The Bair Foundation

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Caseaide in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Caseaide in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at The Bair Foundation part-time

Pros

-The people are great!
    -They treat their employees well!
    -They make the work environment a fun place.
    -The work is as advertised.

Cons

-The compensation is low and the benefits are minimal.

Dissapointing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at The Bair Foundation full-time

Pros

The mission, and goals of the foundation

Cons

While I feel the national office is involved in all office, I don't feel they know what really goes on in individual offices.

Pay attention to who you hire, and be sure they treat your tenured employees with dignity and respect.

TBF is a deplorable company

Former Employee - Social Service Worker in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Social Service Worker in San Antonio, TX

I worked at The Bair Foundation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was lucky enough to work with a good group of coworkers and we really supported each other. There was one Social Service Worker Supervisor during my time there who was really great. The overwhelming workload, intensive paperwork, required long hours, and pitiful salary are all so horrible it makes your next job seem like a breeze.

Cons

They pay their Social Service Workers (Case Managers) salaries in order to use and abuse them and not have to pay overtime, and the salary is lower than state CPS workers or other private competitors. You will absolutely work at least 50-60 hours a week in order to keep your head above water. The paperwork is ridiculously intense, unsustainable, often times redundant and unnecessary, but state/national directors won't purge any of it as they see more paperwork/forms as some indication of their superiority in the social services field. If you work in the field until 8:00PM and ask to come in late the following morning you'll generally be told no by the director-of-the-moment. In my nearly two years there I saw at least five directors come and go - they all end up leaving due to unrealistic job expectations and when they do the regional/state directors talk negatively about them. The same goes from Social Service Workers - they barely make it six months due to unrealistic expectations and the regional/state/national directors refuse to look at the intensive staff turnover as something that their practices/policies are causing. I witnessed several veteran CPS Case Workers (CPS!) quit within their month or two of working at TBF. Regional/state directors push placing youth in homes at unsustainable rates, often running off good foster parents who are overwhelmed too quickly. Also, regional/state directors constantly pushed for the kids to be "leved" from Basic to Moderate (in order to receive more money from the State). TBF does all of this and more while maintaining how much of a "Christian" company they are.

I'm not even going to waste my time. Everything that was suggested while I was there fell on deaf ears.

unfavorable

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Richmond, VA

I worked at The Bair Foundation part-time

Pros

If you are desperate for a job and need the experience

Cons

favoritism no accurate supervision high employee turn over

hire managers that know how to supervise

Very draining and not very understanding

Former Employee - Foster Parent in Las Cruces, NM
    Former Employee - Foster Parent in Las Cruces, NM

I worked at The Bair Foundation as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The pay was good that was about it

Cons

Getting the staff to understand you position when it came to help with these children and turning a blind eye to the actions of the Biological family.

You Will Have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder After Working Here

I worked at The Bair Foundation full-time

Pros

Hire new social workers or those out of job market for awhile. Coworkers bond together and strong friendships develop.

Cons

The benefits are terrible. The salary is terrible for the hours they squeeze out of you. I onced figured my $13 hr went down to $8.50 after I factored in all the free overtime. Paperwork is ridiculous. On Call is a nightmare. It is almost a cult like setting. Those who believe believe unflinchingly that the policies and practices are just and right. The others look for a way of escape. Its hard to describe what goes on here. The upper management and kool aid drinkers also get on these websites and write positive reviews so that their ratings go up to potential applicants. They don't try to fix the problems. They try to fake the image. I guess that says it all. A Fake Image highly protected against exposure. That's just scary when you are talking about a foster care agency and a christian one at that!

This ant hill is too contaminated to fix because the people who need to fix it are making too much money on it the way it is. One day this agency will be shut down and the sooner the better

Expected to perform 3 jobs at PT hrs/minimal pay

I worked at The Bair Foundation part-time

Pros

Some nice people who care about why they are there; the foster parents

Cons

Negative culture, top-down and bottom-up; high expectations without appropriate resources to meet/exceed goals; highly disorganized; technologically deficient (everything is still printed out and put in binders!)

stop giving bonuses to execs when you are shutting down locations, paying hard-working people $13/hr and local offices do not have resources to provide the highest level of service to this critical population

Do NOT work here.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I worked at The Bair Foundation

Pros

Not bad pay for position in comparison with other companies.

Cons

Unfit Director, does not know how to manage an office or employees, has no knowledge of how the company works (paperwork, procedures, etc.).

Can't voice your opinion or concerns. Job is overwhelming, you just keep getting more and more work piled on you. You are expected to just smile as you slowly drown.

There is a reason why there are always 1-5 jobs available at this office. Currently there are 5 listed on the website. You've been warned.

Practice what you preach! If you really want to be a Christian organization, then stop the favoring some employees and bullying others. And give new hires real training! I haven't spoken to anyone that was formally trained when they were hired by Bair. It makes transitioning from old employees to new ones so difficult and tons of mistakes get made because you aren't trained to do your job.

Poorly managed, money hungry agency

Current Employee - Social Service Worker
    Current Employee - Social Service Worker

I have been working at The Bair Foundation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Loved working with the children and families

Cons

required overtime hours without pay, on-call, poor supervision and management

Decrease case loads, celebrate small accomplishments, bonuses for achievements

Not a Christian Organization

Former Employee - Social Service Worker in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Social Service Worker in El Paso, TX

I worked at The Bair Foundation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Met wonderful people and the kids in foster care!

Cons

Poor salary, long work hours with no flex time or compensation! Poor leadership from top supervisors.....plus more!

Learn to lead!!

The Bair Foundation Photos

The Bair Foundation Staff wear blue to show support for National Child Abuse Prevention Month

+ Add Photo