The Bozzuto Group

The Bozzuto Group Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2014

The Bozzuto Group CEO Tom Bozzuto

Tom Bozzuto

Pros:
  • "Senior management is great at recognizing the entry level sales employees"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Fast promotions, flexible schedules, great benefits"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Working weekends and holidays isn't the greatest but you know that going into it"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Really nothing other than there needs to be more resources to help a Property Manager become a Regional Manager"
    in 12 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

All Promises are Kept!

Leasing Manager (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsBozzuto is a vibrant company with tons of opportunity and flexibility! I have never had any issues with needing time off and there is a strong sense that work-life balance is important. They promise growth and opportunity, and for me, that promise has been kept. I was promoted within one year and have been treated extremely well by all levels of management. I hope to continue my career with Bozzuto for years to come.

ConsStarting as a Sales and Marketing Associate, the salary may seem low, but the monthly leasing bonuses do make a world of difference!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Great company - no complaints!

Greenbelt, MD

ProsI think Bozzuto really hires some of the friendliest, most genuine people I've come across. I have the opportunity to work with people from nearly every department in the company, and they are all wonderful. Senior leadership, including the partners and owners, are all very approachable and visible throughout. This is a company with a strong vision! Bozzuto also offers a great work/life balance, and holds fun events for their employees.

ConsNo complaints yet, and I haven't heard too many either. The only con I can think of is that the company only exists in the northeast and mid-Atlantic, so if you are looking to work on the west coast or overseas, Bozzuto won't be able to provide those opportunities.

Great Place To Work and Unequaled Corporate Culture

Senior Management (Current Employee)
    Greenbelt, MD

ProsBozzuto is a company that lives by its core values of Concern, Creativity, Passion and Perfection as an achievable goal. These values aren't words that make a nice advertising piece but instead are the principles which top to bottom, the organization follows daily. Sounds hokey but it is true. This is a company you can be proud to work for and associated with. You are empowered to do the right thing, take care of the customers and work hard to be the best. A great career company for those looking to settle down with an organization.

ConsYou are expected to give your best at all times. Not really a con but for someone looking to just collect a paycheck, this is not the place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork-life balance is always a challenge and more of an individual decision than a company initiative but social interaction remains very important and should continue to be facilitated.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Am I dreaming? The Bozzuto company culture is really something I can connect with. It's not just talk.

Washington, DC

ProsLeadership seems to trust those below and allow us to do our very best job with some of the latest technology.

ConsWe are growing so fast, we are running out of office space at the corporate HQ.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep the technology coming and let everyone have access to it. Especially the maintenance teams. Help us pay for our additional schooling at local universities and junior colleges. Employees will be very loyal and better equiped for today modern business settings.

An excellent company to be a part of...

Property Manager (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsOne of the best things about working for a company like this one is that it's young and always high energy. I don't feel like because I'm great at my job that I'm an odd-ball out. It makes the experience a lot more challenging, and in return, a lot more rewarding.

ConsIt's difficult to really point out an outstanding con. As mentioned in some earlier reviews, Bozzuto typically pays a little less than other companies in your base salary, but you more than make up for it with commissions and bonuses. I believe they pay less because there's a lot of people working in different departments helping you do your job.

Great Company, Great Culture

Greenbelt, MD

ProsThis is a company that is committed to it's core values more than any I have ever worked for. The company continues to grow at a rapid pace yet maintains a deep concern for the welfare, satisfaction and engagement of its employees.

ConsNo company is perfect but the desire to create the best possible work environment for everyone is half the battle.

Very bad experience at dysfunctional NJ property

Sales and Marketing Associate (Former Employee)
    Newark, NJ

ProsWorking close to home. Nice residents at the property.

ConsVery bad property manager. The assistant property manager at my location is unstable emotionally. She is lazy, nasty, argumentative and very vindictive. Working with those two women was a nightmare. They ruined the atmosphere in the office and created a very hostile working environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementConduct exit interviews with employees that have either resigned or have been terminated. Have a competent regional manager visit the properties on a regular basis and have meetings with the entire property staff. This company needs not to be so liberal in its views; hiring and promoting mostly minorities and gays. Promoting minority women and gays is fine if they are competent; which is NOT the case with Bozzuto.

Good Starter, but that's all it is. Just a start.

Sales and Service Associate (Current Employee)
    Greenbelt, MD

Prosgood benefits package, flexibility to learn, but nothing much else.

ConsNo room for growth. A job that is disrespected, especially as an entry-level employee. You don't have a sense of accomplishment working here. You're just another drone.

Advice to Senior Managementjust the nature of the business. company is running fine.

Best Places to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe Bozzuto Group strives to make the workplace a family atmosphere. It is polished professional and but also provides the staff opportunity to work together as a team to meet the company goals.

ConsThe policies and procedures set by the corporate office are not always followed at the property level which causes unnecessary conflicts within and between departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollowup with managers to make sure corporate mandates are being implemented.

Bozzuto is a wonderful place to work!

Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCompetitive Pay with a great bonus structure.
    Supportive Management
    Supportive colleagues

ConsThe company is very large and growing so fast that is difficult to meet people within the company.
    Training is challenging because there are always new people coming on and people being promoted to other sites so if you are new its DIFFICULT.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide an Operations training for your new managers.
    It would be nice if we had better on site training for new hires.

Worked for The Bozzuto Group? Contribute to the Community!

The Bozzuto Group Videos

The Bozzuto Group – Why Work for Us?

Best Places to Work We are honored that the Washington Business Journal named us one of the “Best Places to Work” in the greater Washington, D.C. area six times and five years in a row… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Bozzuto Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Bozzuto Group CEO Tom Bozzuto. All 102 reviews posted anonymously by The Bozzuto Group employees.