The Acquisition Group

Updated December 17, 2014
Updated December 17, 2014
4.1

Farid Vaziri

Pros
  • It is a fun place to work, with an awesome work environment (in 12 reviews)

• well thought out advancement structure within the company (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Pretty long hours, you don't get much time to spend with your family (in 21 reviews)

• Please be advise that there is no base salary (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Good place to work

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time

Pros

Good and fun place to work. They provide lots of opportunities for promotions and has a fun culture....team nights, dinners, company paid trips etc are the type of things they do frequently.

Cons

nothing for me till now

Good job with maintaining the company's fun loving culture

Great Place to Start Your Entry Level Job

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group

Pros

Very Clear Advance Structure
    Very good for someone who has no or few experience and would like to learn more about customer service, sales and marketing.
    Trainings are very comprehensive (I learned how to conduct interviews as well, feel so excited when you get to interviewing someone else).
    Managers are fun and very supportive.
    No seniority in the company (I can see myself becoming a manager in my early 20s)

Cons

Occasionally you will need to work on the weekends
    Could be stressful sometimes, need a lot of hard working and determination to succeed in this job
    A little bit long working hour.

The working hours could be rearranged in a more effective way.

learned a lot about sales and myself

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-comprehensive sales training
    -team atmosphere
    -teaching workshops
    -training new hires
    -conducting secondary interviews
    -improved confidence
    -leadership skills
    -learning independence
    -advancement opportunities
    -time goes by really fast
    -stronger communication skills (work and personal)
    -goal setting and long term focus
    -money, money, money

Cons

-self doubt at times
    -fear of failure
    -pressure to perform
    -requires a lot of effort

More communication between senior managers and sales agents.

One of the best jobs I've ever had - I learned how to run my own business

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Executive in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Executive in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I read a lot of reviews about this company when I went to post this and was surprised by some people's ideas of negatives. honestly this job gave me every opportunity to learn, advance and make money.
     I loved being an independent contractor, not an employee, because I get to function as my own business, and truly become an entrepreneur, as well as enjoy lots of tax breaks.
    The hours aren't any longer than any other job I've had, except that you aren't looking at a clock all day and counting the minutes. You are always learning, always on the go, and always being productive. You don't have time to worry about the time.
    Don't get scared off by the 'no base pay' comments. A lot of the jobs with this company do have base pay plus commission, and once you get past the initial training, even if you did go on just commission, you'll make a lot more than any basic hourly wage job. Plus any of the like leadership level or management level roles that you can advance to pretty quickly (less than a year) offer base pay plus commission plus overrides. I made more money here than any other sales/customer service/promo/business job I had previous. companies use these pay models because everyone gets to make more money this way, it just works.
    Direct sales and marketing; things like special events and promotions, trade shows, residential direct sales, business account development, lobby events, retail events, ect, getting experience in all of these settings made me better at communication, better at sales, and just better at dealing with people, and gave me a chance to figure out how to be an effective leader.

The only reason I left this company was to open up my own marketing business. The skills I learned here will be the reason I'm successful as my own business owner now. I learned a ton and am really glad that I took the job and stayed for as long as I did. A huge thank you to the calgary team for making me into a better business man and giving me the skills i needed to support my big ambitions.

Cons

I wish you guys were able to take on new clients and new business partners. I've been meeting lots of new contacts after opening my own marketing firm, and would love to be able to take on projects with you, or get you to consult on more of them. There's still lots more that i need to learn and Ray, Farid, Fayaz, you're the best guys to learn from.

keep expanding and growing and taking on new clients and projects. We need more companies like yours doing what you do and giving people like me an opportunity to become successful. thanks for all the guidance and support and call me any time if I can ever return the favour.

It's all about the fun

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Kamloops, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Kamloops, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love what I do every day. I like how I get the opportunity to really show my skill set and grow not only on a personal level but also a professional level.

There was no start up fee, and I've been making a lot more than what I did before. I also learned more here in the past 4 weeks than I did in University because everything I've learned here I get to apply it right at work that day.

I love the fact that I get to use an iPad and use it for work, FOR FREE! This is one of the first sales job I have where they actually are up to date with technology, give us something or our generation.

Cons

This job isn't for everyone. You have to have the right mind set and want to work hard. It will reward you hard if you work, but if you don't want to work hard and just wanna find a job to earn minimum wage this is not for you.

I've seen a lot of people coming in trying to get a job but they don't try to understand what the job is about. It's about growth, not your typical 9-5. One of the biggest mistake people make is they don't actually take time to understand what the job entails. Make sure you understand you actually have to work here and can't sit around and expect that you are going to get everything done for you.

