The Buller Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

The Buller Group Founder & CEO Rob Buller

Rob Buller

Working for The Buller Group has been a rewarding experience.

Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsWorking for The Buller Group has taught me how a company should treat their employees. We are respected and rewarded for the hard work we do on a daily basis. Management is always open to employee thoughts and suggestions.

ConsI have not experienced a downside of working with the Buller Group. My experience has only been a positive one.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe advice I have for leadership is to continue running the company how it has been run. Management has done a great job and continue to promote growth and leadership in their employees.

Surreal work environment/ HIGHLY questionable decision-making

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros"hands off" management style ideal if you are comfortable going 3 days in a row without doing any actual work. Compensation package more comprehensive than competition.

ConsInvests money in 3D TV and recruiting toys rather than incentive programs for employees. Seems more concerned with giving appearance of success than actually attracting clients and fostering success. Releases deceptive press releases (see "The Buller Group, LLC Successfully Recruits Its 3000th Polygraph Candidate"). Nonexistent employee on-boarding program, meaningless meetings that get in the way of productive work, and huge pay disparity between Jr. and Sr. employees (in addition to lacrosse & non-lacrosse employees)...

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate onboarding for employees, focus on BD, Don't put all your eggs in one basket (subcontracting for highly competitive contract). Create career progression plans with employees to reduce turnover. Also, warn employees if mass lay-offs are coming so they aren't caught blindsided...

This company takes eb and flow to the max..

Prosflexible time
    hands off management style
    team building perks
    time off
    Work with mainly very smart/capable people
    Start up feel/ exciting

Constotal lack of mentorship
    high school mentality
    Expect a very high level of commitment to the job and the company
    It seems that most decision makers aren't thinking about the ramifications of their promises
    instability
    Lack of diversity - cliques

Advice to Senior ManagementGet someone in there who actually knows the intel world/ defense market and nuances.
    Be realistic about opportunities.
    Have an on-boarding process that's more comprehensive.
    Start a mentoring program from day one
    Teach employees HOW to mentor, and why it's important.
    Do performance reviews, or give some sort of critical feedback.
    Be careful about the company culture change... extreme productivity is not the only thing to consider.
    Try not to be so obvious about your favoritism of lacrosse players, it alienates the rest of your staff

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Employer

Staff Recruiter (Current Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsThe Buller Group is perhaps one of the best employers I have ever worked for. This is the type of company you could work for your whole life and retire with. As a small to mid sized firm, they take pride in their employees and truly want them to own the company. The management team is fantastic and does a great job securing new contracts and keeping employees working on new and exciting projects. They empower their employees and encourage them to work hard and "move up the ladder". I could not be happier with my experience and how to be a part of this company for a long time.

ConsThere is only one downside that I can see working at The Buller Group which is overall communication in the firm. Many employees get to work from home so there is not a daily interaction and personal communication with your peers. Also, because of this, the main interaction you have with your co-workers is through email. However, Buller Group works hard to organize happy hours and social functions to help build an maintain a traditional workplace comradery.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! Also, as we grow, don't lose sight of the values and culture that differentiates us from other companies and makes us the best company in the DC-area.

One of only a handful of jobs where I actually enjoy getting up in the morning looking to everything I can accomplish.

ProsVery Smart people - Best and the Brightest
    Leadership knows what they're doing. Very creative and aggressive in challenging the market with a unique value offering.
    Great place to work. Fun and vibrant
    Great benefits, comp and professional development for a relatively small firm

ConsNothing negative. Small firms that are successful like Buller Group go through growing pains like every company. Such hiccups, don't seem to get in the way of our teams being able to perform and deliver at high levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep your eye on where the business is going.

The Buller Group is an exciting and dynamic place to work!

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsThe Buller Group provides competitive pay, great management, consistent and thorough levels of communication, opportunity growth, and flexible working arrangements. The people are friendly and it feels like a "family" environment.

ConsThere is not a lot of training provided, so be ready to hit the ground running.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to provide the great level of communication and succeed with winning more business/contracts.

Worked for The Buller Group? Contribute to the Community!