The Baddish Group

Understaffed, overworked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at The Baddish Group full-time

Pros

Since it is a small agency, employees have the opportunity to work on great projects. Great clients.

Cons

The agency does not charge enough for the service - as a result, employees are overworked and under paid. The agency set unreasonable expectations for work loads. The company cannot distribute work among employees as they cannot retain them. There is zero work-life balance.

You Can't Teach an Old Dog New Tricks

Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at The Baddish Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- money
    - money
    - money
    - money
    - honestly there are not 5 pros to working here

Cons

Laura Baddish is the sole owner and is the only person you will report to. Laura is extremely nasty and unprofessional. On my first day, she asked if I had an eating disorder, because I took lunch at 4 PM. This set the tone for the rest of my employment. This lady oversees and micromanages everything, even media lists. Laura does not have a filter and will say whatever she wants to you in front of the whole office. Every time Laura talks, it sounds extremely snappy, unpleasant and condescending. Her attitude is atrocious, negative and frankly speaking it just sucks.

The whole time I was with Laura, I created lists, answered phones, fulfilled shipping orders, found her emails addresses, ran errands and created dropbox links. I wasn't writing AT ALL or pitching. Laura's strategies are all over the place and constantly rushed. You never know what you are going to be doing the next day. She will send you emails with little or no direction. Laura even admitted that she is horrible at explaining assignments and she makes you feel dumb for asking for more direction. She will verbally give you assignments across the room. The coworkers are sympathetic but not really helpful. Laura has been open since the 90's and her longest employee has been there one year. The person that had the job before me last three months and the person before that two weeks.

The tipping point for me was when I met with an experienced headhunter. He told me that Laura is well-known within in the industry for being extremely nasty and he would not recommend anyone working for her. Also, he mentioned that having her name on my resume looked like a blemish. I wasn't gaining experience, hated the assignments and felt like horrible every day after work- to the point of tears. Needless to say, I quit and DO NOT regret it.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!

We get it, you're the most knowledgeable about the spirit and beverage industry. Try to grow with your employees. Value the skills that they do bring to the agency. Treat your employees like assets and humans.

Worked for The Baddish Group? Contribute to the Community!