The Assist Group Reviews

3.3

Robert C. Malone

One in a Million

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

In comparison to other companies, The Assist Group wins hands down. I have never been so acknowledged and appreciated by management. This company truly cares and values all of it's employees. It is growing by leaps and bounds, mostly due to the leadership of the current CEO. If you have a concern, management actually listens and works to implement a solution. Such a refreshing change to other companies where you are a number and no one knows your name.

Cons

For a growing company, they do well in training new employees and general support of those that have been employed for some time. Only suggestion would be to add some latitude in the working business hours for the employees and staff for work-life balance. Also, continue to share the financial success with the employees.

Your directions and management is appreciated. Keep up the great work.

August 2014

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I truly am a current employee (Judy K.). I have worked here for three years. Some of the posts I am reading on this site are clearly bogus (based on the verbage, titles and references used) and are likely completed by either trolls or employees who have been let go. Shame on them if they are ex-employees. Their bogus posts could potentially have a negative impact on this company and therefore people they used to respect and care for. I am hopeful employee candidates or potential clients understand there are people out there who just want to hate, lie and sabotage. Unfortunately, with the modern age, there are easily accessed forums for their ridiculousness.

I have been a nurse for over 20 years and this is by far the best company I have ever worked. This is the first place I feel my hard work is valued from all directions. It is also the first place I actually trust the competence of the entire management team, especially our current CEO. I have the utmost confidence and zero complaints, except for maybe he works too hard and cares too much. I would not want his job. Difficult decisions definitely have to be made in support of continuous improvement, to grow the company and to meet our clients’ ever changing needs.

We are a team from the bottom up and all around. We are so pleased with the products we support. We are so proud of the work we do every day to assist our clients and there is so much more we can do! I am excited about TAG’s potential and future! You should be too!

Cons

Continuous improvement for one and all.

Great place to work with tons of potential

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time

Pros

* Great co-workers and friendly management
    * Staff appreciation- Bagel Fridays, catered staff-lunches, snacks in the kitchen
    * A wonderful manager that understands flexibility and family needs
    * Great benefits and good pay
    * Paid bonus based on company performance
    * Promotes collaborative setting
    * Constant learning

After working in some "not so desirable" places, you become so appreciative of an environment that is welcoming, helpful, and treats you with respect. I like coming to work. I like the people I spend my day with. I have a manageable workload and reasonable expectations. I like the team setting and the ability to work collaboratively through issues. I don't mind putting in the extra time and energy when asked, as I feel very well taken care at this company. This company has a such a unique product that it provides and I can see the potential. I'm excited to see where this company is going and how our CEO and Senior Management will get us to the next level.

Cons

*This company had some lows in years past but doing amazingly now. With all downfalls, change is inevitable. Some employees are still holding onto old ideologies- time to let it go. Tough decisions were made when our new CEO came along, which ultimately turned our company around for the better. Unfortunately, all the changes scared employees so that perseverates. Hopefully, time will heal those wounds.
    *This company is small, but growing. The ability of personal growth and advancement can be a long process because the company is a work in progress. I have faith that with growth will come more opportunity, but the need to remain patient is key.

Since the ability for advancement can be slow moving, consider cross training some of the staff or giving the ability to try tasks from other departments. Sometimes a little change and/or new projects can keep your work life interesting and keep you motivated.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company is Great!

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been here for six months and it is the best job I have had in my career! All employees are friendly, smart, and willing to assist each other to get the job done. Having worked for a number of years, this company really values its employees. I can't imagine leaving this company and if things keep going they way they are, I can see myself working here for many, many years to come.

Cons

The different departments do not interact enough.

Keep pushing forward!!!!

Proud of our companies accomplishments, and our future looks very bright!

Current Employee - Forensic Review Nurse Auditor  in  Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Forensic Review Nurse Auditor in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The entire company strives for the same goals, while everyone's roles and responsibilities vary, the targets and goals are clear. All employees work well together, it fells like a large family environment. Great benefits, time off, bonuses, and many other perks. I have seen the company grow and have had many opportunities for me to grow with it, I am glad I am here. Our offices are state of the art, centrally located and beautiful.

