The Arc of San Diego

Not yet rated.

David W. Schneider

1 Employee Review

Direct Support Professional I

Direct Support Professional I (Former Employee)
    El Cajon, CA

ProsGood training when hired. You get CPR, First Aid and Pro Act training. Training is about a week long. You also find out about the company and make some new friends. At the end you get certificates and an ARC shirt.

ConsClients are very physically challenging. I found it to be unsafe because it was hard sometimes to know when a consumer would have a behaviors. When they have a behaviors they can get violent and throw items or try to hurt a worker or other consumer. For the pay it is not worth getting hurt.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be a long shadow period where a person that has more experience helps the experienced. A long time goes by at times when the consumers are just sitting around waiting for the day to begin or end. This is the time when the behaviors occur because they are board. Have staff pay attention to the clients during this period.

Worked for The Arc of San Diego? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Arc of San Diego reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Arc of San Diego CEO David W. Schneider. All reviews posted anonymously by The Arc of San Diego employees.