic engineering, with emphasis on innovation and systemic project management.

ConsNot much on these, maybe the same dynamic aspect can drive sometime to un-managed change.

Great Benefits, Very Challenging Place

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsThe company allowed me to achieve growth and a better willingness to learn! I was able to advance from working within groups.

ConsIt was under a 2 year (only) temporary contract. It gave little growth for promotion within the company. I would have loved to get hired in.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep giving young adults the opportunity to work for a great company. Maybe more promotional moves will be highly appreciated!

Good benefits, Great place to work!

Engineer (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsGood hardworking dedicated people, great benefits, advancement opportunities

ConsSometimes, it gets too political among other departments.

Your Mileage May Vary (Mine Was Excellent)

Legal Department (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsInteresting/sophisticated work; empowered to make important decisions; international travel (Paris); good work/life balance; market compensation; pleasant colleagues (some awesome, none awful); good immediate boss.

ConsCurrently a transitional environment because of organizational changes at Group and US HQs (impacts morale and job security); ocasional cultural gaps between French and US management (never a problem for me).

Advice to Senior ManagementWeather the economic storm and increase focus on morale; improve internal communication.

A place of FEAR and NO ETHICS

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

Pros4 weeks PTO because you definitely need it. The people that management so calls "at the bottom" or "lower level" are the best and hardest working people.

ConsSadly the mentality and culture at Thales Irvine is to drive fear into the employees so they will work hard and keep quiet. People are worked to death, Management is poor, and your Integrity is worth nothing. They make you take a bunch of Ethics courses but they are NOT Ethical AT ALL. They sweep all problems under the rug as long as they can avoid legalities on their side but could care LESS for the damages done to the employees. If you complain, they will make your life miserable.

Advice to Senior ManagementWORST Ethics I had ever seen. The company can only progress when the negative mentality and culture changes.

Worked for Thales? Contribute to the Community!