The Art Institutes (HQ)
www.aii.edu Pittsburgh, PA 150 to 499 Employees

The Art Institutes (HQ) Reviews in Dallas, TX

The Art Institutes (HQ) – “AI - Santa Monica”

The Art Institutes (HQ) President George Sebolt

George Sebolt

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Below Average

Full Time Instructor (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Art Institutes (HQ)

ProsFlexible schedule
good health benefits
great students who arent highlighted or showcased

ConsNo planning for future work assignments
Performance reviews always late (6 months or more)
No advancement in current department/role

Advice to Senior Managementlack of sense of urgency
late of accountability across the board from management to faculty
lack of standards
lack of communication
lack of attention to detail

If you like being bossed around by Admissions reps, work here!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at The Art Institutes (HQ)

ProsExcellent benefits, PTO, tuition, holidays, etc.

ConsManagement is completely incompetent. They are extremely petty, and depending on who you're under you will be treated like a child and nit picked on all day (even if you're smarter and brighter than your superior). Several (more than 3 in one dept) have quit on this reason alone. Oh yeah and HR works for the management so don't expect any help there...

BEWARE, if you work in Admissions, be prepared to try to reach unreachable goals. The school is having trouble making their class start goals, so when there's trouble there, employees suffer. Admissions reps walk around like they own the place when they are REPLACED every year. That position is a revolving door. New faces all the time and no one knows how to do their job. Training? LOL

Financial aid is horrid. There is no proper procedure. The financial aid officer calls the students as if they're the student's admissions rep. If you work in financial aid you WILL be doing admissionsy type work (without the pay or better increases), and you WILL be calling and hounding students to complete their paperwork (more than their Admissions rep will). You will also be seeing students who have little to no paperwork and putting together financial aid plans. Team work? Forget about it. Everyone is in it for themselves. Don't let someone take a long break or lunch...you'll be seeing students BACK TO BACK. Managers have NO (and I'm not exaggerating) competence.

The goal is to get students in the door NO MATTER WHAT. The president claims that they do what is in the best interest of the student, but they don't. Getting someone in debt for $30k+ for them to only drop out because they weren't a fit or academically up to par is in the best interest of the student? Okay. Prepare to question your ethics and morals. It's a numbers game bottom line.

And job security? There is definitely NONE for admissions, and they make cuts at random due to organization restructuring. So if they're doing bad, expect some cuts, and it could be you!

If you work here, try going into administration. Not admissions or financial aid. Good luck and God bless! I would never go back...

Advice to Senior ManagementSENIOR management & HR need to hire competent managers. Not idiots with no education.

Most days are very rewarding

Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Art Institutes (HQ)

ProsGreat benefits and great school.

ConsNo room for growth. Negative gossip and talking behind people's backs.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe professional and treat your employees in a professional manner. Be proactive vs. reactive.

Pay is not worth the stress

I worked at The Art Institutes (HQ)

ProsGreat benefits, liked most of my coworkers, School itself is awesome. Faculty and educational offerings are amazing. Everyone other than Admissions department is happy to be there. I love the idea of this job - but absolutely hated it by the time i left.

ConsPay and hours were not at all what I was told when I was hired. They seriously over-promised on advancement opportunities and raises. Unrealistic sales goals. Lots of catty women in the department. Incompetent management. Double standards. People who the directors liked got preferential treatment, and if they didn't like you they made your life hell. Poor use of time. Meetings about meetings about meetings, and then several emails from different people about the content of the meetings. Micromanagement.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have to give respect to your employees to earn their respect. Hire and/or promote people with ACTUAL management skills.

Where Only a Few Hav and Opportunity to Succeed and More than likely Not Ethically!

Prosgreat pay
great vacation/benefits
could call in to take days off if they were available
tuition reimbursment
working with students to make their dreams come true in regards to education

Conscompensation plan
turnover out of control
favortism
complaints went in one ear and out the other

Advice to Senior Managementneeds more of a corporate culture in which employees can be proud of their work and def needs to change the compensation plan the only way one can consistantly make plan is if they are cheating or lying to do so

Politics as usual

I worked at The Art Institutes (HQ)

ProsThe teachers and classes are wonderful!

ConsSenior management talks to the staff like they are toddlers. Its disgusting. "Sales meetings" are a joke. If you don't look trendy, don't expect to last long. They single out those who "don't fit the mold" and look for ways to get rid of them.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize the morale is in the dumps because of the people running the show.

Worked for The Art Institutes (HQ)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Art Institutes (HQ) reviews and ratings in Dallas, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Art Institutes (HQ) CEO George Sebolt. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by The Art Institutes (HQ) employees.