The Canyons Resort

Add Photos

Jeff Zogg

Canyons Resort- Child Care teacher

Child Care Teacher (Current Employee) Park City, UT

ProsFree ski pass, beautiful view, laid back environment, free lunch, variety of children and ages (6 weeks-6 years), sliding down a snowy hill with the kids and riding the gondola. Babysitting for guests at night or on your days off pays very well.

ConsWorking weekends and holiday, $10.50/hr, on-call sometimes, getting over-time hrs is very rare, getting sick (around kids)

Advice to Senior ManagementThey're wonderful and really care. Communication between employee and management is always key.

Fun Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree season pass to resort.

Consworking on holidays, pay wasn't great.

Amazing environment, surround by truly awesome people.

Resturaunt Supervisor (Current Employee) Park City, UT

ProsAdvancement opportunities
    Lots of perks: Free Skiing, free tickets for friends, buddy pass, triple play passes to neighboring resorts, benefits, vacation.
    All the amazing people

ConsWorking when you want to be skiing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing People

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Park City, UT

ProsThe on-site management team is excellent.

ConsUnfortunately, Canyons has gone corporate.

Fantastic Experience"

Cook (Former Employee) Park City, UT

ProsGreat resort, great town, lots of snow and lots of fun people. Worked with a great team determined to improve everyone aboard, good training and decent pay

Conskinda hard to get to work from park city, not too many employment perks.

Fun Work Place for those that love the outdoors

Groomer (Current Employee) Park City, UT

ProsFree season passes and fun people to work with. For your first few years moving up is easy if you will work hard and show up on time and sober.

ConsHard to get in to upper managment, there is a good old boys network that is very tight and some depaartment managers whom dont pull their weight seem to skate by due to friendships in senior managment and lack of knolodge in senior managment.

Advice to Senior ManagementRember, to some this is a carreer not just a job for a pass.

Awesome. Fun. Well paying.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree lift passes, great money, fun people,

Conspoor hours, lacking management, no mobility.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove on with your life.

Fun job perks and great team.

Director of Public Relations (Current Employee) Park City, UT

ProsThe skiing and the ability to be outside and not always in the office. My boss had full faith in me which was nice so I was able to give well over 100% to my job.

ConsThe lack of vision towards the future for some management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to think like a person who is visiting your resort from another part the country. Someone who's entire life does not revolve around skiing but for one week it might.

watch your back

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosamazing relationships that I fostered over time, some of which I still have, we had fun while I was there

Consthe truth is not something that upper management understands, backstabbing is the new norm, document all conversations

Advice to Senior Managementgo away

If nly they really cared enough about their employees.

Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) Park City, UT

ProsLots of really terrific people work for the two companies and do their best to make a difference in the resort setting.

ConsThe management does not really have their eye on keeping people for the long term. The owner spends money on frivolous and expensive ventures but fails to realize that people are the best investment he could make. Mid-level management is stuck in a cannibalistic mindset where they try to stay alive before they are eaten up by someone higher up.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lie to your employees, or set them up for failure. Also, pay people what they are worth for the high stress jobs they perform.

Worked for The Canyons Resort? Contribute to the Community!