The ACI Group

CEO

Nice experience with ACI

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at The ACI Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

ACI has done a great job finding me a position. My recruiter was professional and worked to place me in a good position that I really like. As a consultant, I receive benefits, which is great. The staff has been very nice and is always responsive.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of at this time. I've encountered no issues with ACI.

From what I can tell, it seems that ACI treats people well and is a professional organization.

For the most part, great experience.

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Baltimore, MD

I worked at The ACI Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was promoted several times and had excellent mentors. Had the freedom to create new programs and structure for the recruiting department. I was quickly able to make a lot in commission and commission was paid monthly.

Cons

Other employees weren't happy which created bad energy. It seemed liked management didn't communicate or share the same goals.

Be more transparent and communicate better with the team.

Nice recruiters, no leadership

I worked at The ACI Group as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Good location and casual Fridays.

Cons

I was brought on as an intern and was given no leadership and tasks that have no positive relationship to my career. I feel as though I was robbed of a learning experience that every college intern deserves and now i am unprepared to find a job in the field. Only spoke briefly with ONE maanger in the entire 5 months of the internship.

Learn how to teach and lead and actually engage with your employees.

Not a Positive Experience

Current Employee - Recruiter in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at The ACI Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice Office, Nice location, Bagels on Fridays?

Cons

Poor Leadership
    No Training/Support
    High Turnover and No Job Security

Invest more in employees and you will get more back in return. Employees feel very disposable working at ACI.

Skin Deep

I worked at The ACI Group

Pros

The office and location are really nice

Cons

The account executives are incompetent... enjoy a free-for-all of job requirements with no formal recruitment training. The leadership is Micromanages by a CEO who spends all of his time in Florida. Stagnant clients, Stagnant Recruiting

the leaders need to learn how to lead. The Account executives need to learn how to take criticism

Great company to consult with.

Former Employee - IT Specialist in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - IT Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at The ACI Group as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I worked as a consultant for ACI group in Philadelphia. They found me a great opportunity and stayed in contact with me the entire time. They made sure to ask how I was doing, and how the contract was going.

They even offered me a benefits package for a 6 month contract.

I've worked with many different contractors, and the ACI Group is easily the best. Very professional. They are the only company I am referring my colleagues and friends to.

Cons

There is nothing that sticks out.

Keep doing what you're doing and your business will grow.

Great Learning Experience for Self-Starters | Not Long-Term Employer

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Baltimore, MD

I worked at The ACI Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great experience for those looking to break into the tech community and or gain experience in staffing IF your a self-starter and willing to get crafty with little direction from anyone. Pay and benefits are solid.

Cons

Leadership is extremely friendly but has failed to adapt to an ever changing Staffing landscape; you will receive very little direction from anyone.

Figure out how to change company dynamic to better position yourselves for success in the local IT staffing industry.

Wouldn't recommend working here

Former Employee - Recruiter in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Baltimore, MD

I worked at The ACI Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice office location, located near fells point so close to resetaurants and bars.

Cons

Extreme high turnover. Replace almost 100% of staff in 6 months time and hire new people to bring on. There are only about 3 people who have made it over a year. Very disorganized and boys club atmosphere. Unpleasant CEO. Management are not easy to work with and "shy". My advice would be to work for a larger company with more job security structure. I know many people who have been burned by working here. I sincerely think it's a mistake for people to take a job here, reach out to any former employees on LinkedIn and they will give you the same feedback.

I would invest more time in your employees. I would concentrate on what you do best whether that be sales or recruiting and not feel the need to put most senior recruiter in management role if they are not a good manager. I think The ACI Group are a decent group of people but they really don't know how to run a business properly or retain any employees. Best of luck.