The Cannery

The Cannery Reviews

Updated Feb 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Good place and people to work with

Race and Sports Book Writer (Former Employee)
Las Vegas, NV

I worked at The Cannery full-time for more than a year

ProsI worked with great people in the race and sports book

ConsI was laid off 3 months after leaving another job to work there. By the time I was called back from layoff the thrill was gone and I would have rather been anywhere but there.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't have any, they were all good people throughout the casino. If you do your job you will have no problems.

Mom and Pop Shop

Network Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at The Cannery full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood working atmosphere, co workers are nice and everybody knows each other. People are easy to communicate with.

ConsSmall time trying to be big time. Gaming atmosphere is 24x7 365, and days off are at a premium. Most holidays you will spend at work.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your employees to grow.

Inconsistent communication and expectations from Senior Management across it's various properties.

Director of Marketing (Former Employee)

I worked at The Cannery

ProsCompetitive pay and majority of employees work hard for the company.

ConsCommunication from Corporate Senior Management to the property level executives.

Advice to Senior ManagementLots of potential to gain market share from local competitors - institute a consistent and effective brand image among the properties.

bbbbb

I have been working at The Cannery

ProsThe only pro I had while working at the Casino is that the fellow employees are great and some of the best friends i have ever made

ConsThe company is awful. I would not work here. The management is not good at their jobs. They overwork anyone who is willing to stick around

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease learn how to communicate to your employees about changes and ask for their opitions. They are the ones speaking to guests about what they would like and could make the business better

Worked for The Cannery? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Cannery reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by The Cannery employees.