The CDM Group

The CDM Group Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

The CDM Group Chairman and CEO Ed Wise

Ed Wise

Pros:
  • "Lots of structure, very smart people at different levels, and high motivation to produce solid work"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Hard-working, smart teams - day-to-day nice people"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Intense rivalries and internal politics distract the senior management from actually running the business"
    in 8 reviews
  • "No respect for the work/life balance"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A great place to work that places a premium on employee happiness and great work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProfessional and cheerful environment, leadership dedicated to employee and client satisfaction. Value work-life balance. Management active in making it a great work environment. Lots of internal advancement opportunities. Company does not tolerate unprofessional behavior.

ConsCompany is distributed logically and geographically which makes communication sometimes a bit difficult although that's often true at any larger company. Beyond that I have nothing negative to say.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. It's a special place.

Strong culture

ProsGreat group of people who are passionate about making CDM the best agency it can be. Great work, smart people, high standards and expectations.

ConsNot everyone can meet the standards that are set, and that is not a bad thing.

Company encourages employee growth through cultivating a culture of learning and new, interesting thinking.

Princeton, NJ

ProsSmart people in a great environment where learning is encouraged. Leadership is concerned with providing high quality work AND is interested in staff personally. You feel that people really care about helping you build your career here.

ConsNot located in NYC. Great energy, but located outside major metro area. If you don't need to be right in the city, it's hard to beat CDM Princeton.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to work hard, be acknowledged and do good.

Senior Vice President (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsWork (for the most part) with very smart, talented, creative, hardworking and nice people. Senior Leadership is accessible, approachable and open. Lots of opportunity for growth. The CDM Group is a growing, successful and profitable group of Agencies. Bonuses, time off between Christmas and New Years. Annual Summer and Holiday Parties. Recently most of the Agencies gave their staff new I-Pad mini's or I-Pad airs including the Shared Services teams (Finance, Facilities, HR and Business Development)!!! Internal and external training available. Free fruit (apples, oranges, bananas etc) and lots of coffee options. We also have a "Good Works Day", support the art program for sick kids at Children's Hospital at Montifiore with both monthly excursions of staff to go do arts and crafts with sick kids and an we coordinate an Industry wide annual fundraiser to pay for the program coordinators at Montifiore. AHA is another big cause that we support with a variety of programs,

ConsAs with any organizations there are things one would like to be different because of personal preferences. Every department is different. I often see people leave because they think the grass is greener somewhere else only to come back here. From my perspective this is a fabulous place to work.

A great place to work and advance.

Copy Supervisor (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGood accountability structure, good pay, plenty of time off.

ConsThere are no downsides. Unless you hate New York City.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Overall Positive Experience

ProsGreat company culture, a lot of mobility within the company, everyone is extremely friendly, motivated, and dedicated to the company.

ConsThere are some departments that are better to work in than others, some departments get better exposure to upper management than others.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Good company. Strong leadership

Account (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsHigh quality work for clients

ConsOften too driven by the long time employees and cliques

Feels like home

Art Director (Current Employee)
    Princeton, NJ

ProsHighly collaborative, highly creative, highly challenging and highly rewarding. Can't imagine working anywhere else.

ConsNone that I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing to greatness.

Overall very good company

Medical Copy Editor (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsPrioritizes training and in-house promotion. Lots of opportunity for career development.

ConsIt's advertising--short notice overtime, weekend work, can be very demanding deadline work. If the client needs it, you do it. But it pays overtime so there is opportunity for significant extra money.

An great agency with even better people.

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsCDM's values of Substance, Style, Conviction, & Grace truly emanate from the top down.

ConsSometimes the extended tenure of senior managers limits creative potential.

Worked for The CDM Group? Contribute to the Community!

The CDM Group – Why Work for Us?

The CDM Group is a collection of leading healthcare advertising and communications services organizations. We serve the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries with more than 1,000 talented… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The CDM Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The CDM Group CEO Ed Wise. All 84 reviews posted anonymously by The CDM Group employees.