www.learningcaregroup.com

Updated November 10, 2014
3.2

The Children's Courtyard CEO Barbara J. Beck
Barbara J. Beck

Good job if you have the passion and dedication to work with children

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Keller, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Keller, TX

I have been working at The Children's Courtyard full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

making a difference in children's lives; management is respectful, considerate, empowering and organized; company places high value on quality education; great curriculum

Cons

the pay could be better; uniforms are not the cutest

higher pay (it's not decided at the school level, but rather through the corporate office), better uniforms (also not determined at the school level)

A little hectic, but fun!

Current Employee - Infant Teacher in Flower Mound, TX
    Current Employee - Infant Teacher in Flower Mound, TX

I have been working at The Children's Courtyard full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working with children, bringing my kid to work, lovely director and manager, appears to have good room for advancement and personal growth.

Cons

Not enough staff members, very low pay for the amount of work, Texas state laws aren't the best child care has to offer, LCG elite seems to only care about money, expensive tuition even after discount.

Slow down and quit overworking yourself and your employees.

Lack of Leadership.

Current Employee - Lead Pre-k Teacher in The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Pre-k Teacher in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at The Children's Courtyard full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company has a way of attracting good teachers (location, reputation and they seem to always be hiring.)

Cons

Turnover in the management positions is a big issue with this employer. In 12 months of employment with LCG's The Children's Courtyard i have had 4 different directors, 2 different pre-school managers, 3 different school-aged managers and 3 different office managers. This is also a large reason for my joining this site and looking for a different employer...I have worked here for a year with no prospect of a raise because i have a new boss every time i look up.

Listen to your teachers and take their opinions under advisement. They are your closest contact to your customers.

"Dead End Job."

Current Employee - Part Time Assistant Teacher in Grand Prairie, TX
    Current Employee - Part Time Assistant Teacher in Grand Prairie, TX

I have been working at The Children's Courtyard part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love working with children as well as having weekends off. They're flexible as far as scheduling goes so it's a decent job for a college student.

Cons

The pay is horrible and there is absolutely no growth potential. This company is all about the money. Very unorganized & upper management tells you what you want to hear in regards to pay and hours to keep you satisfied for the time being. There is a lack of communication between the staff members and management which makes things more difficult than what they have to be. Instead of turning away kids due to being at max capacity they accept them which in turn puts more strain on the teachers. It's not the best job to have if you have other aspirations in life other than teaching.

Organization, communication and compensation could be a lot better.

Lead Teacher Pre-K

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Austin, TX

I have been working at The Children's Courtyard full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Teachers seem to be very invested in their classrooms. Teachers know more than just their children, and families are greeted by name. Management is accomadating with time off and scheduling conflicts. When teachers bring supplies from home they are reimbursed without having to jump through hoops. Parents are very kind and understanding and want to help keep consistency in a home setting as well. There are opportunities to grow and be be promoted within the school as well as through the company as a whole.

Cons

There is a lack of communication between the staff memebers. There is often a disconnect between management and corporate.

Communication could be improved greatly. Consider having training hour sign up sheets at the office so the information for accepted programs are readily available.

Current Manager

Current Employee - School Age Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - School Age Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Children's Courtyard full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The organization is truly focused on helping families, and training teachers. Medical and dental benefits offered.

Cons

Salaries could be better, but career is rewarding.

good and simple cirriculum to teach to children

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Arlington, TX

I worked at The Children's Courtyard full-time (more than an year)

Pros

flexible schedule around schooling, and family event. lot of interaction for family events

Cons

pay was not so well for what is to take on with teaching children.

Yikes...

Former Employee - School Age Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - School Age Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at The Children's Courtyard full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The kids. That's it.

Cons

I was a supervisor at one of their locations and my manager lied to me about my hours, pay and benefits raise (or lack there of), and even put multiple health and safety certifications on my 'teacher bio' for all the children's parents to see... I did not have a single certification other than my CDL (which wasn't even listed).

Don't lie to your employees, don't lie to the children's parents, give the kids more than two choices for things. I had every intention of working there indefinitely, but the environment was so negative (for the teachers and kids) that I left.

All about the money, not the kids

I worked at The Children's Courtyard

Pros

Organized corporation with a chain of command and places to report to. Never an issue with getting maintenance and things of the like done.

Cons

All they care about is the bottom line and making money. Every call I got from a district manager or corporate was to hound us about why our labor was over or why enrollment had dropped. Maybe enrollment dropped because the company stopped caring about the education of children? That's a thought

Not for everyone

Current Employee - Assistant TeacherMisc
    Current Employee - Assistant TeacherMisc

I have been working at The Children's Courtyard part-time

Pros

My schedule is great. Compared to other day care centers it has a very homey, comfortable atmosphere.

Cons

There's a lot of negativity among co-workers. Pay is very low compared to the everyday stress of the job.

The Children's Courtyard Photos