The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale

www.aifl.artinstitutes.edu

The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2014
The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale – US – “Front”

The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale – US – “Front”

Chuck Nagele

Nice easy going environment

Professor (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsGreat staff, total freedom. OF course it depends who your department chair is

ConsWell now we know its a goldman sachs operation

Advice to Senior ManagementLay of already firing people

Sinking Ship

Yes Man (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsGood Company Benefits, creative atmosphere,

ConsLack of ethics, no work life balance, no personal growth, RIFs every qtr. Bad name, poor management

Advice to Senior ManagementToo late, all that are still there run fast while you still have a name.

Sad place because the owners are so Greedy

Director (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsThere were and still are some dedicated instructors there.

ConsGoldman Sachs came in about eight years ago and bleed this artistic company

Advice to Senior ManagementSell it to someone who cares about the students first and making money second

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Education-proprietary

Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

Prosgood benefits, good pay, good staff / coworkers, professional atmosphere, good system and compensation

Conscorporate structure - lots of layoffs, turnover - lack of retention since Goldman sachs --acquisition- some educational programs are far superior to others- expensive- no regional accreditation

Advice to Senior Managementtake care of your good employees

it is never to late to grow up

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people that love the work they do just lack the support to do it well.

Conslow pay lack of support from corporate

Advice to Senior Managementyou only add value when you improve the small things.

The "new" Art Institutes are a mess

Faculty (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsSchool is located in beautiful part of the state.

ConsDisrepectuful Administration. EDMC fired full time faculty and replaced with adjuncts. Over worked faculty and underpaied and not respected. AiFL is not an accredited college. The Lack of professionalism appalling.

Great while each school was managed on it's own

Instructor (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsBenefits, Salary, Schedule, Students, Teachers

ConsUnorganized, Management, Reviews, Reimbursement, Tuition

Advice to Senior ManagementRecent Layoffs have been out of control

I was a faculty member for over eight years.

Instructor (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsInitially, it was great to work with students who were passionate and excited over their futures. There is a lot of autonomy for instructors, decent pay.

ConsThe corporation that owns Ai has destroyed it. The students are rarely passionate, there is no morale on campus, and no emphasis on quality education.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing can be done until someone else takes over the school.

A subpar school with no interest in education

Student Tech (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsAwesome co-workers and flexible hours

ConsNo real organization or leadership.

Overly Micromanaged!!!

Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsGood benefits, each admissions rep has their own office.

ConsYou are basically set up to fail from day 1. The lead distribution is unfair, giving favor to only a couple of senior people. You are recorded and micromanaged to the max...by every word...literally. They would take money and an application from any student , and if you could'nt close the student you would have long meetings going over what you said wrong and you need to call in management before the student leaves to help close the deal...remindes me of a car salesman. High pressure to the point ...if your not making your numbers no vacation...you have to be almost dead to ask for a day off. I don't think management has much experience in manageing. If I'm selling an $80,000 Bachelor Degree in Photography, Illustration, ect...it better be in the best interest of the student, and they don't see it like that. High turn over...they let go 12 people in the last couple of months and now are rehiring once again??? Not surprised. Go ahead, apply for the position and see the mess for your self at least you will get good benefits and help some students.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire and train the right people for the position, keep in mind what is best for the student and not Aifl's pocket, stop micromanaging and you will have success and longevity...back to basics. God is always in control....you are dealing with people's lives and life should not be about the bottom line,-money.

Worked for The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale? Contribute to the Community!