The Borenstein Group

The Borenstein Group Reviews

4.2

The Borenstein Group CEO Gal Borenstein
Gal Borenstein

Absolutely loved my experience!

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Intern in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Intern in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at The Borenstein Group as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Coming into my internship I had know idea what I was expecting or wanted out of this. I gained so much knowledge that I would never have gained otherwise. The management from day one was always there to guide me in the direction I wanted. I knew that if I had a question I didn't have to hesitate to ask. I loved the atmosphere of the office and the small number of employees truly made me feel like my input was needed! Will definitely be looking forward to applying in the summer of 2014!

Cons

My internship was unpaid. Having to have a second job while interning here was definitely hard. It meant putting in a lot of hours and not being able to give 100% at all times.

Wonderful team, energetic environment, engaging work

Current Employee - Copywriter
    Current Employee - Copywriter

I have been working at The Borenstein Group part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-The company has contributed to my growth since day 1
    -Involved CEO is always available to support and challenge me
    -Energetic, highly collaborative environment, have enjoyed working with the creative team to deliver top-notch materials for clients
    -Started as an intern and was given significant responsibility and the ability to prove myself, which translated into a job upon completion of the internship
    -Positive office energy, everyone is great to work with and a lot of fun
    -Solid research process to support strategy
    -Diverse client base keeps work interesting

Cons

-Slightly underpaid, limited to part-time when seeking full-time, but I am only able to work for the summer so this is somewhat understandable

Bring back the morning swirlie meetings! Was nice to all get on the same page about daily activities and build office community.

Fun culture, lots of laughs, really sharp creative and even better culture.

Former Employee - Contractor Consultant in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Contractor Consultant in Alexandria, VA

I worked at The Borenstein Group as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Pay was good. I was a busy communications contractor, so got to see the agency from the inside while having the freedom as a freelancer. What attracted me to the Borenstein Group was that it has less structure and a very cool way of bringing science into everything they do. The clients were not easy but became our champions which is not something I see often in many agencies where I free-lanced.

Cons

I wanted to join the team full time but they didn't have a position available. Don't know if that counts as a con, but if they can plan ahead next time, I think I'd probably stuck around even longer.

I think the culture and the talent is great. I am grateful for the opportunity and looking forward to getting a call back for a full time position when such opens.

This internship rocked, got me focused on my career in marketing!

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Intern in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Marketing Communications Intern in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at The Borenstein Group as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I came to get internship for credit for my school work. I was greeted on the first day of the internship by the CEO who made me a cup of hot chocolate (I don't drink coffee), and told me how everyone is important. This left me stunned as in my other internship, interns were not treated nicely. I was very overwhelmed as they threw me right into doing a dozen different things, from SEO to blog writing or participating in creating new market research analysis. And by the second week I was fully part of the creative agency team with really great set of peeps. It was the best internship I had and looking forward to applying for a job with them when I come back to Washington, D.C. Area.

Cons

I didn't really know what to expect as an intern, but they do expect a lot. I put more than the required twenty hours for credit because there was a lot of work to do. So, didn't get to have a lot of downtime. Also, my mac kept on crashing and I had to be my own detective on how to restart it, but these are really minor issues compared to the cons above. My internship rocked.

Left within 6 months

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at The Borenstein Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexibility and creativity within my role, benefits, salary and other employees. But- none of those things were strong enough to make me stay.

Cons

Upper management, time management, work life balance, and professionalism around the office. Everyday, I was unsure how the CEO would behave. Most employees lived in fear of him and/or losing their jobs. It was a toxic work environment to say the least.

When people leave for the day or go on vacation allow them to have personal time. Employees shouldn't be expected to follow up on emails at 9 pm at night (or later) or PTO.

Borenstein Group : Strong blend of creativity and strategic thinking

I have been working at The Borenstein Group full-time

Pros

Get to work on the latest and greatest technological innovations. Our clients are in information technology, defense, homeland security and aerospace. So we get to learn and create branding for cloud computing, software as service, and even intelligence surveillance technologies like video and aerostats.

Cons

Would like to see us diversifying our client base more beyond the traditional dc market so we can have opportunities to get clients in other industries. There are so many companies outside our region that need our help. We should be more proactive in reaching to them.

Open new offices outside DC area so I can move!

Family Oriented. Respectful. Creatively Chellenging.

I have been working at The Borenstein Group

Pros

I like working in a place where growth doesn't come at the expense of the individuals.

Cons

Learning curve is high if you don't know technology marketing

none

They know what they're doing. Solid work product.

I have been working at The Borenstein Group

Pros

The people. The clients. The creative environment.

Cons

Lots of Work. Not enough holidays.

Love the new office space.

The Borenstein Group-an Intelligent, engaging and adaptive agency.

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Fairfax, VA

I worked at The Borenstein Group

Pros

*They have high expectations and go beyond the call of duty with almost every customer.
    *They don't treat smaller companies different than larger companies, so you get to interact with a variety of client personalities and projects.
    *They do integrated marketing which means you get to experience writing, strategy and account management at all levels.
    *Mix of creative personalities keeps it interesting.
    *Insightful and use lots of good data to support creative ideation.

Cons

*Smaller agency, everyone can see everything.

One of the best agencies on the East Coast and one I'm proud to have called my home.

I worked at The Borenstein Group

Pros

Visionary leader in Gal Borenstein and an immensely talented team. Gal taught me everything I know and helped me on to great success in the industry. Couldn't ask for a better mentor or friend. I'd be honored to join forces with him again any day. Exceptional workplace that rewards creativity and smart strategy. Stellar work product. Great opportunities. A real gem of an agency.

Cons

Don't expect a free ride here. Gal takes pride in his craft and expects the same from his team. But if you're serious about living up to your full potential, you'll find great success and rich rewards at TBG.

Keep up the great work, Gal. You've built something very special, and you've got a lot of big fans! Cheers!

The Borenstein Group Photos