The Assist Group

Updated October 22, 2014
Updated October 22, 2014
3.5

Robert C. Malone

My only regret is that i did not START my career at The Assist Group years ago with this amazing company led by a leader

Current Employee - Office Manager in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The CEO is determined straightforward but would give the shirt off his back for his employees. He knows how to lead, direct the company to a postive outcome. He knows where he is going, how to achieve it and how to lead those under him. He rewards people for jobs well done monetarily, as well as incentives and parties. He constantly thinks of ways to rally the troops which I appreciate coming from the private sector. I feel valued, appreciated and the benefits are amazing. The insurance I pay out of pocket is a fraction of what I have had to pay in the school district for 24 years. This proves to me he cares about my well being. My direct supervisor constantly checks in with me to see if I need anything, how I am doing and if i need additional training which they cover. The perks of this company are endless. I love this company

Cons

This is not a con to the company. After working here I realize I need more advanced computer classes. There are employees here who have told me THEY will teach me. Isn't that amazing. Skills I used on computers in education are not what are needed here. Need extensive Outlook, Calendar, Vizio

Colorado's best company to work for.
    It really is! Well trained, smart and successful leadership team.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great perks, above average wage, incredible benefits, generous time off and bonuses. Employee appreciation shown daily by CEO.

Cons

Would like to see more cross training amongst employees for coverage when someone is out of the office.
    Also, can we try gluten free cupcakes for our next employee event. :)

I am happy to do what I do. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to join the company. I really enjoy where I work.

One in a Million

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

In comparison to other companies, The Assist Group wins hands down. I have never been so acknowledged and appreciated by management. This company truly cares and values all of it's employees. It is growing by leaps and bounds, mostly due to the leadership of the current CEO. If you have a concern, management actually listens and works to implement a solution. Such a refreshing change to other companies where you are a number and no one knows your name.

Cons

For a growing company, they do well in training new employees and general support of those that have been employed for some time. Only suggestion would be to add some latitude in the working business hours for the employees and staff for work-life balance. Also, continue to share the financial success with the employees.

Your directions and management is appreciated. Keep up the great work.

August 2014

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I truly am a current employee (Judy K.). I have worked here for three years. Some of the posts I am reading on this site are clearly bogus (based on the verbage, titles and references used) and are likely completed by either trolls or employees who have been let go. Shame on them if they are ex-employees. Their bogus posts could potentially have a negative impact on this company and therefore people they used to respect and care for. I am hopeful employee candidates or potential clients understand there are people out there who just want to hate, lie and sabotage. Unfortunately, with the modern age, there are easily accessed forums for their ridiculousness.

I have been a nurse for over 20 years and this is by far the best company I have ever worked. This is the first place I feel my hard work is valued from all directions. It is also the first place I actually trust the competence of the entire management team, especially our current CEO. I have the utmost confidence and zero complaints, except for maybe he works too hard and cares too much. I would not want his job. Difficult decisions definitely have to be made in support of continuous improvement, to grow the company and to meet our clients’ ever changing needs.

We are a team from the bottom up and all around. We are so pleased with the products we support. We are so proud of the work we do every day to assist our clients and there is so much more we can do! I am excited about TAG’s potential and future! You should be too!

Cons

Continuous improvement for one and all.

Proud of our companies accomplishments, and our future looks very bright!

Current Employee - Forensic Review Nurse Auditor in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Forensic Review Nurse Auditor in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The entire company strives for the same goals, while everyone's roles and responsibilities vary, the targets and goals are clear. All employees work well together, it fells like a large family environment. Great benefits, time off, bonuses, and many other perks. I have seen the company grow and have had many opportunities for me to grow with it, I am glad I am here. Our offices are state of the art, centrally located and beautiful.

Cons

Personally, I would like to be considered for promotions, and I know that I have to take some outside classes to be considered for those promotions. On the job training works up to a certain point, and I need to bite the bullet to get the proper training required, so Red Rock College here I come!!

Senior Leadership is strong and has a clear vision for the future of the company. While many employees do not like change or to be challenged, this Leadership Team forces all employees to be better, as our clients expect more. Rising the bar across the board has made all employees better. I feel as thought the Company is heading in the right direction and I know that the hard decisions will not always be popular with many employees, but someone has to make the hard decisions to keep us moving in the right direction. I have read many reviews on this site and I know that a lot of it is just sour grapes for under achievers. Keep up the good work, it really shows!!

Great place to work with tons of potential

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time

Pros

* Great co-workers and friendly management
    * Staff appreciation- Bagel Fridays, catered staff-lunches, snacks in the kitchen
    * A wonderful manager that understands flexibility and family needs
    * Great benefits and good pay
    * Paid bonus based on company performance
    * Promotes collaborative setting
    * Constant learning

After working in some "not so desirable" places, you become so appreciative of an environment that is welcoming, helpful, and treats you with respect. I like coming to work. I like the people I spend my day with. I have a manageable workload and reasonable expectations. I like the team setting and the ability to work collaboratively through issues. I don't mind putting in the extra time and energy when asked, as I feel very well taken care at this company. This company has a such a unique product that it provides and I can see the potential. I'm excited to see where this company is going and how our CEO and Senior Management will get us to the next level.

Cons

*This company had some lows in years past but doing amazingly now. With all downfalls, change is inevitable. Some employees are still holding onto old ideologies- time to let it go. Tough decisions were made when our new CEO came along, which ultimately turned our company around for the better. Unfortunately, all the changes scared employees so that perseverates. Hopefully, time will heal those wounds.
    *This company is small, but growing. The ability of personal growth and advancement can be a long process because the company is a work in progress. I have faith that with growth will come more opportunity, but the need to remain patient is key.

Since the ability for advancement can be slow moving, consider cross training some of the staff or giving the ability to try tasks from other departments. Sometimes a little change and/or new projects can keep your work life interesting and keep you motivated.

Company is Great!

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've been here for six months and it is the best job I have had in my career! All employees are friendly, smart, and willing to assist each other to get the job done. Having worked for a number of years, this company really values its employees. I can't imagine leaving this company and if things keep going they way they are, I can see myself working here for many, many years to come.

Cons

The different departments do not interact enough.

Keep pushing forward!!!!

Great Place To Work!

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time

Pros

I love coming to work every day! Management team shows integrity, thoughtfulness, and pays attention to business. Company has great energy and I am glad to be a part of it. The company shares its success with the employees (Friday bagels, occasional company-provided lunches, coffee and snacks, raffles, etc.). Great new office space and good people to work with.

Cons

My only complaint is that some employees are just not appreciative of the hard work involved to make this company a success. Someone has to make the hard decisions, and management has stepped up to the plate.

Management, keep up the good work!

Several Reviews Written By Management--CAUTION!!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Used to have great morale, now not so great with recent layoffs.

Cons

Management watches out for itself. Don't trust. Not a great place to work anymore. Sad.

Develop some humanity and think about your employees.

The Assist Group Response

Oct 22, 2014CEO

This is not a truthful representation of our organization. It's a shame that this person couldn't find the courage to speak to the leadership team to help resolve their concerns. Our 100 plus other ... More

I feel like I’m at the beginning of something big.

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I’ve been with the Assist Group for just over five months now and already it is obvious that this place is headed in the right direction. A positive and supportive leadership team and talented co-workers make this a great environment to come to every day.

It feels like this is the beginning of something big and I am excited to part of the team that gets to go along for the ride.

Cons

It is a challenging, fast-paced work environment with really smart and talented employees–so come prepared to contribute.

Keep it up!