Cons

Personally, I would like to be considered for promotions, and I know that I have to take some outside classes to be considered for those promotions. On the job training works up to a certain point, and I need to bite the bullet to get the proper training required, so Red Rock College here I come!!

Senior Leadership is strong and has a clear vision for the future of the company. While many employees do not like change or to be challenged, this Leadership Team forces all employees to be better, as our clients expect more. Rising the bar across the board has made all employees better. I feel as thought the Company is heading in the right direction and I know that the hard decisions will not always be popular with many employees, but someone has to make the hard decisions to keep us moving in the right direction. I have read many reviews on this site and I know that a lot of it is just sour grapes for under achievers. Keep up the good work, it really shows!!

Several Reviews Written By Management--CAUTION!!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Used to have great morale, now not so great with recent layoffs.

Cons

Management watches out for itself. Don't trust. Not a great place to work anymore. Sad.

Develop some humanity and think about your employees.

Great Place To Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time

Pros

I love coming to work every day! Management team shows integrity, thoughtfulness, and pays attention to business. Company has great energy and I am glad to be a part of it. The company shares its success with the employees (Friday bagels, occasional company-provided lunches, coffee and snacks, raffles, etc.). Great new office space and good people to work with.

Cons

My only complaint is that some employees are just not appreciative of the hard work involved to make this company a success. Someone has to make the hard decisions, and management has stepped up to the plate.

Management, keep up the good work!

I feel like I’m at the beginning of something big.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I’ve been with the Assist Group for just over five months now and already it is obvious that this place is headed in the right direction. A positive and supportive leadership team and talented co-workers make this a great environment to come to every day.

It feels like this is the beginning of something big and I am excited to part of the team that gets to go along for the ride.

Cons

It is a challenging, fast-paced work environment with really smart and talented employees–so come prepared to contribute.

Keep it up!

Best company I ever worked for. Thank you TAG.

Current Employee - Account Management  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Management in Denver, CO

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great sector. Professional, experienced leadership team, feel very secure in my position for the first time in my career.

Cons

Time to weed out the employees who don't appreciate the organization or where we're going. I love going to work everyday.

Thank you for all you do for the staff. We appreciate the hard work and dedication each if you display everyday. You lead by example and it's noticed.

Dissatisfied

I worked at The Assist Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great employees who really care about the success of the company as a whole.
    -Work is interesting and definitely a niche that is exciting in HC.
    -Benefits are okay
    -Fast paced work environment
    -Great Account Managers and Operations teams

Cons

-Joined the company straight out of college and I really enjoyed the work environment and people who I worked with. After a year and a half the company let go of many of its senior managers and the focus of the company really began to shift towards saving money regardless of how it did so. The atmosphere of the company began to change and a separation between operations and upper management grew larger. Many hard decisions were made, which is understandable, but it seemed as though ego played a big part in a lot of these decision. The company began to lose the positive demeanor; and more emphasis was placed on bottom line savings than creating a collaborative & constructive work environment
    -During my 2 years at the company I never felt that my work was appreciated by my supervisor or upper management.
    -Management failed to lead and didn't provide constructive feedback as far as meeting expectations and improving personal performance
    -I was let go after 2 years of working for the company and wasn't provided any sort of explanation for the termination even though my performance had been positive (despite a heavy work load). I didn't receive any sort of performance improvement initiatives from my manager prior to the termination and I felt very let down by the management team. I attempted to reach out professionally to several higher-ups and never received any sort of explanation; I have never experienced such a level of unprofessionalism as I did during that time.
    -One positive I can take from this experience is exactly how NOT to treat your employees; I learned how to lead through example and that constructive feedback is key to improving performance. Rather than managing through fear and creating separation between departments its important to reach out to your employees and collaborate constructively.

-provide feedback to employees specific to their performance
    -lead through example
    -conduct company wide initiatives that provide employees with snapshots of the future and how the company can reach goals together.
    -break down barriers between departments
    -Especially at such a small company; take the time to get to know your employees individually and show them that you actually appreciate the hard work they do.

Worked for The Assist Group? Contribute to the Community!