The CBORD Group Reviews

They Give You a Shot!

Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Specialist  in  Ithaca, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Specialist in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time

Pros

-- Most positions are living-wage.

-- Will hire people without degrees, even if the Job Requirements may demand so. The company values job experience.

-- Growing company with many possibilities for advancement.

-- Many positions allow for frequent travel, should you wish to do so.

-- Genuine effort is made to provide good benefits (though it could be better).

-- Growth and Job experience is second to none. A job here will put you in position to advance in the company or seek advance employment elsewhere.

-- Reasonable office hours.

-- Main office is located in a business park which has an adjacent pond. Walks around the business park campus can be de-stressing.

Cons

-- Office politics can adversely affect evaluations.

-- Company was once privately owned. Since acquisition by a larger public corporation, the company is slowly losing some of it's once-excellent culture.

-- Company has cut back on opportunities to work from home or remotely (especially in support positions). The quest to increase productivity unfortunately hurts morale.

-- Base pay is below that of similar companies with comparable positions.

Find ways to increase efficiency and productivity without wiping out, or dramatically reducing, the things that can make a company fun to work for.

I learned so much and grew so much at CBORD.

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist II  in  Ithaca, NY
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist II in Ithaca, NY

I worked at The CBORD Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you like being busy and continuously learning and challenging yourself CBORD is the place to work. I worked there for 3 years and the environment and teamwork was unbeatable.

Cons

You must know how to multi-task and be responsible for your success and failures. Confidentiality is a must working with their high profile clientele.

Keep being a caring and family oriented environment. "Treat your employees like they matter and they will"...You already know this tho, because you treated me great and had faith in me and with this I grew and learned more than even I knew I could.

Top heavy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Ithaca, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

there are a lot of caring, dedicated employees and great clients. Ithaca is a cool place to live

Cons

Too many managers. Some departments have more managers than employees with each employee reporting to someone different. No paid training. Raises barely cover cost of living increases.

Take a long hard look at some of your management and cut the dead weight. Invest in training and development.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

southwest account manager

Former Employee - Southwest Account Manager  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Southwest Account Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

supportive to giving you the tools to be successful

Cons

location, thats all, none other, fine, happy

none

No longer customer-focused company.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Ithaca, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

I worked at The CBORD Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I would say their greatest assest is their great employees - they have really good people working for them.

Cons

The Management Team needs a major overhaul.

Listen to your employees and your customers.

Wonderful CBORD experience

Current Employee - Training  in  Ithaca, NY
    Current Employee - Training in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Diverse individuals that work for and play hard a great group of people

Cons

No cons with this job

Software Development Intern

Former Employee - Software Development Intern  in  Ithaca, NY
    Former Employee - Software Development Intern in Ithaca, NY

I worked at The CBORD Group as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Very nice Manger.Everybody know each other by first names.warm welcome. Appreciating and acknowledging

Cons

It was internship so don't know about benifits.

I feel both valued and valuable here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Ithaca, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

One of the best things about this company is that everybody is willing to listen to each other, and constructive input is always accepted and considered even if it comes from other departments. The corporate policies foster a friendly and co-operative environment, allowing new employees to feel at home very quickly - which in turn maximizes everyone's productivity.

Cons

In my opinion, we too often operate on a 'slow and steady wins the race' philosophy - which has certainly positioned us well, but it would behoove us to go for the grand slam at times, rather than being content to hit singles all day long.

While co-operation is strong here, I believe we still have some employee-specific skills and knowledge going to waste - let's continue to build solid internal communication so that we've exhausted internal possibilities and resources before we outsource any projects.

We got screwed out of overtime pay, and then we got screwed out of being compensated for it

Current Employee - Systems Support  in  Ithaca, NY
    Current Employee - Systems Support in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of time on the road

Cons

Didn't get paid for most of the time on the road. No pay for travel time or workdays longer than 12 hours (which were the norm). The position couldn't legally be a salaried job, so the company got sued and decided to only back-pay employees for the last year- meaning those of us who got screwed prior didn't get one red cent.

