The Baddish Group Reviews

CEO

1. Enjoying Working with The Baddish Group

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant & Keynote Speaker in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant & Keynote Speaker in Boston, MA

Pros

Friendly, Cooperative, Compensation, Communication, Fun, Challenging, Educational

Cons

Fast Paced, Internet could be Faster, Strange Payment Schedules (but I am 1099)

2. Boss is horrible and mean

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at The Baddish Group as an intern

Pros

Very small so you might have a chance to do a lot of work

Cons

Laura Baddish is a horrible woman that seemed to actually gain happiness from putting down her employees and embarrassing publicly. I would not recommend working for her.

3. Account Executive

Pros

Laura Baddish lured me, like many other young women looking to start a career in food/wine/spirits PR, with a nice juicy salary so for the brief time I was there, I was paid decently. That's about where the pros stop.

Cons

Working for Laura Baddish was the worst professional experience I have had to date. The entire 3 months I worked there I was overcome with anxiety and stress to the point where I stopped eating and cried most nights after coming home. Besides the fact that there is ZERO work/life balance, Laura is a borderline abusive employer who is nasty, demeaning, and malicious towards the people she expects to produce quality work for her. It really and truly is a wonder that she has managed to stay in business and retain the clients she has in her roster - if they had any idea of the way she treats her employees, I can't imagine they would stay with her. If you're reading this because you are considering a job there, take my advice and that of the legions of young women who have worked and suffered under Laura Badish (and there are dozens!) and RUN. Don't be tempted by the higher-than-average salary she puts in front of you - it's not worth it.

Advice to Management

Laura, it's amazing your reputation hasn't caught up with you. Perhaps consider what it says about you as a PR professional that you can't even manage your own reputation online!

5. WORST Place I Have EVER Worked

Former Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

Pros

There was not a single pro to working here.

Cons

To say that my experience at The Baddish Group was miserable would be an understatement. Laura, the owner is just a mean person, who's nasty personality infiltrates the entire office culture. Life in the office is stressed and unpleasant, with Laura alternating hourly which employee she wishes to target with obnoxious remarks, insults and undermining the possibility of productive work. She targets hiring employees switching careers or relocating - people who feel compelled to stay, otherwise they would quit within 2 weeks. As it is, the turnover is exceptionally high - in the short time I was there (only a couple of months) 4 people left. In an office of about 4-5 full time employees, only 1 had been there more than 6 months. The company will likely never grow larger than it is because there is no employee retention. Additionally, Laura - who brags that she sleeps only a few hours a night - will send you emails at all hours of the day. Simply put: unless you want to be miserable, do not work here.

Advice to Management

Laura, I cannot even begin to speculate what causes you to treat your employees so horribly. I can honestly say working for you was a traumatizing experience.

6. Understaffed, overworked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at The Baddish Group full-time

Pros

Since it is a small agency, employees have the opportunity to work on great projects. Great clients.

Cons

The agency does not charge enough for the service - as a result, employees are overworked and under paid. The agency set unreasonable expectations for work loads. The company cannot distribute work among employees as they cannot retain them. There is zero work-life balance.

7. You Can't Teach an Old Dog New Tricks

Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at The Baddish Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- money - money - money - money - honestly there are not 5 pros to working here

Cons

Laura Baddish is the sole owner and is the only person you will report to. Laura is extremely nasty and unprofessional. On my first day, she asked if I had an eating disorder, because I took lunch at 4 PM. This set the tone for the rest of my employment. This lady oversees and micromanages everything, even media lists. Laura does not have a filter and will say whatever she wants to you in front of the whole office. Every time Laura talks, it sounds extremely snappy, unpleasant and condescending. Her attitude is atrocious, negative and frankly speaking it just sucks. The whole time I was with Laura, I created lists, answered phones, fulfilled shipping orders, found her emails addresses, ran errands and created dropbox links. I wasn't writing AT ALL or pitching. Laura's strategies are all over the place and constantly rushed. You never know what you are going to be doing the next day. She will send you emails with little or no direction. Laura even admitted that she is horrible at explaining assignments and she makes you feel dumb for asking for more direction. She will verbally give you assignments across the room. The coworkers are sympathetic but not really helpful. Laura has been open since the 90's and her longest employee has been there one year. The person that had the job before me last three months and the person before that two weeks. The tipping point for me was when I met with an experienced headhunter. He told me that Laura is well-known within in the industry for being extremely nasty and he would not recommend anyone working for her. Also, he mentioned that having her name on my resume looked like a blemish. I wasn't gaining experience, hated the assignments and felt like horrible every day after work- to the point of tears. Needless to say, I quit and DO NOT regret it. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!

Advice to Management

We get it, you're the most knowledgeable about the spirit and beverage industry. Try to grow with your employees. Value the skills that they do bring to the agency. Treat your employees like assets and humans.

RSS Feed </> Embed