The Acquisition Group

Updated January 16, 2015
Updated January 16, 2015
4.2

Farid Vaziri

Pros
  • It is a fun place to work, with an awesome work environment (in 12 reviews)

• well thought out advancement structure within the company (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Pretty long hours, you don't get much time to spend with your family (in 21 reviews)

• Please be advise that there is no base salary (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Human Resources Generalist - I love my career

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love coming to work every day. I work with driven positive charismatic enthusiastic people who love what they do and work hard to be successful at it. I've been given every opportunity to grow and advance my career, and I started in entry level direct to consumer sales, and have moved into a leadership level role within the company in a short time. I make a really good salary each year, and get bonuses on top of that based on my performance. I get to work out of multiple offices, create my own flexible hours as needed, and am always surrounded by a great support network.

I really couldn't ask for anything more. I've built more than just a job, I've got a career and a home away from home.

Cons

I don't have any. I genuinely enjoy my job.

Thank you for giving me an opportunity - for teaching me that hard work really does lead to success. I'm really happy here!

I love working at the call center

Current Employee - TPV (Third Party Verification) in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - TPV (Third Party Verification) in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group

Pros

I love working with The Acquisition Group, love the culture and atmosphere. I started with the company as an entry level sales, but I always have the passion for customer service and am so eager to work in call center, so I was transferred into the call center based on my performance and interest. I now work at the call center in TELUS building as a TPV! It is great experience and helps me a lot in building my communication and customer service skills. Really like the pay structure they set up. I not only get paid hourly but also commission on top of that which always motivate me to reach a little bit higher every time. I also love the fact that we get to participate in all the TELUS activities (potluck party,competition etc.). I am really glad that I made the decision to join the company at the first place.

Cons

Efficiency,Efficiency,Efficiency!! Working at call center, you will need to management your time efficiently as clock is always ticking when you are talking to customers.

More events and gatherings across different department, so we can get to know all people from the company

Work, Fun and Growth

Current Employee - TPV in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - TPV in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group

Pros

Great team of people, fun loving culture, and lots of opportunities for promotion. Overall office and desk environment is very pleasant and enjoyable. I work in TPV, we do potlucks, team nights, parties and lots of team building activities and other activities that help foster a sense of unity and family within the team. Flexible and consistent work schedule is a huge pro.

Cons

Nothing which I noticed but no company is perfect. I would say play music in TPV office as well like other offices.

Keep doing what you're doing!

B2B Sales Agent and I love what I do!

Current Employee - B2B Sale Agent in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - B2B Sale Agent in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've had sales jobs before, but never had a thorough training like we get here. I love being part of the B2B team! We have a great team and an awesome manager! it's also great because we have a safety net in place...meaning if sales are slow we still get a base pay, but I've never needed it! Oh and the team nights out...so much fun!

Cons

honestly...I have no complaints! I've got great co-workers, great managers, and I make more money here than any other job I've had before. What's there to complain about?

Keep up the good work

Good place to work

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time

Pros

Good and fun place to work. They provide lots of opportunities for promotions and has a fun culture....team nights, dinners, company paid trips etc are the type of things they do frequently.

Cons

nothing for me till now

Good job with maintaining the company's fun loving culture

the work was tough but learned alot from. Had to quit the job on the consequences of the fact takes many hours

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Victoria, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Victoria, BC (Canada)

I worked at The Acquisition Group

Pros

Best part of this job is that you get promoted and grow fast as long as you do the job right.
    Lots of marketing workshops you can develop new skills from.

Cons

More than 8 hours a day, also your income is purely based on commision.
    There is no base pay
    long hours, not office hours

This job is not for everyone. If you are good with people, good at marketing than you are good to go.
    You can become a manage real quick in this field, or you can fall behind very quick as well. its really depends on the individual and what your capability is

marketing consultant

I worked at The Acquisition Group

Pros

great atmosphere
    great people to gain knowledge

Cons

long hours every day, sometimes even saturday
    commission only

learned a lot about sales and myself

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-comprehensive sales training
    -team atmosphere
    -teaching workshops
    -training new hires
    -conducting secondary interviews
    -improved confidence
    -leadership skills
    -learning independence
    -advancement opportunities
    -time goes by really fast
    -stronger communication skills (work and personal)
    -goal setting and long term focus
    -money, money, money

Cons

-self doubt at times
    -fear of failure
    -pressure to perform
    -requires a lot of effort

More communication between senior managers and sales agents.

One of the best jobs I've ever had - I learned how to run my own business

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Executive in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Executive in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I read a lot of reviews about this company when I went to post this and was surprised by some people's ideas of negatives. honestly this job gave me every opportunity to learn, advance and make money.
     I loved being an independent contractor, not an employee, because I get to function as my own business, and truly become an entrepreneur, as well as enjoy lots of tax breaks.
    The hours aren't any longer than any other job I've had, except that you aren't looking at a clock all day and counting the minutes. You are always learning, always on the go, and always being productive. You don't have time to worry about the time.
    Don't get scared off by the 'no base pay' comments. A lot of the jobs with this company do have base pay plus commission, and once you get past the initial training, even if you did go on just commission, you'll make a lot more than any basic hourly wage job. Plus any of the like leadership level or management level roles that you can advance to pretty quickly (less than a year) offer base pay plus commission plus overrides. I made more money here than any other sales/customer service/promo/business job I had previous. companies use these pay models because everyone gets to make more money this way, it just works.
    Direct sales and marketing; things like special events and promotions, trade shows, residential direct sales, business account development, lobby events, retail events, ect, getting experience in all of these settings made me better at communication, better at sales, and just better at dealing with people, and gave me a chance to figure out how to be an effective leader.

The only reason I left this company was to open up my own marketing business. The skills I learned here will be the reason I'm successful as my own business owner now. I learned a ton and am really glad that I took the job and stayed for as long as I did. A huge thank you to the calgary team for making me into a better business man and giving me the skills i needed to support my big ambitions.

Cons

I wish you guys were able to take on new clients and new business partners. I've been meeting lots of new contacts after opening my own marketing firm, and would love to be able to take on projects with you, or get you to consult on more of them. There's still lots more that i need to learn and Ray, Farid, Fayaz, you're the best guys to learn from.

keep expanding and growing and taking on new clients and projects. We need more companies like yours doing what you do and giving people like me an opportunity to become successful. thanks for all the guidance and support and call me any time if I can ever return the favour.

Good place to learn/grow and the best sales training out there!

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I started here with very little bit of sales experience. The managers and the team as a whole are very supportive individuals. You can earn a lot here, provided that you are hard working and disciplined. I've made more money here that i could have at my last job. the most motivating part so far as been watching 2 people become managers in the past few months! it's awesome!

Cons

You have to be able to work hard and have a business mindset to make the most. Self motivation is very important since you will be working independently a lot of times!

good job!