The Children's Place Reviews

Reset

1. Good Company

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked 2x for Children's Place. Once in FL and then in NC. Great discounts. Pay is decent.

Cons

Constant Management changes in 2nd store. Always changing product vs focusing on customers. TCP card promos are hard unless you really know how to sell.

Advice to Management

Stop having so many weekly floor changes. Go back to focusing more on customers vs always trying to put out a new and different product change than the week before.

Former Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

Pros

The only pro I can think of is the discount, however, coupons are offered to customers frequently that are the same percentage of savings, so it isn't really a benefit of working there.

Cons

Overworked, unrealistic expectations, high turnover, CEO's bonus & salary (17th highest compensated CEO) use of sweatshops and child labor to manufacture clothing, unsafe work environment, no work/life balance, unpredictable scedule due to last minute changes dictated by corporate, people aren't valued, district level politics, I could go on....

Advice to Management

Only considering profits while making business decisions and using greed as the only motivation for increasing shareholders stakes in the company puts ethics and moral at odds with customer satisfaction.

3. its okay

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great atmosphere, great discounts, not a long term career

Cons

horrible hours, not enough pay

Advice to Management

keep an organized store and organized schedule of how and when things should be done

5. I Love It

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ALWAYS BUSY Be it new floorsets, hardmrks, helping customers, processing shipment. Easy to move up due to high turnover

Cons

Little hours...at least at my store bc its really small, I feel pay is ridiciuosly low for sales associates, the dress code is bizarre we are always having to ise ladders l, step stools etc but cant wear tennis shoes?? Crazy accidents are bound to happen

Advice to Management

Asvice to CORPORATE! STOP having us come off so annoying and pushy at the cashwrap. The rewards program is understandable but the place credit cards and survey blabber gets us rused, eyes rolled ar us and sometimes ppl are just like forget it and walk away from the whole transaction. Seriously

6. Associate -> Lead -> ASM

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Mankato, MN
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Mankato, MN

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Like most places I've worked I really enjoyed my team. I enjoyed interacting with children. Now that my current place of work has terrible benefits, I really miss and appreciate the benefits I had with TCP, especially my sick time and vacation!!

Cons

The worst part of my job at TCP was having to deal with shop lifters. I felt the companies expectations in how we worked with the customers was too overwhelming for associates and customer. Any time I went through the procedures of what we were expected to do or say to the customers, I felt the customers thought I was annoying. I felt I was being annoying. No wants to be bothered, forced to take a shopping bag, or asked 20 questions when they shop. Working nights, weekends and holidays. Pay was on the lower side.

Advice to Management

Don't push so hard with mesh bags, credit cards and emails. Make TCP less stressful and more enjoyable for associates and customers. Allow associates to be personable with customers by not making them become an annoyance to the customer.

7. Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

the product and people engagement

Cons

the lack of a work life balance

Advice to Management

to slow down with the work load

8. fast paced sales

Current Employee - Key Holder/Lead in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Key Holder/Lead in Franklin, TN

Pros

Good employee discount, fun environment

Cons

Floorset change too many times, price updates everyday create chaos, often times resulting in moving product to accommodate sales. Not enough hours to finish projects (usually 2 people at all times).

Advice to Management

Give more hours for more coverage. Quit doing price updates so often and moves.

9. So so

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Have good vacation package.

Cons

IT Management often micro manages everything that happens.

10. Executive Assistant

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Kenilworth, NJ
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Kenilworth, NJ

I worked at The Children's Place (More than 8 years)

Pros

work great with people, quick learner, take critique well, proactive & very organized

Cons

day goes by fast, due very fast paced environment, sometimes lack of communication,, due to fast pace environment

Advice to Management

I am seeking a job where I can use my skills and be an asset to the company I am working for.

11. Sales Associate

I worked at The Children's Place part-time

Pros

Flexible schedule and management was very understanding and always there to help out.

Cons

Sometimes there were not a lot of hours given

RSS Feed </> Embed