The Acquisition Group Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.2
Farid Vaziri

Pros
  • Supportive and fun work environment (in 12 reviews)

• well thought out advancement structure within the company (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Pretty long hours, you don't get much time to spend with your family (in 21 reviews)

• Please be advise that there is no base salary (in 9 reviews)

1. My summer co-op

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Victoria, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Victoria, BC (Canada)

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Geting paid based on performance, great co-workers, awesome managers who motivate you everyday, team nights, advancement structure.

Cons

In the beginning, it was hard to combine personal life with work because how busy you are at work but then you get used to it and it all pays off.

Advice to Management

Take something good from each office and make it universal. P.S out of all offices I have worked at, Victoria office is the best- great team culture, inspiring managers(Saf and Armando) and fantastic co-workers.

2. Full of opportunity. Not for everyone.

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-You are your own boss. -Falcon Projects bring in the most money, if you're willing to stay away from home for an extended period of time -Respectable titles -Teaches you how to talk to people Overall, this company provides great training, and builds you a very thick skin for the job market. You'll be able to learn how to handle objections, and "no" in not just the workplace, but in real life situations as well. HR dept. is really kind, and the CEO is respectable and willing to lend an ear if you're ever struggling or need "more." The growth opportunities are great, as it only requires you to meet a certain product quota. Compared to other companies and jobs, this company offers growth that many employees would absolutely beg for.

Cons

-Low commission compared to other TELUS contractors -Lots of favoritism played within the office -Very High turnover rate Other than the turnover rate being high, there are a lot of fatal flaws in this company. First off, it's a door to door job. Don't expect this job to be sunshine and rainbows, if you're one to take everything personally; don't even bother applying. Second, There is a lot of favoritism played within the office, you could be a good performer in the office, and sometimes the company wont even bat an eye to help you build a team, or run an interview. Turf is also a product of favoritism, however, quite rarely. Sometimes they'd give top performers fresh turf, while leaving those struggling within the company to take the scraps of neighborhoods where they can't close. Sorta kills the whole purpose of "Top performer" Next is a myth that they sell to everyone who works in the office, that "you can sell to anyone" Now, while that is true in many ways, it's not something you can absolutely take literally. Marketing managers, and General Managers will always sell to their downlines that they can close anyone. Just watch them in action. Yes, they will close lots of people with their selling, and persuasive tactics, but to those whom they couldn't close, they just make up excuses saying that the customer was "irrational." Don't buy into that, and don't buy into the myth that those top performers are selling "Gods". Last but not least, it's commission based. If you're someone who needs something stable, this isn't for you. You will have "feast" and "famine" days, and that's just something you have to accept unless you step up your game, but even that won't guarantee you a "feast" every day. Overall, this job isn't for everyone. But if you can do this job, I can guarantee; you'll have a nice time if you overlook the cons

Advice to Management

-If you can't do salary, or any sort of wage, at least "up" the commission a bit. Honestly wouldn't hurt bumping it up an extra 5$ -Take your teams to seminars, and workshops with professionals outside of the company, give them powerful perspectives, and make them well seasoned, as well as motivated. -Give every Senior Marketing consultant some sort of chance to build their team. They weren't promoted for no reason.

TPV Agent, Small Business Solutions

Current Employee - TPV Agent, Small Business Solutions in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - TPV Agent, Small Business Solutions in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job is a great fit for what I've been interested in throughout my career. The office environment is great and everybody is so friendly. I enjoy the sincere appreciation I receive from not only my boss, but also the people I work with. What I love most about my job is the sense of family around our workplace.

Cons

I don't have any downsides of working at the acquisition group.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what your doing.

The Acquisition Group Calgary

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a blast to come to work each day and be immersed in a team environment fueled by support, competition, goals and fun! Working with The Acquisition Group is unparalleled to any professional opportunity I've experienced in the past. It's so refreshing to be challenged and encouraged on a daily basis by not only management but coworkers as well.

Cons

I cannot see any cons to working with this company...unless you don't enjoy working with people.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Great opportunity, Awesome advancement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abbotsford, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abbotsford, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company provides great support and training to freshers.Fun filled work environment. Some of the unique things to this company are - Promotion only on the basis of merit! Also the promotion are always internal!

Cons

The only con i can think of is that at the beginning the amount of information provided can be overwhelming, with practice and support it can be dealt with easily.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, keep expanding!!!

My time at TAG

Current Employee - Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at The Acquisition Group

Pros

I started at the Acquisition Group in January of 2014 in the Vancouver office. Having just graduated from University I had little practical job experience to bring to the table. During my interview my future manager said the most important things I needed to be successful at the job was determination and hard work, that experience would come later. With these words in mind I started as a junior marketing consultant in an entry level sales role. A year later I was in a management position helping to start a new office. The only way this was possible was the incredible learning opportunities and training that was afforded to me here at TAG and every day I’m grateful I get to work with such a wonderful talented group of people.

Cons

Sometimes, especially when I was first starting, there seemed to be a ton of new information to be processed all the time and that can seem a little overwhelming. There is always 2 or 3 people around ready to help you when you need it however and as you gain more experience you become better at processing all the information until you are the one helping new people out!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work as far as training and new opportunities go! As long as you keep offering room for advancement and challenging work along with invaluable experience and a great corporate culture we'll continue to succeed!

It's all about the Growth

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Kamloops, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Kamloops, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's all about growth here. Every day I come in I get to learn about a different aspect of this job. I've learned more things here than I did in 4 years of school because this is real life. The job trains me to be professional, to be able to dress up nicely and to do things that I enjoy doing every single day. Now, I wake up every single day can't wait to go in and start the day with my awesome family at work.

Cons

At the beginning I found it very hard. However I put my work through and now most of the job is a walk in the park.

Advice to Management

Come visit Kamloops a little bit more! More team nights!

Great place to learn and advance!!

Current Employee - Manager in Surrey, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Manager in Surrey, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group

Pros

Awesome training to freshers in Marketing, sales and client acquisitions. Great and fun work environment. Fast advancement to management. Performance based advancement.

Cons

Challenges for freshers in the beginning. But the training structure and support system provided in the team environment takes care of the newcomers. Put in your 100% in learning what is being taught.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!! Continue to expand!!

The Acquisition Group Burnaby

Current Employee - General Manager in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - General Manager in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment. Lots of opportunity for advancement. I started working with The Acquisition Group June 2010 and made my way up to management within the first year. I love the competition between the teams and the support from the upper management to making sure everyone is successful.

Cons

Takes little time to adjust to the hours.

Advice to Management

keep it up

The Acquisition Group Burnaby

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time

Pros

The company gives a lot of help for the individuals with potentials. I like the working environment, everybody helps each other while competing with each other. A great place if you want to have a career, all you need is hard working, the managers and peels will help you with the rest.

Cons

The hours are a little bit long, need some time to get used to.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, let's rock it this year!

RSS Feed </> Embed