The Art Institute of Indianapolis

www.artinstitutes.edu

The Art Institute of Indianapolis Reviews

1.4

CEO

The job is alright, but I yearn for more fulfillment

I have been working at The Art Institute of Indianapolis

Pros

There is a lot of great teamwork here, and most of the time people get along pretty well. Management tries to make the work environment fun, and it is positive to feel that you are helping people realize their dreams.

Cons

Sometimes the office feels very cliquish. Job can feel monotonous and repetitive at times, It can also be a stressful environment,

Show your employees more gratitude, even if they're not in the popular crowd at the office

Started as a dream job, ended as hell.

Current Employee - Librarian in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Librarian in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at The Art Institute of Indianapolis full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The current Ai has no pros to working for them.

Cons

Constant budget cuts; huge purges of employees (some of whom had worked for the company for many years); demeaning changes in the workplace; removal of many tasks which had made the job my "dream job" and removal of which left me with essentially a file clerk's duties; management constantly finding ways to criticize employees in order to lower their performance evaluations to avoid having to give raises; overall poor morale since the management change 2 years ago.

One word: karma.

Unsupportive Management and Unethical Company

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at The Art Institute of Indianapolis full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The only pros were the pay and a handful of individuals I worked with, who got me through each day working there.

Cons

The management was unsupportive, with the male managers making females uncomfortable. The training was minimal and weekly meetings left me leaving wondering how my manager got their job. The whole company ran unethically and tried recruiting students to the school under wrong standards. They pushed getting military individuals because they could make more money off of them, and once tried getting my colleague to recruit a homeless guy. I felt uncomfortable the entire time I worked there in every aspect.

Work with your employees to help better than as individuals and employees. If you don't have the answers on how to help, then go to your boss. Don't just let employees sink.

A matter of luck

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at The Art Institute of Indianapolis

Pros

Great students and staff. The best team work I have ever seen.

Cons

The worst management. There is no unity and how the company treat employees nationally. So, it is a matter of luck. If you are lucky to have a good immediate supervisor, great. Otherwise, they can do whatever they want.

To create a unified system of rules and procedures for HR. The perceived company ethics is pretty low and the majority of employees stay because Art is such a hard field to find a job.

Gave me the run around even though I was a qualified internal candidate

Current Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions
    Current Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions

I have been working at The Art Institute of Indianapolis full-time (more than a year)

Pros

None at this location. Being able to take classes with tuition reimbursement if you make it to your sixth month on the job for the company.

Cons

high turnover, bad management, horrible HR

I attempted to transfer and got the run around from this schools management and HR. Pick an excuse. Don't tell someone you are looking for experience in education and then when they come back with experience in education tell them you are looking at external candidates.