The Campus Special Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Worst experience ever in my life

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at The Campus Special full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no good pros about this company . All they do at the conference is give motivational speeches.

Cons

Guys make a better decision and move on to a better internship. This internship is a big fat joke. First they get you to go to a 'free' trip to chicago where you are literally have to study everything I mean everything in four days. Lets be real can you learn everything in four days? . Not only your life is a living hell there for four days in top of that wake up by 8 am everyday and spend a whole day in a hotel. I dedicated all my time and energy and passion because I love marketing, but this company is just a joke, yes you will hear a lot of NO'S from the owners but they are right. We have a better marketing medium here in our state then them. Your work will start from 9 am until 5 pm .I dont think so you literally have to work all day. No reimbursement for gas at all . And all you will be doing is wasting money. Guys I have been an intern before with another company and had so much fun with no pressure what so ever . An internship is a learning phase of your career where you learn, but this company will basically use you like a slave. Make a better decision guys and move on to a better opportunity. By the way all these reviews I'm certain are written by their employees. Be realistic!!! I hope all of you the best of luck .

Advice to Management

Stop selling hard working students dreams. Shut down your company please.

Internship Overview

Current Employee - Intern in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Intern in Miami, FL

I have been working at The Campus Special full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AMAZING AMAZING SUPPORT SYSTEM from your managers however your success is based NOT ONLY on effort but also on the city in which you are operating. In my experience, working on a team of 5 there were only 3 sales in the first 3 weeks, 2 of which were to renewal accounts. It is extremely difficult to work in a city where the product you are selling does not really work.

The career opportunities are amazing if you are working in the right area.

Cons

FOR THE WORK YOU ARE DOING THE PAY IS AWFUL, the amount of work that must be done outside of the 9-5 is extremely high

Advice to Management

there needs to be an adjustment to how the interns are paid...

3. With Campus Special, what you put into it is definitely what you get out of it

I worked at The Campus Special

Pros

- great management
    - good pay for an internship with great potential bonuses
    - networking opportunities
    - wonderful training experience in Chicago or Atlanta

Cons

- amount of miles driven daily

Advice to Management

keep it up!

Don't do it!

I worked at The Campus Special

Pros

People skills and learning to sell

Cons

You use all the money you make on sales to fill your gas tank. Sales managers push you to continue harassing business owners who have better things to do than listen to some marketing pitch. It's a pyramid scheme. Yes, the company was on the Inc. 5000 list 4 years in a row, but that only measure money made by a company. All this company is, is a more expensive form of advertising made to look like this company is trying to help these businesses, but it is all about profits for the high up people. I'm disgusted in myself for even doing this internship for the short time that I did.

Advice to Management

Quit your job and find something to do other than use college students to pay your bills.

Campus Special Internship

Current Employee - Campus Special Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Campus Special Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at The Campus Special part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

was okay, i guess, very time consuming.

Cons

not much pay, but whatever, good experience though

Advice to Management

pay interns more please, too much time commitment to take over our whole summer. at least compensate us a little more.

The best job I've ever had, hands down

Former Employee - Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at The Campus Special full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good money
    Taught me responsibility and made me a more driven person
    This company has given back to me 10 fold what I gave to them
    Hooked me up with career partners so I am set for when I graduate

Cons

Cold calling is hard and intimidating at times
    Rejection

Advice to Management

I would recommend having managers in each city where the interns are to check in with them in person

CampusSpecial is 100% about their investments. Their workers are their investments. One's growth and development is key

Former Employee - Executive Account Manager in Binghamton, NY
    Former Employee - Executive Account Manager in Binghamton, NY

I worked at The Campus Special full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My National Sales Manager, Anthony Elmore, always made himself available to answer any questions or concerns I had at ANY hour of the day. Not only did I feel taken care of by him but the CEO, Chau Nguyen, would even make time to check-in with me via e-mail or text to make sure I was energized, motivated, and growing as a young professional. Where else will you find a CEO contacting his 100s of workers to see how they are doing? CampusSpecial truly cares about development and treats everyone as family. They have a fantastic mission and never lose sight of their goals - to help young professionals develop their fundamentals, be the best version of themselves, and not be afraid of success.

I ranked 19th out of 600 interns in the country for sales and marketing. I generated $43,000+ in revenue for the company. I traveled to other markets at the request of the company, and to measure that job by money and compensation would be to miss half of what I earned that summer.

While being an account executive I experienced how each day presented new challenges to be met, new people to gauge and work with, and elements that tested my emotional management and ability to handle rejection. Sales is definitely something everyone, especially those heading into business, should experience. From approaching businesses and requesting the time of owners and heads of corporate companies and corporations, the job as an account executive sure presented a mirror for personal and professional reflection at every turn. I learned a lot about myself. I learned that one misses 100% of the shots one does not take – so ask questions (if one doesn’t, the answer is an automatic “no” so one has nothing to lose); persistence pays profits; fundamentals are key; and to create short and long term goals and spend each day striving to achieve them. It was an amazing experience and looking back I know that I gained so much more than I could have ever imagined, that is priceless.

Cons

Commission based. Spent lots of money on gas.

One of the best experiences of my life that helped provide untouched quantifiable data for my resume.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Tucson, AZ

I worked at The Campus Special full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a previous Account Executive during the Summer 2013, I was able to gain real world work experience that prepared me for anything I face in the future. I completed the internship in the top 3 of 600 interns for ads sold and revenue sold. These numbers have drastically changed my resume and what companies think of me when I apply with them. During the internship, you are faced with multiple obstacles, that may seem hard at first, but if you push yourself to overcome them, and provide yourself with unlimited stories for interviews. This internship is a lot of work, but you push yourself to and past what you thought your limits were. After this internship I can say that I am a completely different person than I was at the training conference in Chicago. Anyone that is looking to get real world experience, push themselves to their limits, and build a resume that a large percentage of your job competition will not have, then apply for this internship!

Cons

This position does take up a lot of time during the work day and when you get home. I worked more hours than I probably needed to, but it paid off. I would not recommend it for anyone who already has a job or other priorities during the summer.

Best internship if your goal is to land a career in sales

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at The Campus Special full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-REAL sales experience
    -This internship will give you countless stories to strengthen your interviews for a career position after college: goal attainment, overcoming challenges, problem solving, running your own business
    -Your manager will help you with your resume and will provide a letter of recommendation as you interview for career positions
    -This internship absolutely helped me land my current position at a Fortune 500 marketing services company

Cons

If sales is not for you, this internship will not be enjoyable. It is a very challenging, outside sales role but I found that the challenges I faced gave me valuable experiences I could speak to in interviews, cover letters, and my resume was definitely stronger due to this internship.

Fun environment for a student with plenty of room to grow.

Former Employee - Events Marketing Coordinator in Macomb, IL
    Former Employee - Events Marketing Coordinator in Macomb, IL

I worked at The Campus Special part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy work and a chance to develop real skills. Career partners to help place students upon graduation. They guide you through the process and aid with any question that may come up.

Cons

Its only seasonal work until which is good because you are in school but bad because you don't have more time to develop skills. However, it should be said they have an intern program which is amazing too.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

RSS Feed </> Embed