The Art Institutes (HQ)
www.aii.edu Pittsburgh, PA 150 to 499 Employees

The Art Institutes (HQ) Reviews in Houston, TX

The Art Institutes (HQ) – “AI - Santa Monica”

The Art Institutes (HQ) President George Sebolt

George Sebolt

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Think again, unless you're a sales career driven individual!

Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at The Art Institutes (HQ) full-time for less than a year

ProsBenefits, a good starting pay

ConsI had no idea that this was a sales position; had I known, I would have never applied or taken the position. The work/life balance is awful, it's very difficult to manage your personal life when you're always at work. You will work late (6pm - 8pm) and Saturdays (6 days a week). High stress and redundant work, as the work is simple but your work days consist of calling people who are or were once upon a time interested in the school. You will have to meet enrollment goals. High micro-management! Our team meets at least once a week for a one on one meeting with a manger and two regular meets to see where our sales goals are. The company is on a budget, there is no room for promotion or salary increases, fyi. No overtime. High turnover. You'll work holidays and it's very hard to use the nice amount of PTO given to you by the company because of the blackout dates. If you enjoy sales, you may like it. If not, run!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest about the nature of this position. My entire training group had no idea that this was a sales job. Work on allowing your employees to have time away from the job. Working six days a week is not okay, It's extremely tiring.

Micromanaging group of profit-seeking managers make your experience miserable

Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at The Art Institutes (HQ)

ProsThe pay is decent. The benefits and paid time off are good. The work is really simple. You do the same thing over and over again with little to no variation. Good opps for overtime pay.

Cons40 Assisant Directors in the Houston branch, and in one calendar year, 30 quit or were fired. They micromanage you by the minute. If you cannot figure out how to break their system of profit-seeking enrollment methods, you will be miserable. I was fortunate to be very good at the work, so I was left alone. Others I worked with left every day emotionally broken down. The hours are terrible (late evenings, Saturdays). Again, 28 people quit or were fired out of the 40 ADAs at AIH. I know you may be desperate for work (like I was), but save yourself the headache and work elsewhere for a few months and wait for something better. People that had been there for more than a few years ended up in the hospital due to work-related stress.

Worked for The Art Institutes (HQ)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Art Institutes (HQ) reviews and ratings in Houston, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Art Institutes (HQ) CEO George Sebolt. All reviews posted anonymously by The Art Institutes (HQ) employees.