That's Nice LLC

Nigel Walker

Professional relationship builder

Freelance-Photoshop (Former Employee)

I worked at That's Nice LLC as a contractor for more than 10 years

ProsFor the 15+ years that I have worked for That's Nice, they had dealt with me with the utmost courtesy and professionalism. In whatever manner some people might find them to be demanding or tough, is solely a reflection of their commitment to trying to wring out the best results for the clients.

ConsThey use to pay for all the lunches for employees at the office on Thursday. I missed that.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust continually serve your clients to the best of your ability and if that means you have to leave certain people behind.....so be it.

Inspired

Illustrator (Former Employee)

I worked at That's Nice LLC as an intern

ProsI was very lucky to be asked to return to That's Nice for a second time this year and am very grateful for the opportunity. I felt very welcomed and very well supported by all members of staff, I was in a great work environment which enabled me to grow both personally and professionally. I found the multi-cultural environment very inspiring and it was great to work as part of a team. I was able to gain knowledge into both the creative and business sides of the company. It was great to know that the owner of the company has a part to play in every piece of work the company produces and genuinely cares about his staff.

ConsGoing into environment on day one I felt slightly intimidated, however this was nothing personal- certain members of staff were just very busy and by day two this feeling had disappeared.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for such an amazing opportunity. In the month I spent at That's Nice my overall experience was entirely positive and I don't feel that there is anything management need to do to change.

That's NIce

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at That's Nice LLC full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat staffs!! People are really nice to work with, less work politics, more team collaboration. Advancement is available for those who works hard and willing to go beyond their job description.

ConsLack of culture within the organization
Fast deadline
Will not succeed if you not proactive and self starter

Advice to Senior ManagementVoice from the staffs should be heard
Need to show more appreciation for staff's hard work
Less micromanagement, trust your team for their skills

Self starters will succeed here

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at That's Nice LLC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIf you have a flexible idea of what your job is/should be, That's Nice can be a great place to work and watch your skills grow. If you're looking for a routine job where you can function on auto-pilot, you will have a hard time here. My favorite part about working at That's Nice is that there is little red tape. Approaching management with new ideas is easy because the owners are receptive to the concept that good ideas can come from any level of the company. Keep putting forth new ideas and nurturing them to fruition and you WILL see your paycheck and responsibilities grow.

ConsAs with any small business, there is limited staff which can lead to some long hours. In the past year, some negative attitudes have cast a black cloud over the office. There have been clear and obvious efforts to reduce the impact this has on existing staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen looking for new hires, try to identify how well they will fit in with the way we do things NOW (yeah, there isn't always a great process, but we always come out exceeding expectations) and have the flexibility to adapt to a more process driven future.

Diverse, well balanced staffing for New York science agency

Senior Designer (Current Employee)

I have been working at That's Nice LLC full-time for more than 10 years

ProsMeeting people from around the world in one New York location. Deep resources with continual investment from the companies owners. Balance of male and female staff with backgrounds in a range of creative and business skills. The company has treated me with respect and empowerment.

ConsMy last position offered more out of office training and this training is now performed in the office. Texting, private emails and private phone calls have been stopped in 2012.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore meetings during the week so we can better understand the Account Managers needs.

The Truth of That's Nice

Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at That's Nice LLC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExcellent educational environment. Truly fostered my personal and professional growth. Ability to learn and work hands on with the owner of the company, partners and sales director. Learned the entire sales process thoroughly. Made many valuable industry contacts. A highly reputable science based agency servicing primarily Pharma and Biotech client base. The work is highly intellectual, challenging and engaging.

ConsSelect staff members: Negative, petty, self-important, 'big fish in a small pond'. You are to blame for your lack of success, not the company. Stop blaming management for the fact that you lack talent, drive, determination and education. Stop blaming management for the fact that you have no work either. Everyone that brings something to the table benefits; those who don't apparently can't make it and sit around posting nonsense on the internet in their free time since the obviously cannot find other employment. Stop using words like 'myopic'. Pseudo-intellectual with weak artistic abilities. It was amazing that you'd ever gotten hired in the first place. Lucky for you their was such an influx of creative work on the table that you were able to stay under the radar for a few months.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for the opportunities that lead to my recent acquisition at the premier health advertising network in the US. I miss the team, and I wish everyone the best!
Advice to my former peers: Just because you were not able to handle the environment, the pressure of being in a creative agency or your own ego matched with limited capabilities, don't go using the internet as a public forum to have a pity party for yourself and give a bad name to someone who fed you. Its childish and sad. Grow up.

A balanced perspective based on 17 years at That's Nice

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at That's Nice LLC full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThat's Nice has achieved growth and established its position as a leading marketing agency in science industries through delivery of excellent strategy and creative. Blue chip clients wouldn't hire the company like they do otherwise. That's Nice offers its senior staff more creative freedom than many bigger agencies and good opportunities for talented, committed people. This is evidenced by the senior staff tenure being 5-17 years.

ConsBeing technically still a small business, there is a need for staff who want to succeed to give their all to meet heavy demands that filter from clients. Standards are high, and the success of longer-standing staff does tend to highlight the weaknesses of those who don't cut it or commit themselves nearly as much. Unfortunately, this website can become a forum for disgruntled former employees who haven't made it. There is continually a need for better structure and process, but the company does try to further this.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on continual improvements in process and structure that are demanded by clients, and help staff to meet their expectations – especially account management. Focus on hiring people with a high level of commitment as much as talent, as it's over-achievers that succeed in the company.

That's Anonymous

I have been working at That's Nice LLC full-time for more than 5 years

ProsUnlike other positions I have held, If you show a skill outside what you where hired for there is room to grow.

ConsIf you are not a driven individual you will not succeed in this organization. Since part of the jobs revolves around events your schedule needs to be flexible.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the training of staff and sharing of information could be improved.

Horrible environment to work in

I have been working at That's Nice LLC full-time

Pros-casual attire
-mostly nice people

Cons-very low pay
-no management system- some people are micro managed
-owners are not professional
-no company culture
-bad environment

Advice to Senior Managementgive power to other people. give your people some rights and respect.

Creative environment, great employees, sold on the dream.

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at That's Nice LLC

ProsFun environment
Interesting staff
Get it done atmosphere

ConsHard to make any real money
No bonuses
Owners expects a lot for very little
Rules change

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your people who have good interpersonal skills manage

Worked for That's Nice LLC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at That's Nice LLC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for That's Nice LLC CEO Nigel Walker. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by That's Nice LLC employees.