The Armada Group Reviews

The Armada Group President & CEO Jeff Tavangar
Jeff Tavangar

Happy to work here

I have been working at The Armada Group full-time

Pros

* Awesome new compensation package and career advancement opportunities * Promote a healthy, balanced work environment * Fun teambuilding events and office fun days * Don't have to commute highway 17 and get paid well! * I like helping people get jobs, so it's rewarding in a way I never thought possible * Good training for new hires * Flat management structure

Cons

* It's a hard job and you only get out what you put in, but the compensation package is really good and allows opportunity for me to grow in my role or into a different role with the company in the future. * Run out of coffee and creamer sometimes * Some toxic ex employees (you've probably read a few of their reviews as well) were allowed to keep their job for longer than they should and it negatively affected the rest of us. Make quicker termination decisions for employees like that.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the feedback from your employees and keep focusing on promoting a healthy office environment.

work hard, play hard, have fun & make a difference

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at The Armada Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

* Strong management team who genuinely cares about the employees and their success * Excellent core values, mission & vision employees can truly align with. * Fun, no-nonsense work environment. You know where you stand at all times. * Great pay-for-performance comp plan for sales & recruiting * 100% paid medical/dental/vision benefits for employees * Excellent client base, working with many of the world's leading technology companies. * Flexible hours & focus on results * Great location- 1 block from downtown Santa Cruz & 1 mile from beach. Close proximity to lots of good restaurants/bars/coffee shops, Trader Joes, Whole Foods, CVS, etc. * Company truly encourages work-life balance: onsite locker room & shower facilities, and employees frequently run/bike/surf together before/after work, or at lunch * Company supplied iphone and fully paid phone/data plan * Big time focus on team & company culture- management really cares about having a cohesive team that works well together and doesn't hesitate to get rid of people who have lousy attitudes or aren't team players. * Great training programs to bring new employees or those with little/no industry experience up to speed quickly.

Cons

* most of clients are in Silicon Valley, so sales reps frequently need to drive over hill for client meetings.

Advice to Management

* Thanks for making Armada a fun & rewarding place to work. Keep up the good work!

Love it here!

I have been working at The Armada Group full-time

Pros

Everyone is really supportive of each other and truly happy for one another successes. It feels like more of a family than just a group of people you work with. Everyone really cares about each other and what's going on in their life, both professionally and personally. We have a really positive group of people here, no negativity or drama. There is a lot of support and accountability with the team- if you need help or flexibility with anything, all you have to do is ask for it. People bring their dogs to work! It's a very active environment- people run to the beach, work out in the back office (we have a locker room/shower, etc.). Team members also take walks and go downtown Santa Cruz for lunch, ice cream, coffee etc.

Cons

Intoxicated homeless people hanging near the building sometimes (we are located downtown). Air conditioner is too cold sometimes. Running out of coffee occasionally :(

Advice to Management

Continue to support the team and encourage work-life balance with a work hard, play hard mentality! Continue to encourage healthy lifestyles!

Company is stale and growth flat..

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

I worked at The Armada Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Office close to downtown Santa Cruz.

Cons

Extremely unprofessional and stressful work environment. Informed by previous colleagues that management asked internal employees to remove any employee from LinkedIn that left the company. Asked to write positive reviews on glassdoor...as you can see all the reviews this year alone are from current employees. I'm sure turns are being taken on who is writing the next positive review. High turnover rate for a reason. Unless you are family or tenured, don't expect to make enough money to support yourself- commission structure is a joke. Nothing is confidential. BDM is a snake. No career potential here. You can be as "hungry" and hard-working as you want and still see no improvements or encouragement.

Advice to Management

Close up shop.

STAY AWAY

I worked at The Armada Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of parking and it's mostly well-lighted.

Cons

Worst company I've ever worked for - followers of Tony Robbins and required employees to sit through hours of cult-like "training" classes plus required individuals to pay for the conference. Promotion given based on who they like, not skills. Has fired people for "not being happy" after they asked to move to another position. Commission structure reworked often to pay out less and less. Always hiring internal people but never growing - that should be the first warning sign. Slimy financial practices - high mark ups on candidates so that the executives can live in mansions while the recruiters are barely surviving.

Advice to Management

Close up shop so you stop ruining other people's lives. With the amount of residuals you can make on the consultant you have, your executives will be taken care of.

Current employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at The Armada Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I couldn't ask for a better overall company to work for! I've been employed by Armada for over 2 years, and I can say with confidence that they really care about our internal employees, contractors, and clients. It's a family-like atmosphere where the focus is on teamwork, integrity, working hard, and delivering great service. Management really knows how to support and motivate our internal team. They have been incredibly flexible and accommodating to try and make the working environment the best it can be, as well as being open minded and very welcoming to new ideas.

Cons

There are no cons to report

Advice to Management

My experience with management has been great. Keep up the great work!

Great Company, Great People, Great Customer Service!

I have been working at The Armada Group full-time

Pros

Excellent work atmoshpere. There is an emphasis on work/life balance here that is backed up with meaningful action and a lot of flexability for employees. Good opportunities for career growth and a great opportunity to make a lot of money.

Cons

Be prepared to be relentless and work hard. This job gives back what you put in.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, let's have an awesome 2015!

Armada Cares!

Current Employee - Talent Consultant in Santa Cruz, CA
    Current Employee - Talent Consultant in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at The Armada Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Armada has become my family over the last six months. Armada really cares about my personal success in and outside of the workplace. The people on my team are truly awesome and supportive. Within the short amount of time working here, I have feel an overwhelming sense of determination and pride. I don't think I've ever worked for a company that has celebrated my achievements like Armada has! Working in a place where you are acknowledged for your hard work and opinions are valued/hear, is very important.

Cons

A challenge within recruitment is that this type of job can require putting in more than 40 hours a week so just be prepared.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all your hard work and guidance!

Very educative.

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Santa Cruz, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Santa Cruz, CA

I worked at The Armada Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They invest in making you a better recruiter.

Cons

It's like any other small office; it has it's own politics.

Advice to Management

The leadership skills you are teaching are great!

Great group of people, but lots of competition.

Former Employee - Sourcer in Santa Cruz, CA
    Former Employee - Sourcer in Santa Cruz, CA

I worked at The Armada Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun people, small team, working on meaningful projects to fill key positions at client companies

Cons

Pay is low. Little room to grow.

RSS Feed </> Embed