The Bair Foundation

www.bair.org

The Bair Foundation Reviews

Updated Jun 17, 2014
The Bair Foundation – Harrisburg – “The Bair Foundation Staff wear blue to show…”

Dr. Susan J. Miklos

A great place to work!

Caseaide (Current Employee) Harrisburg, PA

Pros-The people are great!
    -They treat their employees well!
    -They make the work environment a fun place.
    -The work is as advertised.

Cons-The compensation is low and the benefits are minimal.

Expected to perform 3 jobs at PT hrs/minimal pay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome nice people who care about why they are there; the foster parents

ConsNegative culture, top-down and bottom-up; high expectations without appropriate resources to meet/exceed goals; highly disorganized; technologically deficient (everything is still printed out and put in binders!)

Advice to Senior Managementstop giving bonuses to execs when you are shutting down locations, paying hard-working people $13/hr and local offices do not have resources to provide the highest level of service to this critical population

Do NOT work here.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsNot bad pay for position in comparison with other companies.

ConsUnfit Director, does not know how to manage an office or employees, has no knowledge of how the company works (paperwork, procedures, etc.).

Can't voice your opinion or concerns. Job is overwhelming, you just keep getting more and more work piled on you. You are expected to just smile as you slowly drown.

There is a reason why there are always 1-5 jobs available at this office. Currently there are 5 listed on the website. You've been warned.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach! If you really want to be a Christian organization, then stop the favoring some employees and bullying others. And give new hires real training! I haven't spoken to anyone that was formally trained when they were hired by Bair. It makes transitioning from old employees to new ones so difficult and tons of mistakes get made because you aren't trained to do your job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poorly managed, money hungry agency

Social Service Worker (Current Employee)

ProsLoved working with the children and families

Consrequired overtime hours without pay, on-call, poor supervision and management

Advice to Senior ManagementDecrease case loads, celebrate small accomplishments, bonuses for achievements

Not a Christian Organization

Social Service Worker (Former Employee) El Paso, TX

ProsMet wonderful people and the kids in foster care!

ConsPoor salary, long work hours with no flex time or compensation! Poor leadership from top supervisors.....plus more!

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to lead!!

Dedicated Ministry

Case Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsMinistering to children and families, doing the Lord's work. Getting kids out of unsafe environments and into loving families. Watching families form. Education benefits are available to get your master's, etc. Retirement and pension plans. Good health benefits. Coworkers pray for you. Lots of pot lucks!

ConsIt is hard seeing children be abused and neglected by their parents and guardians who are supposed to love them. This is an entry level position, but there is room for advancement. There is a lot of travel, but that is part of the job of being a case manager!

Don't practice what they preach

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe work is very rewarding

ConsHypocritical leadership. No growth opportunities

Excellent experience

In-Home- Therapist (Former Employee) Kent, OH

ProsHours are flexible as you basically set your own hours, Pay is adequate, supervisors are very approachable, Co-workers are helpful.

ConsPressure to meet meet min hours is high, Documentation exccessive for the time limits, Min hours are high for fulltime.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider reducing min hours for full time, reduction in amount of descriptive narration could be achieved by permitting interventions standardized times.

Worked for The Bair Foundation? Contribute to the Community!