The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints President Thomas S. Monson

Thomas S. Monson

Pros
  • The benefits are great and there are outstanding people to work with(in 9 reviews)

• Great work environment with passionate, dedicated people(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • The dress code is business professionals so no slacks and always a suit and tie even during the summer, it gets pretty old(in 5 reviews)

• The Church is a conservative organization and like most large organizations can have its fair share of politics(in 3 reviews)

Wonderful cause and colleagues

Instructor (Current Employee)

ProsYou work with great people, and there is a lot of opportunity to grow and learn.

ConsSome policy issues regarding pto, also a lack of competitive achievement

Best Job Ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMost fulfilling thing that I have ever done. True happiness.

ConsRequires very hard work and dedication.

Experiences within Church employment vary widely from department to department depending on current management.

Product Manager (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsA sense of mission and shared goals. This is a family-friendly place to work. You will have a sense of being part of a larger worldwide effort.

ConsManagers are people first and Church members second. Most are very good to work with but there are some you may have personality conflicts with. Take off the rose-colored glasses and do your best work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to your people, not just to your directors. You may be getting a filtered message. I have had many experiences with this kind of bottom up filtering. You may think that your experience and opinion are obvious but then you will be surprised when decisions are made.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Organization with great purpose

ProsI've been able to work on meaningful projects here and there have been great people to work with.

ConsLike any big organization, there are politics. Innovation is hard to accomplish here with all the red tape.

Great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly people. Great atmosphere. Competitive salaries. Great benefits. Learning opportunities. Great work/life balance.

ConsToo many steps to get something approved.

Great place to work with wonderful people and benefits.

Human Resources (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

Pros1. Working for a purpose that I can really get behind
    2. Great people
    3. Fulfills my spiritual needs as well as other needs

ConsCulture hasn't quite evolved to where it needs to be, but it is getting there, and it isn't bothersome to me. I had many of the same issues here as at my previous employer and they aren't that bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue moving the culture in the direction you are moving it. It is making a difference.

A great place to work!

Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsWorking alongside good, friendly people with high moral and ethical values. Medical and health benefits are the best in the country. Competitive salaries. Safe working environment. They provide all the best resources and support you need to do your work.

ConsWay too much management and not enough boots on the ground. They tend to hire too many layers of management, creating too much work for the "workers" to do. Change is sometimes too slow and frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore managers do NOT make for better processes and workflow. Way too many managers!!! Not enough workers!

Different, but good.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsI like working for a cause greater than shareholder value.
    Praying before meetings is awesome.
    There are some wonderful people who work here.

ConsAdvancement happens at a glacial pace.
    Culture resists change instead of embracing it.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of finding all stars outside Church employment to come in, build the great people who already work for you.

Best environment to ever work in

Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsEveryone has a high standard of morals that you won't find anywhere else. It is not a cut-throat company in the which if you make a mistake, or submit an opinion or idea and other people don't like it, nothing happens to your job. You don't get fired, you don't get demoted, you don't have to "watch your back" like you would in a different company. It feels more like a "family" as well. The pay is great and you won't find another company that takes care of you with their benefits like The Church does.

ConsIf you don't work in Utah, there really isn't much in the way of advancement.
    HQ constantly changes the processes instead of sticking to a permanent process.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a permanent process for the way things are done and handled. There are a lot of extra managers and processes that are constantly added. Find a way to have a permanent process and organization of management so that you won't have to reorganize again every few years to lean out the process.

Excellent place to work!

ProsThis was the best job! Great work environment and awesome people to work with.

ConsI don't have anything negative to report about.

Worked for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints? Contribute to the Community!