More team nights!

Good place to learn/grow and the best sales training out there!

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I started here with very little bit of sales experience. The managers and the team as a whole are very supportive individuals. You can earn a lot here, provided that you are hard working and disciplined. I've made more money here that i could have at my last job. the most motivating part so far as been watching 2 people become managers in the past few months! it's awesome!

Cons

You have to be able to work hard and have a business mindset to make the most. Self motivation is very important since you will be working independently a lot of times!

good job!

Deceptive employer, avoid them if you can

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A terrific opportunity to gain some sales experience if you are not in for the money.

Cons

Deceptive practices.

The entire interview was designed as a sales pitch, where they try to market the job to you.

Do not believe what they say. This is a door to door sales job with NO base wage(100% commission based).

They interview 3-4 people on daily basis, people come and go all the time.

One thing they NEVER tell you, is they have a very high Cancellation Rate, which means even if you managed to sell the products, you may only get a fraction of what is promised to you.

1 more thing, you are not even a employee to them. You are an independent contractor, so they do not even provide you with a T4, something they also never tell you about.

Please read this before you take the job.

Come on, we do not have a law for this?

OK as an entry-level job, but nothing more than that

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time

Pros

Excellent management, friendly staff, warm team atmosphere. You can potentially advance to management, if you are serious about the job and are willing to put enough effort.

Cons

No base pay, ~4 hours a day doing training, interviews and workshops (not paid), then from 1-2 till 7-8 pm door to door sales. 100% commission-based. No benefits, only perks (occasional trips to local bars and free pizza on some days). You end up working 6 days and 60-hour weeks.

Building my Skills, Career, and Wallet!! $$$

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I took an entry level sales job thinking that I would give it a try and see if I could accomplish as much as they talked about in the interview process, and I feel like I've already accomplished more. So far in the few months that I've been with the team, I've gone from shy to confident, to being the best version of myself so far. I'm confident and driven and developing into a successful young entrepreneur.

I've learned skills here that I've never had the opportunity to learn elsewhere; I conduct interviews and know how to evaluate a resume and personality, I lead classroom style workshops and get to teach people how to do what I do and share things I'm passionate about, I train and lead a team! I get to be groomed into a management role, something I didn't think I'd be able to accomplish in my first year anywhere.

I love the structure of my day. I love the team I work with. I appreciate the attention from senior management. The hands on training has really helped me learn quickly and feel supported. It's a good balance of team atmosphere and individual performance - I get to prove myself but I also get help when I need it.

Sales can be challenging but if you're willing to put yourself out there and talk to people, you can build some amazing relationships and build your confidence. And while doing that, I've also built myself a savings account! Let's be honest, sales is where the money is! Once you learn the basics of how to sell there's a really big potential to earn a lot of money! If you're confident, focussed and willing, you'll earn more than a comfortable amount each week. I've only been doing this for about 4 months and I can make anywhere from $600-$1200 Each Week! I love getting paid weekly too, makes it easier to budget your life.

If you want a challenge and an opportunity, take a chance and try working a little harder, and you'll be impressed with yourself and with the money you can earn.

I'm not in management yet, but I'm confident that I'll get there soon, and I'll keep making cash and new skills along the way!

Cons

You have to learn how to be outgoing! This is hard when you first start, but ends up being a really great experience as you come out of your shell. The days can be long, but they don't actually feel long when you're busy. I'd like to get to sell more products, like a larger variety of products. TELUS is awesome, and they have great services, but I'd love a chance to work with new clients too.

Stay true to the structure that you've built. Keep giving people like me a chance to grow and build something. Maybe think about giving reps an opportunity to work with your other clients? Also, more travel would be great :D

Overall just thanks for giving a chance to prove myself and build a career and a life for myself.

A great place to start your career

Current Employee - Human Resources Administrative in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Administrative in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It has been an amazing journey since day. The culture, working environment and energy are the best that I couldn't ask for even more. I started as a junior marketing consultant. All of those training have helped to boost my confidence and improve my communication skills. This job has truly elevated my leadership and managing skills to a another level. You may found that weather can be a little challenge, but winners never quit, quitters never win. Within a year, I am promoted to an office job with company provided cell phone and laptop. Company offers attractive base pay and extra bonuses. In addition, the company has offered some enticing health benefits, team nights/events and manager retreats. Basically, the company's vision is to bring up you as their future team lead/manager.

Cons

It's all about good organizations and time management. It will reshape and re-create your work ethic.

Please bring back more London drugs events, mall events. Also, add more team nights/events.

The Acquisition Group Photos