The Carlyle Johnson Machine Company

Updated Feb 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Educational

Project Engineer (Former Employee)

Prosallow engineerings to design from start to finish working with customers and their requirements.

ConsSole ownership with family members in key positions. Difficult to remain professional with work environment unstable. Management vision, leadership, not present.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have nothing to offer the management group there [too entrenched in views].

Decent pay for not having a degree, but chaos in the workplace!

Machine Operator (Current Employee) Bolton, CT

Prosstarting pay was okay. You get your own work area to listen to the radio or joke around while your machines are running. work gets out at 330

ConsWhen managers need something suddenly, they stand there and stare at you like it's going to get down faster. No one puts tools back where they belong, so if you need something, expect to spend at least an hour looking for it!

If QA is expecting a tool to be returned from repair today and it isn't received, don't expect them to be on it! And this becomes a problem when your floor supervisor has people setting up jobs while expecting tools to come in on time. Spending 4 hours setting up, only to spend an additional 2 hours breaking it back down because the parts didn't come in on time is a problem.

Inventory is never fun when you don't know what you have. I used to keep track of the inventory there and when I would leave my desk, people would come by and take some of the materials and not tell me about it. So when an unexpected job comes in from the manager, I have to drop everything to cut something that is in the computer, but not in the inventory!

Tool parts. Tooling industries make a fortune off of Carlyle! I don't know how people can lose so many parts of the tools! If you are looking for a dial bore to finish your job, good luck finding the one with the right pieces! People drop them all the time, look down, and if they don't see them right away, they stop looking!

Engineering department lacks college degrees.

They bathrooms are disgusting.

Very poor annual raises! When I left, the raise was 1.5%

Advice to Senior ManagementStart hiring more responsible people who care about what they do!

Worked for The Carlyle Johnson Machine Company? Contribute to the Community!