The Bridge

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Barbara Hayes

Great Benefits from 1199 union. Zero salary and/or pay increases

Residence Counselor (Current Employee)

I have been working at The Bridge full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFlexible hours, great warm staff, benefits and job stability

Consvery very very low salary, have not had a salary increase in years, add on a lot of tasks for no pay increases. Trainings are mandatory however, no salary increase for completion.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe management should give regular salary increases. Night differential should be given to all night staff. Getting a bachelors or masters degree should allow for higher salary not $250 increase on your annual salary for associates degree and $500 increase on your annual salary for bachelors. No increase for masters dependent on position. More diverse employees. Higher standards for employment. Senior staff should be employed with more than just GED's there are no high standards for this position. Area directors should have more than a bachelors degree in unrelated fields. There are quite often times where staff in senior positions are brought into the agency with little or absolutely no experience because of a friend that is currently employed. Managers in the residences are not closely monitored and also bring their friends and family into the agency with no experience.

The Bridge pay their residential counselors and case manager nothing because they look at us as a dime a dozen.

Residential Counselor (Current Employee)

I have been working at The Bridge full-time for more than 8 years

Prosthe clients are great to be around

Consthe pay makes us all want to either quit or go on strike

Advice to Senior Managementpay your employees correctly. its suppose to be pay based of level of housing and that is not the case. Staff hasn't had a raise in four years. and stop looking down on the residential counselor because they do most of the hard work and give us back out staff appreciation party back we haven't had one of them in about 5 years. also management needs to stop letting their staff try to grow because of their personal feelings towards them. Stop looking at the residential counselor and case manager as just a dime a dozen (as the human resource department calls us)

A great place to start a career and learn basic skills of Case Manager working with people with mental illness

Case Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at The Bridge full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAbility to move up within the company

ConsLow pay rate , company doesnt pay into many of the 1199 offered programs.

Best Social service agency in the area

Residential Counselor (Current Employee)
Worcester, MA

I have been working at The Bridge

Prosexcellent training, good benefits, nice coworkers

Consnot too many cons, I suppose pay could be better, but in line with the field

Frustrating organization, but occasionally rewarding.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Bridge

ProsThe Bridge has a fantastic mission and focus on serving teens in Georgia. I truly enjoyed working with the kids, sponsors and the staff.

ConsIn the past two years, The Bridge has been unable to respond appropriately to state legislative changes in human services. It might not be the right direction to go in, but the organization has little to no control over these circumstances.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice would be to look strongly at where the state is moving in health and human services and seek out opportunities in that arena as opposed to hanging on to an antiquated model.

Worked for The Bridge? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Bridge reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Bridge CEO Barbara Hayes. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by The Bridge employees.