That's Nice LLC

Nigel Walker

Diverse, well balanced staffing for New York science agency

Current Employee - Senior Designer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Designer in New York, NY

Pros

Meeting people from around the world in one New York location. Deep resources with continual investment from the companies owners. Balance of male and female staff with backgrounds in a range of creative and business skills. The company has treated me with respect and empowerment.

Cons

My last position offered more out of office training and this training is now performed in the office. Texting, private emails and private phone calls have been stopped in 2012.

More meetings during the week so we can better understand the Account Managers needs.

The Truth of That's Nice

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

Pros

Excellent educational environment. Truly fostered my personal and professional growth. Ability to learn and work hands on with the owner of the company, partners and sales director. Learned the entire sales process thoroughly. Made many valuable industry contacts. A highly reputable science based agency servicing primarily Pharma and Biotech client base. The work is highly intellectual, challenging and engaging.

Cons

Select staff members: Negative, petty, self-important, 'big fish in a small pond'. You are to blame for your lack of success, not the company. Stop blaming management for the fact that you lack talent, drive, determination and education. Stop blaming management for the fact that you have no work either. Everyone that brings something to the table benefits; those who don't apparently can't make it and sit around posting nonsense on the internet in their free time since the obviously cannot find other employment. Stop using words like 'myopic'. Pseudo-intellectual with weak artistic abilities. It was amazing that you'd ever gotten hired in the first place. Lucky for you their was such an influx of creative work on the table that you were able to stay under the radar for a few months.

Thank you for the opportunities that lead to my recent acquisition at the premier health advertising network in the US. I miss the team, and I wish everyone the best!
    Advice to my former peers: Just because you were not able to handle the environment, the pressure of being in a creative agency or your own ego matched with limited capabilities, don't go using the internet as a public forum to have a pity party for yourself and give a bad name to someone who fed you. Its childish and sad. Grow up.

A balanced perspective based on 17 years at That's Nice

Current Employee - Director  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

Pros

That's Nice has achieved growth and established its position as a leading marketing agency in science industries through delivery of excellent strategy and creative. Blue chip clients wouldn't hire the company like they do otherwise. That's Nice offers its senior staff more creative freedom than many bigger agencies and good opportunities for talented, committed people. This is evidenced by the senior staff tenure being 5-17 years.

Cons

Being technically still a small business, there is a need for staff who want to succeed to give their all to meet heavy demands that filter from clients. Standards are high, and the success of longer-standing staff does tend to highlight the weaknesses of those who don't cut it or commit themselves nearly as much. Unfortunately, this website can become a forum for disgruntled former employees who haven't made it. There is continually a need for better structure and process, but the company does try to further this.

Work on continual improvements in process and structure that are demanded by clients, and help staff to meet their expectations – especially account management. Focus on hiring people with a high level of commitment as much as talent, as it's over-achievers that succeed in the company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Professional relationship builder

Former Employee - Freelance-Photoshop  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Freelance-Photoshop in New York, NY

Pros

For the 15+ years that I have worked for That's Nice, they had dealt with me with the utmost courtesy and professionalism. In whatever manner some people might find them to be demanding or tough, is solely a reflection of their commitment to trying to wring out the best results for the clients.

Cons

They use to pay for all the lunches for employees at the office on Thursday. I missed that.

Just continually serve your clients to the best of your ability and if that means you have to leave certain people behind.....so be it.

Inspired

Former Employee - Illustrator  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Illustrator in New York, NY

Pros

I was very lucky to be asked to return to That's Nice for a second time this year and am very grateful for the opportunity. I felt very welcomed and very well supported by all members of staff, I was in a great work environment which enabled me to grow both personally and professionally. I found the multi-cultural environment very inspiring and it was great to work as part of a team. I was able to gain knowledge into both the creative and business sides of the company. It was great to know that the owner of the company has a part to play in every piece of work the company produces and genuinely cares about his staff.

Cons

Going into environment on day one I felt slightly intimidated, however this was nothing personal- certain members of staff were just very busy and by day two this feeling had disappeared.

Thank you for such an amazing opportunity. In the month I spent at That's Nice my overall experience was entirely positive and I don't feel that there is anything management need to do to change.

That's Anonymous

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Unlike other positions I have held, If you show a skill outside what you where hired for there is room to grow.

Cons

If you are not a driven individual you will not succeed in this organization. Since part of the jobs revolves around events your schedule needs to be flexible.

I think the training of staff and sharing of information could be improved.

That's NIce

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

Pros

Great staffs!! People are really nice to work with, less work politics, more team collaboration. Advancement is available for those who works hard and willing to go beyond their job description.

Cons

Lack of culture within the organization
    Fast deadline
    Will not succeed if you not proactive and self starter

Voice from the staffs should be heard
    Need to show more appreciation for staff's hard work
    Less micromanagement, trust your team for their skills

Self starters will succeed here

Current Employee - Director  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

Pros

If you have a flexible idea of what your job is/should be, That's Nice can be a great place to work and watch your skills grow. If you're looking for a routine job where you can function on auto-pilot, you will have a hard time here. My favorite part about working at That's Nice is that there is little red tape. Approaching management with new ideas is easy because the owners are receptive to the concept that good ideas can come from any level of the company. Keep putting forth new ideas and nurturing them to fruition and you WILL see your paycheck and responsibilities grow.

Cons

As with any small business, there is limited staff which can lead to some long hours. In the past year, some negative attitudes have cast a black cloud over the office. There have been clear and obvious efforts to reduce the impact this has on existing staff.

When looking for new hires, try to identify how well they will fit in with the way we do things NOW (yeah, there isn't always a great process, but we always come out exceeding expectations) and have the flexibility to adapt to a more process driven future.

Horrible environment to work in

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

-casual attire
    -mostly nice people

Cons

-very low pay
    -no management system- some people are micro managed
    -owners are not professional
    -no company culture
    -bad environment

give power to other people. give your people some rights and respect.

Worked for That's Nice LLC? Contribute to the Community!