The Budd Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Joseph R. Budd

Interesting

Concierge/Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsThe best reason to work here was the people i worked for , very nice and respectful, considerate, and easy to get along with, and since i am a people person and a problem solver, it was very easy for me.

ConsThe challenges were to be attentive, Professional and do the work based on your rules, and regulations, or you could be taken for granted and be unprofessional and get into trouble easily. The people were nice and giving and very conversational.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways care about your people that are working hard, and always let them know they are appreciated. It takes a server to become a leader.

A learning experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe best thing about working here ,was the wealth of knowledge I acquired. I became aware of all the,operations, management, and sales of the company.

ConsThe challenges,as with any company, were dealing with clients and their demands.on occasion, staff was less than productive.Scheduling was difficult at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive responsibilities to those who are Trust worthy, not those that are dishonest.

I was over worked, and did not recieve any of the promises that were made to me. I had to fight for everything I got.

Landscaping Division (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsThe only training I received was from one individual, and he was great, but he did not last long at this company. I enjoyed working with my clients.

ConsThey did not "do what they said they were going to do" and did not provide ANY support to those who did the right thing and worked hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should listen to the second tier managers that are the front line of your company. They have a lot of knowledge and do not get any recognition or advancement opportunities. Go back to the mission statement and review what Richard built the company on. It is not heading on that track.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unfounded accusations

Security Officer-unarmed (Former Employee)
    Greenville, SC

ProsThe SLED training was well presented
    Good friendship among employees [helping and encouraging]

ConsNo compassion between employees and management
    inefficient payrole
    Unfounded Accusations
    No Arbitrations
    poor choices of management
    Company will not supply uniforms
    -employees expected to be in proper attire in unseasonable weather
    Falsely representation of themselves in advertising
    Upper management cannot choose good regional directors
    Inadequate staffing

Advice to Senior ManagementCORRECT the Above Problems!
    Do NOT mistake fortitude for management skills

Worse Company on Earth!

Security Officer (Current Employee)
    Greensboro, NC

ProsNONE It is just a horrible company to work for. I have been with them for years and at my current site I have seen over 60 people come and go. You are mistreated to an extreme. No one is happy that works for them.

ConsThey are just giant bullies wanting their employees to fail. They dont allow their site managers any hiring or firing power yet blame them when they hire someone not capable of completing the task. You never receive any advancement or raise when asked they say they dont give raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire new management for your Greensboro location.

good

Security (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

Prosit alright to work at budd group

Consnot tell you what to do at the job.

Advice to Senior Managementthat did not happen

Uneventful and lacking in feedback

Security Officer (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsThe Budd Group mainly has very nice posts for their security personnel. Paychecks are right on the money and on time.

ConsThere is no system of feedback at The Budd Group. No raises, no reviews, just bad news whenever you see a supervisor...IF you ever see one. They way that you are talked down to is amazing seeing that the job is already low paying and has a low level of satisfaction and a high turnover rate. The communication is probably the worst out of any other company that I have ever seen. They have a good model but are inept at directing it. Stay away if you can help it.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication should definitely become a focal point for The Budd Group. Your officers are your assets, not your property. Provide more oversight and team building goals for the management and officers to learn to rely on each other in key situations and treat each other with respect, because there is already 0 respect for the security field in society so why would I want to continue coming to work if I continue to get no respect internally.

Not bad, but not really a future

Guard (Current Employee)
    Greensboro, NC

ProsThey leave you alone and let you work
    Good project managers
    Accurate pay, and on time with checks
    Paid Training

ConsNo future. Unless someone is a project manager or works in account management, there is no real opportunity for advancement. This job is just an extra source of income.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being honest, and continue to leave the employees alone. This is the main reason I still continue to work there.

A rare culture and opportunity

Business Development Manager (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsHow many companies do you know that are honest, ethical, family-friendly, striving for excellence, debt free, and growing at over 10% a year in a down economy?

Well, thats The Budd Group

ConsWe are still working on our processes, but ahead of most of the industry

Advice to Senior ManagementWork diligently on building a bench and career paths for winners

so far a good experience

Prosflexible so can work around other commitments

Consright now i can't really think of any

Worked for The Budd Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Budd Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Budd Group CEO Joseph R. Budd. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by The Budd Group employees.