The Boss Group

Updated December 10, 2014
Updated December 10, 2014
3.4

CEO

Staffing Firms could learn a lesson from The BOSS Group.

I have been working at The Boss Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I would say the best part about working for this company is their values. This company cares about their workers, their work life balance and wants everyone to succeed. From our process of vetting talent for clients to life in the branches, this company is the best out there. The benefits for internal staff are great and the company is on its way up in growth (40 to a goal of 100Million). I personally have had a great experience here so far because I started out as a entry level employee at a branch and within 5 months I was promoted to corporate. This company really does care about its talent, clients and employees. I can't wait to see what the future holds for The BOSS Group.

Cons

I honestly have nothing negative to say.

Keep doing what you're doing!

GREAT Company with unlimited growth and earning potential

I have been working at The Boss Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My experience with BOSS has been very positive. During my four years as an internal employee, I have been given opportunities to grow both from a personal and professional level. From day one you’re provided with world-class training, mentorships and coaching from a passionate leadership team and peer group. The culture is very much a work hard play hard environment. As in any staffing company its competitive, the difference being that at BOSS, everybody works as a team. You are asked to live the 4 core values, work hard and help others become “A Players”.

They offer great benefits in the form of sabbaticals starting after 3 years of service, casual dress and summer Fridays. With leadership’s vision to be a leader in the market space, BOSS offers unlimited growth and earning potential. If you are passionate about staffing, helping others and being part of a growing company, BOSS has A LOT to offer!

Cons

There is very little outside training offered and additional feedback is always welcomed.

Great learning experience, glad I'm no longer there

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at The Boss Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great work life balance, a lot of fun things that occur in the office, great parties

Cons

Leadership questionable, not a lot of development career wise

Extend management opportunities to more than friends and family. Really evaluate team culture and company values

Recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Boss Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The casual office environment that promotes from within, the types of jobs you work on are interesting and challenging. Their work/life balance, PTO and Summer Fridays are perks. If you like a smaller "family type" work environment this place can be for you. The customer service is better than competitors - and they a bit more ethical too. Has a good sister company that provides a lot of data to the creative industry which aids Boss in winning more business.

Cons

Lots of nepotism/favoritism which is APPARENT and disappointing. It is a constant struggle of The Boss Group to keep up with the leaders in the creative staffing industry. Base salaries are sickeningly low compared to industry standards. Goals are overboard and sometimes there are so many factors beyond your control (IE a client doesn't use Boss bc of the high bill rate or you lose a contract with a client).

Stop opening branches, close the ones not making it, and focus on the branches that are producing. People do not know who Boss is, they are not a national brand. The emphasis on assessments as a selling point is overboard, 75% of clients do not care!! Turnover is high, you so heavily tie people to their goals, when there are many contributing factors out of the employees control, including your high bill rates. Clients ultimately want talent at the lowest price.

Turnover is incredible here

Former Employee - Recruiter in Iselin, NJ
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Iselin, NJ

I worked at The Boss Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

they pay their executives a lot and the execs seem to happy and content. The exec's act like they care about the temp workers and branch employees buts it's MLM.

Cons

they pay everyone else below market. Every creative knows that this is the last resort. If you work for the Boss Group you are unskilled and desperate. They pitch you, as if, they are creative and technical experts. Laughable.

Turnem all Over and start over. Good concept but your management is only concerned with their paychecks. stop finger pointing

Excellent company: experts at matching employee skills to meet the employer's needs!

Current Employee - Graphic Designer/Copy Editor in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer/Copy Editor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at The Boss Group as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Freelancing, but better--they screen the clients, handle the payroll taxes and billing; you get to work with top-notch clients that respect and utilize your abilities.Lots of great placements, at companies that are doing interesting work. Provides a variety of experiences, long- and short-term as desired, with the safety net of working for an agency that provides excellent pay and access to benefits.

Cons

The only real drawback is that you only work when there is a client who needs you--just like freelancing on your own. In this slow economy, times are tough for everyone.

BOSS Group Not a fair company

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at The Boss Group as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

When you are on the sidelines with out work they work for you to find you a job and place you!

Cons

Many con's such as 1). They underpay the freelancer below industry standards. 2). When holidays come around around if you want a vacation good luck they don't care. Work 1500 hrs within a 52 week pd, just to get holiday pay? And if you move to another job it starts all over again. 3). If you are unhappy with your present job they refuse to find you something else. 4). they don't work for you when you tell them your ending one job please find me another.

Use a paid time off accumulation. If you work so many hrs, it goes either to vacation holiday sick or personal. Pay a decent wage, my degree cost 80,000 grand. Work for your talent, don't treat them as something to fill a hole.

Don't waste your time

I have been working at The Boss Group

Pros

You will have plently of time to look for real work.

Cons

There will be a lot of "carrot dangling" here until you finally realize that these guys are not doing their jobs as recruiters. I'm not even sure if the jobs they claim they have are real. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time.

Don't make the claim of being creative recruiters.

Great company that truly cares about its people.

I have been working at The Boss Group full-time

Pros

Culture and opportunity for advancement. If you work hard here you will be recognized. Benefits are great too! Very generous vacation time, health benefits are stellar and casual attire.

Cons

No company is perfect. The BOSS Group truly does care about its people.

Very helpful in finding a job

I have been working at The Boss Group as a contractor

Pros

Very fast in finding me a position

Cons

I do not have any cons as yet

The Boss Group Photos