The CDM Group

The CDM Group Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

The CDM Group Chairman and CEO Ed Wise

Ed Wise

Pros:
  • "Lots of structure, very smart people at different levels, and high motivation to produce solid work"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Hard-working, smart teams - day-to-day nice people"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Intense rivalries and internal politics distract the senior management from actually running the business"
    in 8 reviews
  • "No respect for the work/life balance"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Top-heavy company buried in politics

Princeton, NJ

ProsOpportunities to work on myriad brands and projects alongside young talent

ConsLittle to no support, particularly from the top down. HR is absent, certain departments favored over others (eg, creative and account). Lack of opportunity for career advancement despite senior leadership continuing to receive promotions and praise.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart appreciating and rewarding your masses before they all jump ship.

Consultant

Presentation Specialist Consultant (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsPleasant and efficient front desk, cute dog.

ConsOverall bad experience. If you like long hours, little or confusing direction, uncomfortable working conditions, unpleasant people, and high turnover, this is the place for you. You never know from one minute to minute what your hours or days will be. Don't expect to have a life if you work there. The atmosphere appears friendly but it is all an act. Don't expect other employees to want you to succeed. I don't know about the rest of the company but Presentations is a nightmare. One job has been listed for years.

A great place to work that places a premium on employee happiness and great work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProfessional and cheerful environment, leadership dedicated to employee and client satisfaction. Value work-life balance. Management active in making it a great work environment. Lots of internal advancement opportunities. Company does not tolerate unprofessional behavior.

ConsCompany is distributed logically and geographically which makes communication sometimes a bit difficult although that's often true at any larger company. Beyond that I have nothing negative to say.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. It's a special place.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Strong culture

ProsGreat group of people who are passionate about making CDM the best agency it can be. Great work, smart people, high standards and expectations.

ConsNot everyone can meet the standards that are set, and that is not a bad thing.

Don't get stuck

ACD Creative (Former Employee)

ProsLots of structure, very smart people at different levels, and high motivation to produce solid work. It is easy to learn and grow up to a point.

ConsMass delusion at senior management level, and too much time is spent inventing new titles/honors for themselves than recognizing employees for their valuable contributions. Very bad pay for the amount of hours you are expected to work and a general sense that employees should be thankful for working there. They ask a lot of you, especially loyalty and commitment, without offering any of it in return. Eventually, most people learn that the agency leadership doesn't care about anyone but themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't think so highly of yourselves and recognize the value of people who contribute.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Sweet people, lowest paying in the industry

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

Pros- The people are all sweet, easy to get along with and in all, the people you work with are the best part of the job
    - Everyone here is very smart and works incredibly hard
    - Summer Fridays, great health insurance, bagel breakfast once a month, being able to purchase the company computers at a discounted price and training courses

Cons- Very buttoned up, and insanely strict on their process (mainly because this is HCP work and they have to be)
    - Strong culture, very much a "Drink the Kool-Aid" type of culture.
    - The workload is often crazy and time demanding (don't expect to get out of there before 8pm every night)
    - Creative is stale and un-original. Account often drives the creative. Not truly a "creative" shop.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe willing to take more risks, creatively, and start matching industry pay standards, especially since this is HCP work.

Company encourages employee growth through cultivating a culture of learning and new, interesting thinking.

Princeton, NJ

ProsSmart people in a great environment where learning is encouraged. Leadership is concerned with providing high quality work AND is interested in staff personally. You feel that people really care about helping you build your career here.

ConsNot located in NYC. Great energy, but located outside major metro area. If you don't need to be right in the city, it's hard to beat CDM Princeton.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

CDM New York

Intern (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGreat culture for an Advertising company.. start low but lots of room for advancement

ConsCompared to other advertising, pharma can be very stiff and boring

Exciting atmosphere, friendly people.

New York, NY

ProsThere is a very social, fun atmosphere which I liked but don't get me wrong, everyone works their tails off. At least in my experience. If you are energetic and outgoing this is a great fit. Good perks like inter-office parties and fitness discounts.

ConsUnfortunately, I was only freelance hoping to go full time but due to budget issues they had to let me go. Could be a bit disorganized and frantic at times.

Great place to work if you aren't in Account Management

Desktop Engineer (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGreat hours and people are nice

ConsManagement doesn't listen to employees

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and value the hard workers.

Worked for The CDM Group? Contribute to the Community!

The CDM Group – Why Work for Us?

The CDM Group is a collection of leading healthcare advertising and communications services organizations. We serve the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries with more than 1,000 talented… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The CDM Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The CDM Group CEO Ed Wise. All 84 reviews posted anonymously by The CDM Group employees.