The Bachrach Group

4.5

Richard Bachrach

Great place to work

I have been working at The Bachrach Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you have what it takes you will learn a lot. There is incredible opportunity and room for growth here. The employees are hard-working and very team oriented. Management does everything in their power to make us feel comfortable, their door is always open.

Cons

Can’t really think of any cons.

The Bachrach Group feel like a second family to me. I'm very happy with how everything is going here, keep up the great work.

Proud to work at The Bachrach Group

I have been working at The Bachrach Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

In the 4years that I have worked at The Bachrach Group, I’m very proud and pleased to say that my experience with working within this company has been a very positive one. I’ve been in the Recruiting and Staffing business for over 15 years and The Bachrach Group is the first company I have seen with true integrity that operates differently compared to all the rest of the staffing agencies out there.

Cons

(This isn’t really a con) But recruiting is a rough industry and not everyone is made for it, so if you aren’t willing to put in the work and are used to getting by pretending to do work than this isn’t the right company for you to work for.

Keep up the good work as well as keep on hiring hard working people with the same positive goals in mind with high energy and good integrity!

Ideal working environment

Current Employee - Client Services Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Services Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at The Bachrach Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Positive work environment that encourages you to want to do the best work you possibly could do, as well as continue to give it your all and so much more. Everyone here goes about their work with honesty and constant drive. They sincerely care about their candidates and clients, trying to always cater to their needs the best way that they possibly can.

Cons

If you don’t have integrity and an inner drive to self-motivate yourself than this is probably not the right fit for you. This job is for people who want a reason to get up in the morning, not someone looking to fill a 9-5 void with any old job.

Everyone here genuinely likes what they do and it shows in both their actions and words. I have no doubt that this will change. Truly very grateful I finally found the right work atmosphere I always wanted but never thought was a possibility.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Current Employee

Current Employee - Manager of Client Services  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager of Client Services in New York, NY

I have been working at The Bachrach Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As a professional, it is important to have access to the latest technologies and tools to maximize your potential in recruiting candidates and onboarding clients. The Bachrach Group affords me this opportunity in a pleasant and professional environment. My coworkers are very supportive and always willing to offer constructive criticism. The management always has an open door for questions and suggestions; they welcome new ideas and are receptive to implementing them if they make sense. I feel my contribution here enables the success of my company and my career. Being surrounded by dedicated and friendly peers makes my experience at the Bachrach Group a pleasure. If you want to work in a company where your opinion counts, then the Bachrach Group is the place for you. I feel I have an unlimited potential and I can achieve all of my goals at this company.

Cons

We set the bar very high when it comes to talent; we hire only the best of breed. Being surrounded by top talent can be challenging, rewarding, and humbling all at the same time.

For the past 3 years working with this company, I never felt that anyone was above or better than me; everyone was polite, helpful, and supportive. So my advice to is to keep the same attitude and interaction with your employees. I feel the management is more like family than my bosses, which gives me a comfort level that I never experienced before.

You better run .. Run far away

Former Employee - Client Services Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Client Services Manager in New York, NY

I worked at The Bachrach Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The location is convenient its on 37th near 5th so close to Penn and Grand Central Station. The office itself is a bit outdated looks like the 70's. The co-workers are really nice and are hard working. Management is a different story a totally family owned business so unless your name is bachrach or you married a bachrach you have little say in anything

Cons

This is your typical bait and switch shop. Ask candidates where they interviewed in order to pick up leads. Way behind the times in recruiting methods was shocked at how they treated prospective candidates and even clients. on more than one occasion we lost clients do to old school recruiter boiler room practices.

It is time to catch up with the times your outdated methods worked in the early 80's and 90's but candidates and clients are much wiser now . Treat people with the respect they deserve.

Amazing place to work! Good management- good people!

Current Employee - Senior Manager of Talent Acquisition  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager of Talent Acquisition in New York, NY

I have been working at The Bachrach Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The Bachrach ownership and management team create an environment of unlimited potential
    - With a focus on training and current technology as standard, you automatically have a head start when you apply your own work effort and perseverance… again your potential becomes unlimited
    - Fresh and new ideas are welcome; this industry is wide open and new and improved ways to approach the process are needed- the firm encourages and is always open to new ideas and you feel welcome when your light goes on and you share it both horizontally and up the ladder, a new idea or way of doing business is always welcome to discuss-
    - There is a sincere and credible attitude of caring in this environment- although the recruiting and employment business is a lot about individual effort- there is also a team approach available that is encouraged when desirable and this often has beneficial results-
    - I look forward to coming to work: the environment is positive, it is high tech, an individual and collective effort of trying to move forward exists, and there is a positive attitude about the future

Cons

- Constant growth brings challenges; trying to enter so many industries in this large market brings new business but can also be frustrating-

- Keep open door policy and continue to promote plans for challenges that lie ahead in our firm and our industry.
    - We are in this for the long haul and we should continue to plan as far in advance as we can to get there- for now and 2013 and beyond.

A place you can call ‘home’

I have been working at The Bachrach Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

In an economy where so many people cannot find a job let alone keep a job, this mid-size recruiting firm has allowed their employees to have security and has helped make them money along the way. Myself being the perfect example of achieving success at this firm. Whether you have been here 5 years or 5 weeks, in my experience, management invests their time, experience, and profits into assisting each recruiter to meet and exceed expectations by providing them with the latest technology and a longer than average time frame to get up to speed. In my tenure here, this firm has shown that they believe in promoting from within. It has grown in employee numbers as well as a wide diversity of divisions

Cons

You’re not going to like it here, if you are not a team player. Cross Selling is BIG here

The vision to keep looking at different avenues to make money and continue to adapt to the current and future marketplaces

Very positive, a collaborative envrionment that allows you to make as much money as you want to make

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at The Bachrach Group

Pros

Open door policy with management, recent re-investment in the technology of the company with all new computers/dual flat-screen monitors and video conferencing equipment, lots of jobs to work on

Cons

Not enough recruiting - too many jobs go unfilled because there aren't enough recruiters to support the number of sales people

Don't let the open door policy fade as the company keeps growing. The people who have been here for a long time keep it going but the newer people should get the benefits too

Not for me

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at The Bachrach Group

Pros

Lots of reqs to fill

Cons

A very unprofessional work environment.

Know what you are getting into. If you are an experienced agency recruiter and enjoy a sales environment, you can thrive here and make some decent money. Don't expect any mentoring or career progression.

Run away!

Former Employee - Manager of Client Services  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager of Client Services in New York, NY

I worked at The Bachrach Group

Pros

If you've worked here, you can do well anywhere. This place will teach you how do work with hedonistic, small minded, paranoid managers/own who do not know how to / won't help you succeed.

Cons

Everything. I wish it weren't the case but it is. Let's put it this way, you don't even get free coffee in this place, they will supply you with free hot water, which is nice. We we even "required" to contribute to buy the owners and managers gifts for their birthdays/holidays! The owners only care about the people who are relatives of the business or people who have been there for more than 5 years.

Learn to be humane, gracious and kind or get out of the business completely. The industry has changed, and firms like you are the reasons why this industry has a bad reputation.

Worked for The Bachrach Group? Contribute to the Community!