The Breeden Company

Updated Jun 11, 2014

Not yet rated.

Ramon W. Breeden, Jr.

Leasing Specialist

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat co-workers in a family-like environment. If you work hard you can make a lot of bonus money!

ConsSome apartments building are old and falling apart. Management above the regional property managers are unrealistic about the the goals they set.

Management is so disorganized. All employees are overworked

Property Manager (Current Employee) Virginia Beach, VA

ProsYou get a free phone so they can contact you at all times. You are usually off on Sundays unless your property is doing bad and your occupancy is in the tank. They get you tickets to the TBA picnic.

ConsTheir training is disorganized and mostly non existent. They literally just expect you read this binder for training that covers 10% of your job. Instead of training they would rather hire mystery shoppers and call you to see if you are reading their phone script. Don't expect any support or encouragement from your regional manager. You will only hear from her when something is wrong. Do your research on your regional manager. You have your choice from someone who seems nice at first but has no idea what is going on and knows nothing about the business, another person who is known to micromanaged you to death, one other that governs most of Virginia Beach and I hear shes strict and will stress you out to the point of quitting and then two more I dont know too much about. They have been known to set people up for failure from the start. Your pay is a very low hourly and bonuses. Bonuses are leasing bonuses (usually $50 for each move in which you may have to split if someone else answered the phone or vice versa) renewal bonuses (their renewal bonuses are split with all of the staff including maintenance which I think is actually a good thing) and then a property bonus if you're lucky. The property bonus will be paid only if you make budget but they make the budgets too insane that you can't spend a penny on the actual property. Water pipes bursting, city charging too much in sewage or roof needs major repair, that will go against your budget and guess what? no property bonus for you. They budget for the least amount possible. No growth opportunity whatsoever. They only promote the people they like.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a training program immediately! It is unacceptable that there is no training program for new employees. Revisit your bonus program.

Do you enjoy cleaning toilets in a suit? Work for Breeden!

Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) Virginia Beach, VA

ProsLeasing Agents received monthly bonus checks and they typically weren't bad. The Breeden Company offers a very small discount off your monthly rent.

ConsMy regional manager had me crawl on the floor and pick up centipedes off the carpet while she pointed out cobwebs in a corner of a vacant apartment. It's an hourly position and they schedule your lunches. If you work overtime, you will be criticized if you ask to take your comp time. You are required to memorize a phone script verbatim. Moreover, you are recorded and graded on every call you receive. You work Saturdays alone and sometimes are able to use the bathroom in between tours. And don't forget, the mandatory hour of cleaning every morning in your suit!

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should be spend less time secret shopping their properties and more time helping their properties. If the employees were happier, Breeden would face much less turnover.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The revoling door need to stop.

Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) Virginia Beach, VA

ProsThe company had great benifits.

ConsFeeling pressured of being written up if things aren't done like the supervisor would have done them.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood help is hard to fine,you should respect your employees good judgement and relize that different people do things in different ways.

Well established company with ability to groq

Property Manager (Former Employee) Virginia (South Africa)

ProsGrew and learned business from accounting to property management

Consrepetitive work, does become stagnate when seeking advancement

Worked for The Breeden Company? Contribute to the Community!