The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints President Thomas S. Monson

Thomas S. Monson

Pros
  • The benefits are great and there are outstanding people to work with (in 9 reviews)

• Great work environment with passionate, dedicated people (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • The dress code is business professionals so no slacks and always a suit and tie even during the summer, it gets pretty old (in 5 reviews)

• The Church is a conservative organization and like most large organizations can have its fair share of politics (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Working for the Church is great you have nice people around you and you can feel the spirit at all times.

Computer Security Analyst (Former Employee) Riverton, UT

ProsWorking for the Church is great you can easily get spoiled with the nice building and great equipment given to you for work. The Riverton building has a big cafeteria and a gym on sit, you have free soda every time and you get the best pay and benefits.

ConsYou might think that the is less work because it is a church organization but it is a business like any other so you get busy like any company. You will always have someone to ask questions when you need help and the people there are brilliant and nice the really know what they are doing. Sometimes you might feel dumb or left out but you will be given time to become a master in your field.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a great place to work on an entry level basses I would not recommend growing and staying there unless you went off years and came back to stay and help build the church.

Wonderful cause and colleagues

Instructor (Current Employee)

ProsYou work with great people, and there is a lot of opportunity to grow and learn.

ConsSome policy issues regarding pto, also a lack of competitive achievement

Best Job Ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMost fulfilling thing that I have ever done. True happiness.

ConsRequires very hard work and dedication.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Experiences within Church employment vary widely from department to department depending on current management.

Product Manager (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsA sense of mission and shared goals. This is a family-friendly place to work. You will have a sense of being part of a larger worldwide effort.

ConsManagers are people first and Church members second. Most are very good to work with but there are some you may have personality conflicts with. Take off the rose-colored glasses and do your best work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to your people, not just to your directors. You may be getting a filtered message. I have had many experiences with this kind of bottom up filtering. You may think that your experience and opinion are obvious but then you will be surprised when decisions are made.

Organization with great purpose

ProsI've been able to work on meaningful projects here and there have been great people to work with.

ConsLike any big organization, there are politics. Innovation is hard to accomplish here with all the red tape.

Great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly people. Great atmosphere. Competitive salaries. Great benefits. Learning opportunities. Great work/life balance.

ConsToo many steps to get something approved.

Great Place

Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) Dnipropetrovsk (Ukraine)

ProsBenefits, benefits, benefits. Good people and environment

ConsManagement can be overly strict, thinking it's your calling to be there.

Great place to work with wonderful people and benefits.

Human Resources (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

Pros1. Working for a purpose that I can really get behind
    2. Great people
    3. Fulfills my spiritual needs as well as other needs

ConsCulture hasn't quite evolved to where it needs to be, but it is getting there, and it isn't bothersome to me. I had many of the same issues here as at my previous employer and they aren't that bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue moving the culture in the direction you are moving it. It is making a difference.

A great place to work!

Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsWorking alongside good, friendly people with high moral and ethical values. Medical and health benefits are the best in the country. Competitive salaries. Safe working environment. They provide all the best resources and support you need to do your work.

ConsWay too much management and not enough boots on the ground. They tend to hire too many layers of management, creating too much work for the "workers" to do. Change is sometimes too slow and frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore managers do NOT make for better processes and workflow. Way too many managers!!! Not enough workers!

Different, but good.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsI like working for a cause greater than shareholder value.
    Praying before meetings is awesome.
    There are some wonderful people who work here.

ConsAdvancement happens at a glacial pace.
    Culture resists change instead of embracing it.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of finding all stars outside Church employment to come in, build the great people who already work for you.

Worked for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints? Contribute to the Community!