The CSI Companies

Updated October 7, 2014
3.9

Rafe Sanson

Satisfied & Impressed

I have been working at The CSI Companies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly staff. With an open floor plan you can sometimes hear conversations that recruiters have with potential candidates. It's refreshing to hear positive conversations that end in laughter.

Cons

If on an hourly position, the timesheet process can be a tad bit frustrating. It's on real-time, and clocking in/out 4 times a day is a bit much. I recommend an iphone/android app to make the process easier.

I have worked at CSI roughly for 6 months. Relocating to a new state, there was a big apprehension on how my transition would be into a new work place. To my surprise it was a smooth and quite exciting transition. My coworkers, or then employees, were friendly, helpful and eager to add me to the team. Coming from a different background of work, I felt supported and even received guidance on any questions (small or big) that I had.
    It’s a shame to read some of the reviews that have made CSI to be a “boys club.” I don’t get that vibe at all. Although everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I’m here to express that CSI is a very fun and professional place to work. They say you’ll come across a few exciting jobs in your lifetime that you will never forget and this place will definitely be added to my list. I’ve also had the pleasure to visit another office and their employees were just as friendly, greeting me with a smile. One of our favorite quotes at CSI is Work Hard. Play Hard. We definitely are about business and respect one another while getting the job done. But we also have a friendly side with open communication and no one should feel like an outcast.

Boys Club, laziness rewarded... Competence ignored.

I worked at The CSI Companies

Pros

Some good people stuck working here. Really great to work with people in every division. Company hires on personality.

Cons

Immature management (particularly in professional division), boys club culture, company NOT growing, HR is a joke, UNSTABLE... Fear of position being eliminated is a constant for many. Company is a dead end job for anyone not in a Sales position or best friends with an executive. If you went to college, don't waste your time... You're probably better than this place.

Focus more on having a professional atmosphere and less on having a 'fun one'. Seeing a grown woman manager act like the leader of a high school popular girl clique is extremely disconcerting. Favoritism is a bad trait to have in management. Furthermore, please start asking yourself why a company this small needs the incredibly high amount of executives it does? If you really want to make money, trim the fat and start paying attention to what each of your six figure execs are actually DOING. Too much friendship among executives who report to other execs= zero accountability. Who would fire their best friend?

The CSI Companies Response

Oct 7, 2014VP of Marketing

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with CSI. Not everyone is able to enjoy success here, but I'm really pleased that we our turnover rate is way lower than the staffing industry average and we ... More

Great company in which to be employed!

Former Employee - Refunds Analyst/Clerical Support in Antioch, TN
    Former Employee - Refunds Analyst/Clerical Support in Antioch, TN

I worked at The CSI Companies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoyed the assignment, the intertnal staff are very professional and excellent to work with at all times.

Cons

There are no company employer assignments in Murfreesboro, TN.

Recruit companies in Murfreesboro, TN, in which to place staffing employees.

great place

I worked at The CSI Companies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

puts you to work fast

Cons

training, support promotions hours

Unstable Company that was the boys club

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at The CSI Companies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

potential to make good $

Cons

this company was founded by an individual who pretty much hired all of his high school friends. you're either in the club or you're not. The main office is literally a bunch of Kens and Barbies and is also one big incest pool. Also be prepared to work LONG hours.

need better training and professional environment

The CSI Companies Response

Oct 7, 2014VP of Marketing

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry that you had a poor experience working for CSI. We try hard to make this an inclusive environment for all employees and we hire people with all types of ... More

It was a mutual benefit to work with the CSI companies as a consultant.

I worked at The CSI Companies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work-life balance is excellent, paid time-off as a consultant is a plus after a year of service; 401 K options

Cons

There may not be contracts immediately available after completing an assignment with the company

Very Flexible!

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at The CSI Companies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great environment, flexible for women, encourage exercise and have personal trainer on site.

Cons

it's a job, there's always difficult people to work with. Luckily they're all external employees, all of the people in the office are generally great to work with.

Great Job, Great Company Culture, Great People.

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I have been working at The CSI Companies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

CSI offers a company culture that really allows you to grow to your full potential. Upper level management is always approachable and they're consistently investing in new resources and training for internal staff. True "Work Hard, Play Hard" environment. If you come to work, ready to go, and give 110% every day, it will be noticed and there's endless potential.

They also really care about our mental/physical health. There's always someone who you can go to if you need advice/a mentor, and we are heavily involved in charities and day-to-day fitness.

Best company I've ever worked for. Proud to be an employee here.

Cons

Long hours. It's up to you though, you can leave at the end of the day, or you can stay and earn more/grow faster.

My experience was above average, my communication with my recruiter was pretty decent.

Former Employee - Loan Processor in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Loan Processor in Richmond, VA

I worked at The CSI Companies as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The best reason would be their eagerness to resolve and problems you may have.

Cons

May not a wide variety of clients in all areas as far as finance

Monitor the client management of your employees better, be sure that the clients follow thru on their communication between you and your employee appropriately.

All the staff is great. They find you real employment in a very short amount of time.

Former Employee - CAE in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - CAE in Orlando, FL

I worked at The CSI Companies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great employment chances, top notch jobs and careers for all types (FT, PT, Contract, Seasonal), Agents have employees best interest, quick response time, one on one contact, weekly pay, top pay for employees

Cons

no insurance for full time employees

I still refer people to your agency. It would just be nice to have some type of insurance op