Pay up.

Management Hasn't a Clue! Employees Suffer.......

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Ithaca, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

I worked at The CBORD Group

Pros

The people, as in the WORKERS and very few members of management, are the best part of this company.

There is some flexibility when it comes to personal time, but that completely depends on the department you work in and who you report to.

They are in a convenient location, a nice business park, they have parking available for employees and there are scenic trails to walk during the day.

If you are in Sales, IT, or Development you have a good thing going.
    The management in IT is stellar, they have one of the best groups within the entire organization. The staff are friendly, and helpful.
    The salespeople are treated well. They are compensated even better. If you can live with constant travel and if you are good at selling, then your career can be worthwhile at this place.

Cons

The turnover rate is ridiculously high. People come and leave so quickly it is impossible to build strong relationships between departments.

There is little to no communication within the organization. Departments rarely are able to work together in a way that makes sense for the big picture.

Management does not listen.

There is so much tension and drama within various departments it is impossible to get work done without having to deal with juvenile problems. He said, she said, finger pointing and blame games are all to often a daily occurrence. The mentality of many departments is that of a junior high setting. Immature.

They do not fully staff departments, with Billing being their biggest problem. The customer base has grown tremendously over the last 5 years, the staff has diminished. They demand superior customer service, yet treat the employees as if they are not important. Many times management hasn't a real clue as to what the processes and procedures are, as they only view things from high level.

Salary is poor. Very poor. In comparison to similar companies their pay is like minimum wage. Throw in the cost of their benefits and you are working for pennies. Management expects workers to just "have faith" in raises and better times, as if everyone makes the salary of a VP or Director.

The VP's and Directors are so out of touch with reality it's demeaning to even try to talk to them. They just don't get it. They claim there is an Open Door Policy yet, that is only when you have POSITIVE feedback. They don't want to hear NEGATIVE feedback as they refuse to acknowledge that there are problems that need to be fixed.

It has been voiced and made clear that everyone is replaceable. Like it or leave it. It doesn't matter if you are an employee of 20 years, 10 years or 5 months...if you don't like "The CBORD way" then there is the door and you should not let it hit you on the way out.

The retain employees that are of no use to the company. Many employees joke that in order to get hired you simply have to fog up a mirror to show you are breathing and you are qualified...

Meetings! There are so many meetings, that could actually be quite helpful to the company and the daily processes, if the ideas were ever actually carried out.
    They ask for the input of the people who DO the work and then they fail to deliver.
    It is EXPECTED to be 100% there for the customer, but the company can't be there 100% for the employees. It's a joke.

The Accounting/Billing Department is TOXIC. The management within this department is atrocious. There is a reason the company relocated their department and put them in a completely different building than the rest of the company. If you are looking for an accounting job, or a role in billing, you may want to reconsider your options. The accounting and billing staff could excel and do well for the company if they had better leaders. But until that happens, this part of the organization will continue in a downward spiral.

Human Resources is NOT there to protect the EMPLOYEES. At all. Ever. If you were to poll the company you would find that more than 50% don't trust, take seriously or even count on HR to be a worthwhile department.

Overhaul and restructure.
    Stop turning a blind eye to the management/employee abuse and the employee to employee abuse. Listen to your workers! It is THEM not YOU that make this company successful and attractive to your customer base.
    Wake up. You are not JUST losing valuable employees....you are LOSING customers. They feel the effect of unhappy employees. Overworked employees. Underpaid employees. If you don't care about your employees, you can't expect them to care about your customers.
    Really pay attention to what is going on in your Accounting/Billing department - the entire company jokes about them. The morale is so low.

Make CBORD a company that people are proud to work at again. Not a joke. Unless you like preparing people to leave and get better jobs elsewhere. As that what seems to be the norm these days. Perhaps a revolving door would make more sense as your main entry......

Worked for The CBORD Group? Contribute to the Community!